Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Varian Wrynn - spoilers

Pretty much covers and fills in some gaps.

Something I got to thinking after hearing this. Well I am horde and don't get much about of hearing Varian talk about the horde how he does, I do see his points and this shows how far he's matured as a character in what he wishes to achieve, that he doesn't give into his rage like he use to or fall for Garrosh's tricks.

However, a major problem I see on the horizon and one blizzard will have to step extremely carefully over.

Well the alliance are aiming for an assured victory, and the horde indeed is fracturing because of Garrosh, and now Varian saying he intends to make the final blow against Garrosh, something about the fact he said they wished to keep horde activity 'in check'?

Now well Varian's is only from an alliance standpoint, there is a massive risk blizzard has here. It they allow the alliance to, after Garrosh's defeat, somehow be part of influencing what the horde does and how it governs itself, this will be the ultimate kill switch for so many horde players, and will feel, to me anyway, like taking a piss on the hordes name and what its meant to develop into on its own accord after Garrosh falls.

The alliance should have no influence on how the horde governs itself, and it should go no further then Varian making a clear statement to the new horde leader how if they come to blows against there will be no mercy blah blah blah. If it goes beyond this and the alliance think they have the right to anything the new horde after Garrosh will have to do, I can just imagine the vast numbers of horde players feeling so pissed at this.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

Pretty much covers and fills in some gaps.

Something I got to thinking after hearing this. Well I am horde and don't get much about of hearing Varian talk about the horde how he does, I do see his points and this shows how far he's matured as a character in what he wishes to achieve, that he doesn't give into his rage like he use to or fall for Garrosh's tricks.

However, a major problem I see on the horizon and one blizzard will have to step extremely carefully over.

Well the alliance are aiming for an assured victory, and the horde indeed is fracturing because of Garrosh, and now Varian saying he intends to make the final blow against Garrosh, something about the fact he said they wished to keep horde activity 'in check'?

Now well Varian's is only from an alliance standpoint, there is a massive risk blizzard has here. It they allow the alliance to, after Garrosh's defeat, somehow be part of influencing what the horde does and how it governs itself, this will be the ultimate kill switch for so many horde players, and will feel, to me anyway, like taking a piss on the hordes name and what its meant to develop into on its own accord after Garrosh falls.

The alliance should have no influence on how the horde governs itself, and it should go no further then Varian making a clear statement to the new horde leader how if they come to blows against there will be no mercy blah blah blah. If it goes beyond this and the alliance think they have the right to anything the new horde after Garrosh will have to do, I can just imagine the vast numbers of horde players feeling so pissed at this.
    Honestly, I doubt it will come to that. As you know from our previous encounters, I'm an Alliance die-hard, but I am head over heels excited to see who the hell the new Warchief is going to be, there are a few who can be completely ruled out, but it's seeming to come down to Lorthemar (with all the allusions to big things happening with the BElves) and Vol'Jin (I'll actually be really upset if they kill Vol'jin off). I don't know how they would pull off Sylvanas, and I don't think Cairne really wants to lead up the Horde. Goblins...well moving on.

But when it comes down to how things will go down and the end of the expansion, I don't think that the Alliance will have anything to do with how the Horde governs themselves, but I could see them being present when the new Warchief is named or at the very least, helping the cleanup effort in Orgimmar. I'm fairly certain by the way things are shaping up, that there will be some sort of newly forged alliance between the horde and alliance, which will be needed since it's pretty much confirmed the next expansion is going to be Burning Legion based.

Long story short, I HIGHLY highly doubt that the Alliance will have anything to do with the governance of the Horde, and you will probably only see us in Org for a little while after to help clean up whatever mess is made from the dethroning of Garrosh.

I think you are over analyzing the wording. I doubt Blizzard meant anything by that. They are just trying to make him sound like a leading figure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its Baine, not Cairne, had to just put that in.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 01:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    I think you are over analyzing the wording. I doubt Blizzard meant anything by that. They are just trying to make him sound like a leading figure.
    Well they are doing a fine job of Varian's development at least. If I wasn't a diehard horde fan (who hates Garrosh and his folowers go figure) I might like seeing Varian as my kind of leader.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 01:19 AM ----------

Well they are doing a fine job of Varian's development at least. If I wasn't a diehard horde fan (who hates Garrosh and his folowers go figure) I might like seeing Varian as my kind of leader.

A mix of Garrosh(Acting when necessary) and Thrall(Being smart about the Horde and how they treat it's members). While Thrall is not Garrosh and loads better then Garrosh I'm just noting how their reigns were.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I can see why you'd be upset if that happened, but I really doubt it will go that far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    A mix of Garrosh(Acting when necessary) and Thrall(Being smart about the Horde and how they treat it's members). While Thrall is not Garrosh and loads better then Garrosh I'm just noting how their reigns were.
    Despite peoples limited perception, Thrall did act when it was necessary. Peoples argument against it stems from how Thrall didn't act like a raging bloodthursty savage orc, so to them that made him a bad leader, which has always been a retarded argument. Thrall acted when he knew he had to, and kept his people from doing something stupid, and it worked.

Anyway, the whole point of the horde is for them to be a band of noble yet savage races, banding together under one banner for survival, and finding the things that makes them valuable allies together. This isn't meant to be influenced any the alliance, except on the notion that if they don't band together as one, the alliance would have victory over them.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite peoples limited perception, Thrall did act when it was necessary. Peoples argument against it stems from how Thrall didn't act like a raging bloodthursty savage orc, so to them that made him a bad leader, which has always been a retarded argument. Thrall acted when he knew he had to, and kept his people from doing something stupid, and it worked.

