Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by rethea View Post
    2:1 for justice:valor seems a little off. You can only earn 1k valor a week, whereas farming out 1k justice takes very little time and there's no cap...
    You are incorrect on multiple levels.

First off, you use valor to upgrade pve purples and justice to upgrade pve blues. There is no cross usage.

Second, even if your general premise were not woefully incorrect, it would be 1:1 justice:valor. It takes the same number of valor to upgrade an item 8 levels as it takes justice to upgrade an item 8 levels.

Heroic items can be upgraded, yes.

Deleted
    So I hope also the Darkmoon Cards

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybrix View Post
    The real question is can you upgrade heroic Items? since Asians/Chinese can get 517's are we going to be able to get 509 / 513 / 517 items with upgrades on our heroic items to put them on par with their items?
    Haha... I want to see a Heroic, Elite item on asian servers upgraded two times with valor... this would be close to 540 ilvl for T14. >_>

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    wondering what "correct amount of damage" means, throwing hotfixes without effective data is useless Mr. Street

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny...

"Blizzard made 10 and 25s share a lockout because 25 man guilds were "forced" into running the lower skilled 10s for extra gear each week."

But, we are not forced to do our daily quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    wondering what "correct amount of damage" means, throwing hotfixes without effective data is useless Mr. Street
    He edited the PVP watercooler shortly after it went up indicating that there was a debuff that is applied to summoned stampede pets to make them weaker than normal hunter pets that was not correctly being applied in Arenas. This is probably that bug being fixed. So basically until this point, stampede pets were doing the same damage as normal hunter pets in Arenas, while they were doing the correct amount of damage in PVE content.

I really hope the cost of valor items gets changed. Its 1500 valor points to fully upgrade a raid item, which is 1.5 weeks worth of valor. Multiply that by 16 gear slots and fully upgrading a valor set takes 24 weeks, i.e. 6 months. Consider that you will upgrade some slots more than once a tier, and tiers in the past have lasted less than 6 months. Furthermore, those 8 items levels take roughly 36 heroic runs to complete, or 300 daily quests each. This being if with this system they do away with valor gear entirely, and you have nothing else to use it on.

Similarly, but not quite as bad, its going to take about 4 months at high rating to fully conquest upgrade a set of PVP gear, which after you count buying it may in fact be impossible to complete in a single arena season.
    Last edited by DisposableHero; 2012-11-02 at 11:58 AM.

Seems like item upgrading kinda throws out the fact they're planning an item squish.

Deleted
    OMG!pvp trinket, 1min cooldown

Deleted
    Great - another ridiculous way of getting people to play more without complaining about a lack of content a few months from now.
    'Hey guys, if you grind for another three days we'll give you an extra stat point to one item!'
    Wasn't it enough with the dailies?

MMOs really need a complete overhaul in their design, all of them. They're meant to be big, vibrant, immersive worlds. Not spreadsheets where you grind yourself insane to get a few points.

I'm saving my points for BiS gear.

yaaaay, more imbalance with pvp gear, just what wow needed....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Great - another ridiculous way of getting people to play more without complaining about a lack of content a few months from now.
    'Hey guys, if you grind for another three days we'll give you an extra stat point to one item!'
    Wasn't it enough with the dailies?

MMOs really need a complete overhaul in their design, all of them. They're meant to be big, vibrant, immersive worlds. Not spreadsheets where you grind yourself insane to get a few points.
    Then dont do them? I hate people like you, who complain about honestly nothing which matters.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    My god can they ever stop crying about doing LFR.
    The moment some players realized that others potentially less "skilled" than themselves are able to get epic gear, albeit less powerful than what they were getting, they whined.

They whined about the 20-man raids in Vanilla.

They whined when Badge gear was introduced in Burning Crusade.

They whined when 10-man variant raids with less powerful loot were introduced in WotLK.

Until less than 5% of the player population are allowed to get epic gear again, they will always whine.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

I don't know if I'm really a big fan of the gear upgrade system... 1500 valor per item? 1000 valor per week, 16 upgradeable item slots... that's 24 weeks, just to fully upgrade one set of gear.

Half a year to upgrade all of your stuff, assuming your gear is static and doesn't change. Ouch?

But despite my misgivings, I'm willing to shrug and take it as it comes. It might not be as painful as I think.

However, adding that same feature to conquest gear? I thought they didn't want people in full gear absolutely exploding those without PvP gear? They've just added another layer of gearing for those who go all out and get all of the gear as soon as possible. I'm one of those people, so I'm not complaining for my sake, but rather just wondering at the (seeming) discrepancy in their philosophy.

I like the idea that you can get a BIS PvP set in a fairly straightforward manner and without too much time investment. I don't know. I just think I'm never going to be able to finish upgrading all of my stuff before a new tier/season comes along, which makes me fret!

Everyone else seems pretty happy with the system, though. Is anyone else seeing the issues (?) I'm seeing? Or am I missing the glory of the system?

I hope they plan on making justice points easier to get.
    Since at 90, the only way to get it is the 35-45JP after the last boss in heroics. Would make grinding 1500 next to useless for anyone to bother with it.

Course, knowing Blizzard, they won't make it easier, because making the bottom, easily passed gear easier to get than the better gear doesn't make sense.

Deleted
    What I see as wrong is that you need to be in some point of reputation to get valor gear. I am really enjoy to play alts, but I didnt like Dailies and LFR and all this grinding alike staff. Why is this all only for PVE players but PVP are not affected. Thats not fair! I have a lot to do. I am leveling many alts and so on. I dont need put more time to stupid dailies. And Yes I agree about shared lockout for LFR/25 and 10 man ....You say we want more ppl see content we are creating . Ok they can see. But Why all other need to see it 100times per datadisk? Thats really boring. Another yours look. Can you imagine how bad is LFR when you go with no skilled ppl in group? They dont read any tactic and they get epic loot for nothing do. They just ride with skilled players which are wasted time here. May be this is your point. You want low skilled ppl to get gear and see what you creating and you Smile in all skilled players faces. I dont like you !

And I almost forgot. Buff hunters dmg. Hunters are in the middle of pack on single target fights. On other fights they are in last places all the time. They have no cleave, no dots, not good AOE(only surv has good one) and they have just BURTS like a hell (rally bad idea) and no constant good dmg . Hunters are too much depending on theirs pets (also bad idea 60 % of dmg??? are you crazy?)..
    Last edited by mmoc0ba67a0b63; 2012-11-02 at 01:54 PM.

Justice upgrades and Honor upgrades are around a 7.8% increase in stats.
    Each single upgrade of a Valor and Conquest item is about a 3.8% upgrade, resulting in a 7.8% upgrade from the first to the second upgrade.
    It's all equal.

I have a question regarding the item upgrade system, but I'm not sure if anyone has an answer yet.

With honor items, we currently have access to blues. If epics are ever moved to the honor vendor (which I'm sure they will be at some point, maybe 5.1), will our upgraded blues be on par with the epics or will we be at a slight disadvantage?

It seems like this would make Staffs very good in early parts of the tier(same with 2 handers) because then you just need to 1500 valor to cap it out (750*2) but for MH+OH you will need double the valor to cap it out. And you get about the same stats. So i think more important slots need to be more expensive. But only problem with that is fury warrs. Titan grip would really make 2x2h very expensive