Amber-Shaper Un'sok Healing Debuff

Just wondering for those who have killed it how did you deal with the healing on the targeted raider with Parasitic Growth.

" Amber-Shaper Un'sok causes amber to grow within the body of a random target, inflicting 16,250 Nature damage every 2 sec. This strain of amber absorbs healing energy, increasing the damage it inflicts to its host in direct proportion to any healing received. After 30 sec, the unstable parasite dissipates without a trace."

Does periodic healing contribute to this? Holy priests needing to unglyph lightspring? Tank heals, etc all seemed to blow up the target in the third phase.

Hots appeared to be making it tick for more, but from what I could tell with limited information and trouble tracking the debuff in logs, absorbs weren't stacking it. I need to double check that though.

I think both of us healers were mostly ignoring whoever had it. Our mistweaver's incidental healing was enough most of the time (which also stacked it). At six seconds left on the debuff, I cast Hand of Purity on them and then healed them to full. If things were looking particularly grim for that player before then, I would use hosac on them.

Our disc priest just threw a shield on the debuff targets. The shield didn't seem to increase the dot. Absorbs completely negate this mechanic.

Does that mean Spirit Shell would not trigger it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayita View Post
    Does that mean Spirit Shell would not trigger it?
    Indeed. I wouldn't use it specifically for the debuff because it's pretty weak as long as you don't pump heals into it. But using it for other things will not make the debuffs explode.

Also, be very careful with tranq. Things got pretty crazy when we popped it, haha.

Deleted
    When we tried using bubbles, the debuff increased, intended or not.
    Rogue / mage -> iceblock/cloak works, I (on my warrior) specced safeguard and casted it on debuff targets once in a while. When the debuff had ~5 seconds remaining, our healers started pumping hots in.

I'm just thinking of P3 where you cant really using POH without hitting that person constantly. This would enable me to heal as "normal" and not blow them up.

We just ignored the mechanic with shields as far as I can tell. I think the healers mostly forgot about it until we tranqed. I'm not a healer, but all they discussed in vent is that the shields weren't increasing the buff and to let the disc handle them; others ignore it.

The ratio of healing done to damage increase is ~8:1 (So if you get healed for 8,000 between ticks, your damage goes up by 1,000)

I was looking into seeing how much my leeching poison increased my stacks (see log below). I made a quick and dirty spreadsheet to track how much I was increasing my damage, out of curiosity, you can find it here

ETA: Boomkins can symbiosis rogues and cloak it as well.

Deleted
    I didn't look too much but it felt like the dot increases by about a 3rd or a 4th of the healing done to the target. It's not a 1:1 increase at least.
    On a side note, when our Spriest used his Halo the dot increased by about 30k.

So basicly you mostly want to single target heal on this boss to avoid stacking the debuff and preferably have a disc?

Also do you have to 2 or 3 heal this on 10 man?

Just trying to get a little insight as we will probably be tackeling this during our next raid and there isn't much info about this boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinedoom View Post
    So basicly you mostly want to single target heal on this boss to avoid stacking the debuff and preferably have a disc?

Also do you have to 2 or 3 heal this on 10 man?

Just trying to get a little insight as we will probably be tackeling this during our next raid and there isn't much info about this boss.
    We 2 healed it. The extra DPS is necessary, while there isn't much healing to do if you manage the debuff properly and your raid doesn't stand in badness or ignore adds or miss interrupts.

We two healed it on 10m. There really wasn't a huge need to three heal it. We also didn't have a disc priest, so it's not one of those things where they're necessary. As long as no one is blowing up the raid, the debuff shouldn't be stacking very high.