At times he had inaction. As I said Garrosh and Thrall are sort of extremes of what Orcs can be. Garrosh is obviously the wrong. Thrall is when he goes extremely peaceful. Some things did go past him, weather that was intended or writer's error is another thing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    you mean like bruxels and germany is calling the shots from afar on my country ?

seriously though

I woulnd´t mind, the horde has stomped the alliance in lore for so long now, we had major changes, plot and characters development/advancements even cuttscenes.
    Time for alliance to shine and be a bit the paragon for all it stood for before lorderon fell

10+ Year Old Account
    At times he had inaction. As I said Garrosh and Thrall are sort of extremes of what Orcs can be. Garrosh is obviously the wrong. Thrall is when he goes extremely peaceful. Some things did go past him, weather that was intended or writer's error is another thing.
    I will still say and strongly too, that Thrall while he wanted peace and tried to strive for it without using heavy force against other races, he still would rise to fight to defend his people and fight to keep peace in his domain, while trying to keep any conflict with others unless there was little choice. That isn't inaction, that is training to maintain something.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I will still say and strongly too, that Thrall while he wanted peace and tried to strive for it without using heavy force against other races, he still would rise to fight to defend his people and fight to keep peace in his domain, while trying to keep any conflict with others unless there was little choice. That isn't inaction, that is training to maintain something.

As I said Thrall definately didn't have Garrosh's tactics which admittingly came out of nowhere and perhaps influences cause that's how we learn. The only inaction I mostly saw was Sylvanas and some naughty Orcs and what not.

I woulnd´t mind, the horde has stomped the alliance in lore for so long now, we had major changes, plot and characters development/advancements even cuttscenes.
    Time for alliance to shine and be a bit the paragon for all it stood for before lorderon fell
    Well in all fairness we've always shined as Paragons, that's just what the Alliance is but yes, time for us to finally show it off. Anyways I doubt we'll have control over the Horde. Seems to much of a waste and a hassle. If anything we'd have scouts but that's it. I mean I'd think Varian would be a fool to try and control the Horde.

Not to mention if people haven't noticed. The Horde or rather the Orcs have something in common with the Pandaren. Their people were once slaves to a masters of a powerful race like the Mogu. So the Mogu are like the Burning Legion of Pandaria of sorts so they relate better.

Becoming under the Alliance would seem to piss off the Orcs even more and the Horde. They don't want to trade one master for another, they want to be free.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Wont and can't happen. If Varian was so good a leader he'd know he's partly to blame for the war. Both factions are engaged, and Varian being a dick forced Thrall's hand into selecting Garrosh as warchief. His primary concern was for the orcs to be safe. At the time, Varian would have used Thrall's absence for a mild tempered warchief as a way to defeat The Horde. He knew Garrosh would have none of his shit the words were something like "An orc of true blood, someone who'd bow to no human."

If Varian wants to stir up The Horde even more so after Garrosh's death/departure by interfering another Garrosh like Warchief will take his place. So that wont happen, nor would Blizzard allow it. They all play Horde, they're giving the Alliance this expansion to keep them subbed

10+ Year Old Account
    Wont and can't happen. If Varian was so good a leader he'd know he's partly to blame for the war. Both factions are engaged, and Varian being a dick forced Thrall's hand into selecting Garrosh as warchief. His primary concern was for the orcs to be safe. At the time, Varian would have used Thrall's absence for a mild tempered warchief as a way to defeat The Horde. He knew Garrosh would have none of his shit the words were something like "An orc of true blood, someone who'd bow to no human.

Varian is not a dick as people want to make him out to be. He didn't force anyone's hand. Garrosh made the choice to fight on his own as did Thrall. That isn't Varian's fault, what is his fault is acting rash at certain meetings with Thrall. Varian had nothing to do with making Thrall choosing Garrosh as Warchief.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Varian is not a dick as people want to make him out to be. He didn't force anyone's hand. Garrosh made the choice to fight on his own as did Thrall. That isn't Varian's fault, what is his fault is acting rash at certain meetings with Thrall. Varian had nothing to do with making Thrall choosing Garrosh as Warchief.
    Declaring war on The Horde would make you choose someone who'd fight back. Well that's just me, maybe some people are up for someone to nod quietly in the corner whilst a foreign ruler wants everything you've built for your people destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry :P I've been messing the two of them up so much lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    Declaring war on The Horde would make you choose someone who'd fight back. Well that's just me, maybe some people are up for someone to nod quietly in the corner whilst a foreign ruler wants everything you've built for your people destroyed.

Because we weren't going to take the Horde's crap anymore? Thrall didn't choose Garrosh because of Varian. I never said or insinuated Thrall should have someone to nod quietly, stop with the strawman.

EDIT: Someone is going to mention Camp Taurajo and Taurwin the thread.

Warrior-Magi

I agree with the others in this topic, that does seem very unlikely.
    I do wonder, however, if the orcs aren't going to see a bit of the same treatment the forsaken got after the Wrathgate. I can totally see (especially with a non-orc warchief, such as Lor'themar, Vol'jin or Baine) the other Horde races keeping their eyes on the orcs. They might very well have to earn the other races' trust back.

Off-topic: Lor'themar for Warchief!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel they may write org as a east/west germany situation

i think thats good.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I feel they may write org as a east/west germany situation

i think thats good.
    I was sorely disappointed that Andorhol was phased into one side winning instead of being this.

10+ Year Old Account
    an org that is split between *who ever leads the horde rebels* and the alliance would be an interesting dynamic.

and this could lead into many more interesting stories and new characters. new political leaders etc