Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Ferals are one of the melee specs/class that have great mobility because certain other forms of control don't work (or are less effective) on them.

Warlocks and Priest are traditionally cloth tanks and both of them need fear to get a melee of them, spreading around immunities even more will make both of these classes really weak when fighting against a team with feral druids.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwing1232 View Post
    Now that classes that have fears don't even need to cast their spells anymore in that all fears are now instant, I think that it is only fair to give Ferals back its Fear immunity attached to Berserk. I don't believe that a 15 sec immunity on a 3min cd is too much to ask since Ferals are the ONLY melee class without some form of Fear mitigation. Warriors, Priests, Locks, and even Hunters (Im sure there are more) all have fears that work on druids.
    Oh but you seem to forget the polymorph, hex, and repentance immunity as well as being impervious to all snare/root effects. Seems to me you feel like ferals should be immune to all forms of CC.

This will never happen again. Sorry bud.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't be polymorphed so if you get a fear break it better come at a pretty big cost, like a HUGE damage reduction (and not just an annoyance in your rotation, I mean something like the paladins damage reduction while they have bubble)

Oh yea you can shift out of snares too... what are you complaining about?
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Ferals are one of the melee specs/class that have great mobility because certain other forms of control don't work (or are less effective) on them.

Warlocks and Priest are traditionally cloth tanks and both of them need fear to get a melee of them, spreading around immunities even more will make both of these classes really weak when fighting against a team with feral druids.
    Outside of LONG CD's, Warlocks are not very tanky this expansion. Anyone else getting tired of bad players asking for nerfs to other classes when they clearly just need to L2P?

I will burn your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by volper View Post
    Oh but you seem to forget the polymorph, hex, and repentance immunity as well as being impervious to all snare/root effects. Seems to me you feel like ferals should be immune to all forms of CC.

I agree. We don't need Fear immunity, (and personally, I am just glad to be able to shift out of roots again!) :P

15+ Year Old Account
    As a Feral Druid I personally don't think we need this Fear immunity, since we're pretty much one of the most mobile specs/classes in game right now. However, the fact that we get feared away further than anyone else due to our passive speed starts to get piss annoying with this fears-flying-everywhere-state that WoW is currently in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Berserk fear immunity was really idiotic back in wrath, being able to completely roflstomp Warlocks like Warriors do to all other classes right now. But I agree that we should have a fear BREAKER. Not immunity, but something that removes a fear effect from us on like a 1 min CD.

Warriors have Zerker rage WITH fear immunity, DKs have fear immunity (talented) and even a presence which reduces CC duration. Rogues have a decent amount of CC and CloS/vanish. Monks can silence, incepacitate and stun twice (so can ferals though).

OR

We could just remove the stupid idiotic Psyfiend. Warlock fear has been nerfed (talking bout Howl being a talent now) and only have Howl/Stun/Coil as instant CC as far as Im aware of, besides Succubus ofc.

Tbh, just remove Psyfiend.

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind fears so much if they didn't send you half way across the BG and weren't instant.

My idea: Glyph of Tigers Fury - Now breaks fear effects but increases the cooldown by 15 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    /facepalm

You realise druids can just shift out of roots right?
    of course i do but they have to spend a global shifting back and forth so if its spammable they have to keep shifting over n over at least annoy the hell out of them

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    I guess not everyone needs to have fear immunity. My monk dosent have one at least. If im correct rogues dosent have one either? Tho they are a little harder to fear.
    I think the problem atm is that it feels that fear breaks when you get to like 50%
    CloS, I guess, but if you need to use it to break a fear I think you have bigger problems.

Ferals can't be poly'd and can break out of both snares AND, as it turns out, roots again, you'd think ferals have enough?

In general I'd say the amount of CC flying around is retarded, but as a feral you're probably only noticing the fear portion of it!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwing1232 View Post
    Except there isnt a single stun in the game that lasts for 8 sec... and then 5sec... and then 3... Give me an 8sec stun and we'll call it even.

