Pyroblast and Combustion question

Hi, im a little bit confused about the numbers i see on my target by Pyroblast and Ignite. Im mostly running with the spec with pom, so i can pop 4-6 pyros in a row if im lucky and also crit with some of the instant pyros. Now even when its great to have max. 6 pyros in a row im confused about how to use my combustion the best. I mean it can be that after 1 pyro you have a bigger ignite on the boss then after 4 when you are unlucky and crit only with the first and cant use the ignite within 4 sec? Is that right? Is the 4 pyro combination just a way to increase the guarantee that my ignite will be better?

And then, no matter how it ends, you just have to pop combustion because you wasted anyway all the cds in one macro.

Am i doing that somehow wrong?

Thx PPN

10+ Year Old Account
    I always get frustrated with combustion because of this. I tend to aim for 25k combusts, but sometimes I have an 18k one rolling, send out the extra Pyro which doesn't crit so it drops to 16k and then back to the normal 10k-12k until more pyros. Very frustrating gambling with while trying not to waste to much combustion downtime.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I always get frustrated with combustion because of this. I tend to aim for 25k combusts, but sometimes I have an 18k one rolling, send out the extra Pyro which doesn't crit so it drops to 16k and then back to the normal 10k-12k until more pyros. Very frustrating gambling with while trying not to waste to much combustion downtime.
    Hmm, maybe its just me but even 25k seems terribly low, like I'm usually sad if i get under 60k ignite on a banner pull..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Hmm, maybe its just me but even 25k seems terribly low, like I'm usually sad if i get under 60k ignite on a banner pull..
    I've never seen a 35k or higher on anything besides an Elegon attempt (and the highest I have gotten there was around 50k I believe). Even with 2 Pyro crits I get around 25k, so I have no idea how people are pulling these numbers unless I am just incredibly unlucky.

EDIT: Actually thinking over it, might just be due to add switching so if I get a higher ignite it falls off without my notice. Sounds reasonable.

EDIT 2: Spent couple minutes on the dummies self buffed with invocator's focusing on building ignite, still only getting ~25k-27k with CD's (POM, alter time, trinket).
    Last edited by LocNess; 2012-11-03 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I've never seen a 35k or higher on anything besides an Elegon attempt
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...912222038.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/252/wowscrnshot101912185626.jpg/

I recall ignite ticking at round 60-70k to achieve those combustions.

This is a couple of weeks old as well, ~8ilvls ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondey View Post
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...912222038.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/252/wowscrnshot101912185626.jpg/

I recall ignite ticking at round 60-70k to achieve those combustions.

This is a couple of weeks old as well, ~8ilvls ago.
    I know other Mage's can I just haven't been. Hmmm I might be clipping my ignite due to Pyro travel time and casting Combustion too quickly. More personal research to see why I am sucking

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignite can no longer stack infinetly like it used it, so Combustion damage will always be based on the damage you have dealt in the LAST 6 seconds. Should you manage to get 6 back-to-back Pyroblasts that crit with a 1 second GCD, thats the highest itll go, period.

Since combustion is only on a 45 second cooldown, if you manage to get about 4 back to back Pyroblasts, even if the last 2 dont crit (Hot Pyro-Hot Pyro-Hot Pyro-PoM Pyro), you should cast Combust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.