Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Well, I hope it comes back in a refined form.

Was looking forward to blowing up noobs with Supernova in random BGs too. >.<
    Wait, so you're saying that you lose to noobs in random BGs?? lol

I will burn your soul.

Cool Supernova

I'm also glad the Glyph of Supernova in its current form has been scrapped. It seemed worthless from a practical standpoint. However, I do hope they give consideration to making it a minor glyph for destruction warlocks as there are so few of those already. The idea of exploding upon death sounded like a fun concept.

Perhaps they can keep the spirit of the glyph and remove the damage done portion (obviously) for a minor glyph in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    this is actually bad for pvp demon, since doom ticks every 15sec and dispels are on 8 sec cd... so the chances you don't see your doom tick ever, is really big IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Well, it should make it more balanced, but the problem is that doom is easily dispelled.

Also, for Cataclysm, I would like to see the following: 1.5 sec cast time, interruptable, usable while CC, stuns for 4 seconds within 10 yards and knocks back.
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    Are you playing MoP or... I don't get it?

Dispel removes ALL magical debuffs from the target. Has an 8second cooldown.

You apply your 4 debuffs, they cast 1 dispel, all of your debuffs are now removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Dispells dispell all the effects now in one cast.
    Doom is a Curse

Shaman, Mage and a few other classes can dispell curses. And without touch of chaos melee and relying on that dot...good luck vs resto shamans.

Can anyone explain the Pandemic change to me? No longer smooths out the dmg when extended with different amount of sp.

What does that mean and what will it do now then?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Doom is a Curse
    Your point? You can dispel curses.http://www.wowhead.com/spell=475 and for a complete list of all Dispel effects http://www.wowpedia.org/Dispel

I suppose though you were just trolling and/or nitpicking because the poster is using Dispel instead of Remove curse?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DG01 View Post
    Shaman, Mage and a few other classes can dispell curses. And without touch of chaos melee and relying on that dot...good luck vs resto shamans.
    Yes, some classes can (I think you can add Druids to that list) but the point is, it's not all; it's not even most. Besides the fact, you probably wouldn't be going for a full burst in PvP without locking down the healer anyway, otherwise you're wasting your time and resources because they could equally just throw out Pain Suppresion, Hand of Protection, Ironbark, SLT, etc etc.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-11-03 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    Wait, so you're saying that you lose to noobs in random BGs?? lol
    Warriors and hunters take no skill to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yes, some classes can (I think you can add Druids to that list) but the point is, it's not all; it's not even most. Besides the fact, you probably wouldn't be going for a full burst in PvP without locking down the healer anyway, otherwise you're wasting your time and resources because they could equally just throw out Pain Suppresion, Hand of Protection, Ironbark, SLT, etc etc.
    Mages, Shamans, Druids (and Monks?). Last time I checked, those classes were popular in arena representation. I think it's still a pretty important issue, not that it should be "fixed", for now. Doom damage is insane to be honest.

Looking at Simcraft for bis gear, Doom makes up for 10k dps and melee makes up for 4k, so 25% more means we get 2.5k dps and lose 4k. Am I seeing this wrong or is it a nerf contrary to what most people think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ykza View Post
    Looking at Simcraft for bis gear, Doom makes up for 10k dps and melee makes up for 4k, so 25% more means we get 2.5k dps and lose 4k. Am I seeing this wrong or is it a nerf contrary to what most people think?
    It would not surprise me if that is true. I think this is compensated by the fact you can spread Doom to mulitple targets. It might be a single target DPS loss, but a multi target gain in that case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ykza View Post
    Doom is 100% uptime, meta melee is about 30%.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you guys actually think that the melee damage from meta was getting you a kill in PvP...well I don't really know what to tell you. In pvp gear, it is a 2k (3.4k with DS up) hit before resil, it pales in comparison to your high damage hits from chaos wave. In a 5s burst window, which is generally what you are looking at for a kill that is going to be under 20k overall damage to your target, when health pools are sitting near 400k it really just isn't a huge deal.

It might make you miss 1\100 kills, but I really don't think that you will miss it.

Melee is listed at 3.3% of our damage, doom is listed as 8.4%. So, we're looking at roughly 3.3% - 2.1% = roughly 1% dps loss.
    Personally I have been playing demo with a wand, so for me I'm just glad to see some of my dps come back. Although I am not happy that afflic is going to have an even higher gap.
    Last edited by Zinnin; 2012-11-03 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Can anyone explain the Pandemic change to me? No longer smooths out the dmg when extended with different amount of sp.

What does that mean and what will it do now then?
    Also interested in this.

Deleted
    It's a fix for a refresh bug that was brought up in the last days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    Also interested in this.
    There was some discussion about it here: http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t130019-...0/#post2214887

Basically corruption was using averages instead of the values relevant to when it was refreshed, meaning when going from no procs to proc'd casts of corruption you would see less damage than expected unless you waited until the very end of the original corruption.

The reverse should also be holding true at the moment going the other way - refreshing procced dots early without procs won't be bringing the damage down as much as expected.

Shouldn't have a major impact on play, but may improve burst slightly.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2012-11-03 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    If you guys actually think that the melee damage from meta was getting you a kill in PvP...well I don't really know what to tell you. In pvp gear, it is a 2k (3.4k with DS up) hit before resil, it pales in comparison to your high damage hits from chaos wave. In a 5s burst window, which is generally what you are looking at for a kill that is going to be under 20k overall damage to your target, when health pools are sitting near 400k it really just isn't a huge deal.

It might make you miss 1\100 kills, but I really don't think that you will miss it.

Melee is listed at 3.3% of our damage, doom is listed as 8.4%. So, we're looking at roughly 3.3% - 2.1% = roughly 1% dps loss.
    Personally I have been playing demo with a wand, so for me I'm just glad to see some of my dps come back. Although I am not happy that afflic is going to have an even higher gap.
    I can't find myself agreeing with this, pvp is based on both burst damage and sustained pressure. When we try to burst something down, those melee strikes can easily add up to 30k during that window, while Doom having a 25% more powerful tick very likely won't make up for that, as it'll tick perhaps once, if lucky. Meta burst is about adding -many- damage sources on one target, which creates a deviously powerful burst when you add wrathstorm, imp swarm during dark soul, corruption/doom/gul'dan dots, and of course touch of chaos spam to try and get that kill. The extra damage from the melee strikes was just another threat to add to the overall damage count, one we're losing due to Blizzard being unable to fix a bug, and band-aiding us by buffing a random skill?

As a side note, if something needed a boost to make up for the loss of the melee attack, it was certainly caster-form spells, and not the most hard-hitting dot we have.

Quote Originally Posted by DG01 View Post

As a side note, if something needed a boost to make up for the loss of the melee attack, it was certainly caster-form spells, and not the most hard-hitting dot we have.
    ^This for sure

I agree with the two above posts. While the loss of the auto attack and buff to doom are roughly an even trade for pve, it was a measurable loss to demo pvp- which isn't exactly popular in any sort of organized pvp.

I have to say I do find it incredibly odd that none of the compensation damage for the loss of meta auto attacks was placed into touch of chaos.

Maybe not all of it, but it seems odd putting all the replacement damage into doom for me.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2012-11-03 at 11:12 PM.