Also most stuns require a rampup (combo points/rage/runes) or some sort of special circumstance (stealth)
    There is actually. Combat Rogue's Kidney Shot lasts 8.4 seconds. What's more, while stuns only lasts 6 seconds not 8, fear breaks on damage and stuns do not - stuns are infinitely better than fear, if anything I want more than just stun/silence immunity if we're giving everyone fear immunity, I want knockback and kick immunity - that or I want the ability to knockback melee attacks and kick your weapons out of your hands for 4 seconds every 12. Sound ridiculous to you yet? That's what I hear when I see people complaining about lack of fear breaks/immunity in this game.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by volper View Post

Ferals were also immune to Mind Control and Disarm (they are however now affected by Dominate Mind, but that's a very different spell - stronger but has a 30 second cooldown.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    There is actually. Combat Rogue's Kidney Shot lasts 8.4 seconds. What's more, while stuns only lasts 6 seconds not 8, fear breaks on damage and stuns do not - stuns are infinitely better than fear, if anything I want more than just stun/silence immunity if we're giving everyone fear immunity, I want knockback and kick immunity - that or I want the ability to knockback melee attacks and kick your weapons out of your hands for 4 seconds every 12. Sound ridiculous to you yet? That's what I hear when I see people complaining about lack of fear breaks/immunity in this game.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 11:28 AM ----------

Ferals were also immune to Mind Control and Disarm (they are however now affected by Dominate Mind, but that's a very different spell - stronger but has a 30 second cooldown.
    Wrong, ferals have never been immune to disarm. People just misunderstand how weapons work for ferals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eremai View Post
    Wrong, ferals have never been immune to disarm. People just misunderstand how weapons work for ferals.
    Allow me to elaborate. You can target ferals and use disarming abilities without getting an "immune" message, your ability will go on cooldown - but the feral will neither lose access to their abilities or deal reduced damage while disarmed. So in so far as you can use a disarm on a feral, yes - do disarms have any impact on ferals - no.

absolutly agree, give back berserk fear immunity,
    coz the most of cc fear is fucking rediculious, pulling it out of fight zone far FAR away, which is stucking with speed bonus to make it faster to run away from caster
    fear mechanic should be redone to disorentirent effect.
    Plus sometimes diminishng returns on it not working properly, getting double 6 sec fears, which is not removed by any dmg, gg works like stun with longer duratation

Deleted
    Allow me to elaborate. You can target ferals and use disarming abilities without getting an "immune" message, your ability will go on cooldown - but the feral will neither lose access to their abilities or deal reduced damage while disarmed. So in so far as you can use a disarm on a feral, yes - do disarms have any impact on ferals - no.
    WRONG. Ferals don't lose their ability to attack with their abilities but they do far less damage.

Feral infinite root shift needs to be changed to a 10 second internal cooldown, maybe longer but people seem to misinterpret that because they are immune to polymorph/humanoid spells, that we are not vulnerable to something else like Hibernate or Scare Beast.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2012-11-03 at 03:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it works the same way it does for casters. If it gets taken away from them they can still attack you but they lose all the benefits from weapon, which is huge.

I would not mind supporting a fear break for ferals. I feel they kinda get the short-end of the stick from a moonkins perspective. We get the polymorph immunity, you also get it, but since you are beast you can get cced by hunters and other druid offsetting the polymorph immunity while we moonkins can't get cced by it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I think it works the same way it does for casters. If it gets taken away from them they can still attack you but they lose all the benefits from weapon, which is huge.

I would not mind supporting a fear break for ferals. I feel they kinda get the short-end of the stick from a moonkins perspective. We get the polymorph immunity, you also get it, but since you are beast you can get cced by hunters and other druid offsetting the polymorph immunity while we moonkins can't get cced by it.
    Simple fix, just let boomkins be banishable!
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    My idea: Glyph of Tigers Fury - Now breaks fear effects but increases the cooldown by 15 seconds.
    I wouldn't even get it.

Also, it already serves two purposes; regenerating energy and increasing damage. Having to choose for a third possible way of using a single spell gets kinda annoying.

Tbh, just make us run as fast as everyone else while being feared and it should be pretty much fine.

This is simply false. Disarming Feral Druids reduces their damage A LOT.

15+ Year Old Account
    I logged on to my druid to check - ferals do deal reduced damage while disarmed, they do however still have access to all their abilities - and their stats (apart from weapon damage) don't decrease - so all abilities that are unaffected by weapon damage (ie. Mangle, Shred, Ravage) still work as though the disarm never happened. So my guess is this happened when they shifted you over to weapon damage multipliers for your attacks - because up until then disarms were yet another cc you were immune to ;p

It's cool though, I'll be sure to start disarming ferals more often now! >

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Cloak provides an immunity to fear, and yes, they have a lot more utilities to stop casts.
    list of these "more" utilities plz
    (Cloak provides an immunity to fear if you predict fear)
    Last edited by mmoc5ef7cfa017; 2012-11-04 at 03:15 AM.