Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Good riddance to both. Cataclysm was clunky and never was effective, seriously. Any melee with half a brain would. Glyph of Supernova is also useless. If I am near death and I have 3-4 embers stored, I'd rather heal myself.

Why would you ever right click anything hostile?
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs

Glad glyph of supernova is gone, it was completely worthless (5yard range? Really?) and counter-intuitive, and for no reason anyone, even the most novice of players should think "Maybe I get a better result in here if I die rather than staying alive." Use those embers to heal yourself instead.

Cataclysm however? I'll miss that, badly.

EDIT: Metamorphosis melee gone due to their inability to fix a -bug-, will also make Demonology even worse as a spec in pvp situations when you require, as all classes do, focused burst to kill a target.
    Last edited by DG01; 2012-11-03 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DG01 View Post
    Glad glyph of supernova is gone, it was completely worthless (5yard range? Really?) and counter-intuitive, and for no reason anyone, even the most novice of players should think "Maybe I get a better result in here if I die rather than staying alive." Use those embers to heal yourself instead.

Cataclysm however? I'll miss that, badly.

EDIT: Metamorphosis melee gone due to their inability to fix a -bug-, will also make Demonology even worse as a spec in pvp situations when you require, as all classes do, focused burst to kill a target.
    To be honest Demonology was getting a bit OP, and we can't deny it. The amount of burst you can deal with all cooldowns and 1k fury was insane. Sure there should be cost (huge ramp up) vs appropriate reward (huge burst), but it's not the same thing in PvP unfortunately.

All right, Destro's CC will be the weakest of all classes,congratuations!!
    Blz, I prefer strong CC to high cost,high damage CB, you know?
    20% decrase CB and give us 20s shadowfury,whice is nice to me,perhaps all destro PVP players.
    Last edited by shinewaylee; 2012-11-03 at 11:27 AM.

Deleted
    That would be so nice in PvE !

Cataclysm animation and concept were awesome, but the implementation was poorly designed. Afaik they're still messing with the spell to come up with something better than what it was. It deserves to go live.

Well, I hope it comes back in a refined form.

Was looking forward to blowing up noobs with Supernova in random BGs too. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Spektroman View Post
    I asked GC about Cataclysm on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...59359416221696

It looks like they simply realized that it didn't work as a melee deterrent as well as they hoped. I'd love if they made cataclysm into a cool spell. As for the supernova glyph, to be honest I won't miss it. It's very rare that I die with full embers, so the damage was usually crappy anyway.

As for the warlock questline, I haven't seen any indication of it being gone.
    Anyone playing a warlock that had any idea about what the spell "Cataclysm" did, knew taht it wouldent work as the designers said it was intended for, i mean...seriously, why wont they just give us a self-banish, immune to any damage for x seconds but cant do anything for x seconds, this was suggested even back in TBC before WoTLK was out in the "Warlock ideas" thread (official) it was a few years ago, but it is still a valid idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    So, the removal of meta auto attack is their wand fix? Do they know that wands even make the demonic slash gcd not scale with haste what is still a dps loss as demo with a wand. Or did i just miss something?
    The GCD on Touch of Chaos is always 1 second regardless of equipped weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    To be honest Demonology was getting a bit OP, and we can't deny it. The amount of burst you can deal with all cooldowns and 1k fury was insane. Sure there should be cost (huge ramp up) vs appropriate reward (huge burst), but it's not the same thing in PvP unfortunately.
    I wouldn't say 'OP', but there is certainly great potential. Frankly, it wont make that big a difference as you'll still get that damage within the window of popping your cooldowns, it'll just be a little more backloaded towards when Doom actually ticks.

The other way to look at it though, better multidotting, and for PvP, better spread pressure. I actually welcome this change fully.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-11-03 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post

I wouldn't say 'OP', but there is certainly great potential. Frankly, it wont make that big a difference as you'll still get that damage within the window of popping your cooldowns, it'll just be a little more backloaded towards when Doom actually ticks.

The other way to look at it though, better multidotting, and for PvP, better spread pressure. I actually welcome this change fully.
    this is actually bad for pvp demon, since doom ticks every 15sec and dispels are on 8 sec cd... so the chances you don't see your doom tick ever, is really big IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post

Well, it should make it more balanced, but the problem is that doom is easily dispelled.

Also, for Cataclysm, I would like to see the following: 1.5 sec cast time, interruptable, usable while CC, stuns for 4 seconds within 10 yards and knocks back.

Doom isn't THAT easy to dispel. Let's assume it's a 1v1. We have up to 4 debuffs we can apply to a target: Corruption, Doom, Shadowflame (granted incredibly short duration), and a curse. With dispels on an 8 second CD, they could probably get in 2 dispels before the first Doom tick, which is not enough to dispel everything. Sure it's not a perfect scenario, but there's still a chance that we can get a tick off.

Doom was the logical place to dump the extra Meta damage to compensate. ToC would have been a bit too bursty, and since the melee damage was small over time, it makes sense to add it to a DoT.

Besides, with the shift of damage from melee to Doom, this will actually increase our damage outside of Meta as well, and will probably be a dps increase overall, especially for multi-dotting scenarios. We already roll incredibly strong 1.5 minute Dooms, the extra 25% damage on them will more than outweigh the melee damage we had in a PvE situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    Doom isn't THAT easy to dispel. Let's assume it's a 1v1. We have up to 4 debuffs we can apply to a target: Corruption, Doom, Shadowflame (granted incredibly short duration), and a curse. With dispels on an 8 second CD, they could probably get in 2 dispels before the first Doom tick, which is not enough to dispel everything. Sure it's not a perfect scenario, but there's still a chance that we can get a tick off.

Doom was the logical place to dump the extra Meta damage to compensate. ToC would have been a bit too bursty, and since the melee damage was small over time, it makes sense to add it to a DoT.

Besides, with the shift of damage from melee to Doom, this will actually increase our damage outside of Meta as well, and will probably be a dps increase overall, especially for multi-dotting scenarios. We already roll incredibly strong 1.5 minute Dooms, the extra 25% damage on them will more than outweigh the melee damage we had in a PvE situation.
    Are you playing MoP or... I don't get it?

Dispel removes ALL magical debuffs from the target. Has an 8second cooldown.

You apply your 4 debuffs, they cast 1 dispel, all of your debuffs are now removed.

Qu1rex beat me to it
    Last edited by Vetro; 2012-11-03 at 01:52 PM. Reason: qu1rex beat me to it

Deleted
    Dispells dispell all the effects now in one cast.

But dispel removes every debuff... And since it's on an 8 sec CD, you'll always have it ready before Doom ticks. I'm not saying it's a bad decision, I'm saying that it might reduce Demonology's effectiveness in certain scenarios (especially against the fabled godcomp).

Deleted
    Would be much better being baked into ToC/CW.

Deleted
    i fully agree with Fiddi2bit, it should have been baked into touch of chaos. it wasnt a logical choice to put it into doom, atleast not to me, ToC was the more logical choice. for me the ranged "melee" attack hit for 8-12k(depending on buffs) with ToC hitting for about 35k(about 50k with dark soul and other buffs which ironically isnt that much more than shadow bolt for some reason), it seems to me that buffing ToC by the said 25% would yield the same benefit as the auto attack and it would actually feel like the ToC would hit harder than shadow bolt(more dps ofc due to it being instant)

They need to make doom undispellable then.. and this will fix the problem. or atleast give us a glyph that does so.