Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry This is such BS, Obama now giving free gas to people in NY!

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...buted-new-york

Im so sick and tired of watching the government spend my tax money or freeloaders like this. Lets just add this to the long list of stuff Obama likes to give away to try and buy votes from the people. Yes, I know its a disaster but if they are able to get gas there, then they need to put it in tanks and charge for it.

Personally I think they are over-exaggerating the devastation of this storm (other than the people who lost everything), but the other people who are only missing gas and electricity arent in that bad of a situation. Most Amish NEVER have gas or electric and live their whole lives just fine without it. I dont think having to wait 2 weeks is gonna kill these people.

There was over a week notice that this storm was going to slam this area and yet people still didnt prepare. They didnt buy water or non perishable food. They didnt buy generators, they didnt buy flashlights and batteries, they didnt make sure they washed their clothes prior to the storm, and they didnt buy portable non-electric heater such as a kerosene heater. Then the storm hits and they bitch and moan about not having anything, stores being sold out of everything and price gouging and now want it all free. I bet most of them didnt buy any kind of insurance on their homes either.

Im so sick of irresponsibility being rewarded all the time and having MY tax money spent on it.

All those hurricane victim freeloaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Wells beat me to it.

You're right, We should just tell them to move along and not expect the government to help them, We probably should have done the same thing with Katrina a few years back.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    -Some have no where else to go.
    -Some maybe did leave but have to return eventually, if nothing more to check the damage.
    -The gas is needed by those who are there providing aid as well.
    Gear Score is a good representation of skill, enchants, and gems...NOH! WAI-....

10+ Year Old Account
    Give me a fucking break. Like Obama personally is handing out free gas. Turn off Fox News, step out of your bomb shelter, and get some fresh air. It'll do you good.

this is why we cant have nice things.

chalk one up for Obama! it was needed theres no gas and relatives of mine up their got permission from the cops to siphon gas out of ppls gas tanks whos cars where flooded

10+ Year Old Account
    They ARE freeloaders, They had ample time to prepare and refused to

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 07:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoMedic View Post
    Give me a fucking break. Like Obama personally is handing out free gas. Turn off Fox News, step out of your bomb shelter, and get some fresh air. It'll do you good.
    Obama is in CHARGE of the Department of Defense. Therefor he IS responsible for it. Hell the top DOD employee is in his cabinet. How much closer can you get?

New law reads "Presidents now barred from authorizing disaster relief during their presidency for fear it will influence voting".

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I'm not sure about what part of "fuel shortage" you're confused on.

Quote Originally Posted by MoMedic View Post
    Fox news is so bad >.> They are like the Daily show w/Stewart, except they pretend it's not a comedy act

When I saw who the OP was I knew this was going to be hillariously divorced from reality but.... wow. New low.

And if he wasn't giving gas to those who need it you would be complaining that hes doing NOTHING to help. You just can't win with you people.

Obama is in CHARGE of the Department of Defense. Therefor he IS responsible for it. Hell the top DOD employee is in his cabinet. How much closer can you get?
    How about this? The <$1 of your tax bill that went to pay for this can now go to making bombs to kill others. Obama can take the extra <$1 from my tax bill.

10+ Year Old Account

We did prepare, doesn't change the fact that there isn't enough gas for all the people that need it, its to the point where most people take some sort of weapon to fill up generators due to looting, Take off the rose-tinted goggles, and put away your politics.

Isn't that what the government is suppose to do.... right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    We probably should have done the same thing with Katrina a few years back.
    well.... ugh.. nevermind.

Just watch the party flaming here guys. Have a civil discussion or it will be closed.

nice guy you are hope nobody ever needs help from you............... imagine if it was your family hit by the hurricane you would be singing a different tune

I'm not sure about what part of "fuel shortage" you're confused on.
    Apparently something about shut down refineries means there's a surplus of fuel! I mean, why else would they shut them down?