Page 1 of 47
... LastLast

Brawlers Guild: Wrath of the complainers.

"Entry into the brawler’s guild is by invitation only. Invitations can be found on the black market auction house or by invitation from somebody within the guild."
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/754...er_2-11_2_2012

People are already complaining about it going to be too hard to get in. Do they not realize there is nothing the guild give you other than achievements? Someone has already said he cancelled because of this. Is this a case of entitled whiners or are they in the right?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006893904
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Everyone is entitled to have a chance to play the game they pay for, sorry you don't think that to be the case.

That being said, technically they do have a chance to play. However these avenues have more to do with luck than ability. It's not worth cancelling subs over but the design is flawed. Rather than an open invite with tiered rankings and instanced fights with a leader board, it's an exhibition where those whom camped the BMAH and invited their friends get dibs, even if all they do is eat ground and suck like 99% of the playerbase when it comes to soloing things. Need only direct you to skeleton piles around every rare spawn in Pandaria for proof of that.

I get everyone is entitled to play the game they pay for, but they aren't entitled to everything in the game.

Deleted
    Well it kind of sucks, to be honest. I mean, if you have really bad luck, you can basically never get inside of this brawler thing without having a guild in the first place.

I do have a guild, but I don't like asking for help or favors, I like to manage things by myself and it kinda goes against how I do. But it certainly isn't worth to unsubscribe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest, I quit WoW in August 2011. I ummed and aah'd over Mists but decided to stay retired.

Brawlers Guild was single handidly piquing my interest to bring me back, I've done a ton of soloing since Vanilla, through TBC, Wrath and Cata. I enjoy that more than raiding personally.

However if they're going to BMAH the access I'll stay unsubbed.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    I get everyone is entitled to play the game they pay for, but they aren't entitled to everything in the game.
    Your post has to be the most self contradicting thing I have ever read on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not quitting, but this is seriously stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Your post has to be the most self contradicting thing I have ever read on the internet.
    Wrong you are. How many people raided Naxx 40 in Vanilla? How many people raided in Vanilla or TBC? I can tell you not everyone because they couldn't. You had to put effort, or get lucky.

I did wonder why there was invites on the BMAH on the PTR but i always assumed it was some kind of bug

but if this makes it to live its gonna kill the whole Brawlers guild in its infancy

cause lets face it how many invites can be sold on the bmah 1 every 2 days? This sounds to be like a very bad idea and i really hope its not implemented

imagine if raids worked like this

sorry you cant enter HoF you need to spend thousands of gold on a invite that prolly only comes on the auction house every couple of days
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2012-11-03 at 02:26 AM.

This just add's to the list of reason's why i will not be subbed after the 27th of this month..

Really wanted to check this out but o well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    while i not agree that this is the way too get into the brawlers guild.
    unsubbing for this is just a bit weak, i mean come on its just a side thing too waste some time on.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    They are entitled to a chance and an opportunity, I accept it already exists, but seriously? BMAH invite? That's just stupid. I want to compete and show off my ability, not camp the BMAH for some random invite. And I want to watch good players show off their ability and learn from them, not watch a bunch of lucky morons eat ground non-stop on something a level 85 could solo because they don't know how to interrupt a painful sounding ability with a year long cast or move out of the giant area of certain pain. Those people have no business being in the brawler's guild waste time and space and they are there because they got lucky outbidding the invite and then invited their terrible friends. How is that being entitled saying such a situation is lame? I guess you really have to want it, but I have better things to do than endlessly camp the BMAH. I didn't do that for the mounts and gear I wanted, I'm not gona do it for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    excellent idea, keeps all the negative nanceys out of game please dont resub
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still only on the PTR, things may change yet. I don't mind the set up to be honest, gives it a fun flavour and staggers the amount of people joining it. It's an exclusive club this way, at first, but over time anyone interested will be in it anyway. I'm not really bothered about any of it though, I have more then enough content to keep me busy, I'll get an invite at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    excellent idea, keeps all the negative nanceys out of game please dont resub
    And you wounder why wow has the rep it dose with comments like that.....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    sorry you cant enter HoF you need to spend thousands of gold on a invite that prolly only comes on the auction house every couple of days
    This is literally pay-to-play exclusion, it just dashed the excitement I had about this. I enjoy solo challenges, I don't enjoy having someone outbid me and invite their terrible friends to the challenge, denying me a chance for something fun and granting them the opportunity to wipe endlessly, see they suck but refuse to accept it and whine about the fights being too hard.

IF there are a reasonable number of invites floating about on the BMAH it might work. If you can invite many or unlimited people it shouldn't be too bad.

My prediction right now is that there won't be enough. Someone will buy the first invite on the server for lots of money. They will then follow this up by selling brawlers guild invites in trade for retarded amounts of money.

This will lead to most people ignoring the feature altogether and it will fade into obscurity within a couple of months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And you wounder why wow has the rep it dose with comments like that.....

To be fair there are a lot of immature people on here even the unsubbed ones.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    This is literally pay-to-play exclusion, it just dashed the excitement I had about this. I enjoy solo challenges, I don't enjoy having someone outbid me and invite their terrible friends to the challenge, denying me a chance for something fun and granting them the opportunity to wipe endlessly, see they suck but refuse to accept it and whine about the fights being too hard.
    It will be the vodka crap all over again top guilds camping it so people can't get in its a really bad idea to do it this way.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 02:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    To be fair there are a lot of immature people on here even the unsubbed ones.
    That is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Terrible analogy. Raiding is to progress your character, I don't think there is anything in the Brawlers Guild that has progression for your character.