Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

About Vol'jin book spoilers

Hey everyone, ok most of the people who read Christie Golden's World of Warcraft latest novel Jaina Tides of war knows that in the near future she will release a new book about Vol'jin which really makes me very excited.

So the question is: who do you think one of the major character of Warcraft will die this time in Vol'jin book? for example, in the Shattering Cairne died, Twilight of the Aspects Krasus died, and finally in Tides of War Rhonin died.

So who do you think will die this time?

My guess it will be Sylvanas why? because to be honest it's pretty much she got what she wants finally when the Lich king got defeated at the end of Wotlk.

Of course it will be in an epic way.

Discuss please and thanks for reading.

Golden is not writing this one, can't remember the name, but he is new to the Warcraft universe.

In regards to who I think will die, it will more than likely be a character who is more prominent in the books than in game lore. Rhonin/Krasus were mostly only seen in books, so they were killed in books. I can't think of a character that fits this right now, possibly Broll/Sanguinar (female BE).

Deleted
    They don't 'have' to kill somebody off in every book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Golden may have killed off a few, but she's not writing this one. In the other novel in that period you describe, Wolfheart, noone dies. I think it could go either way, cause we have no info on the book yet, but I don't think there is any reason to kill people right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    Golden is not writing this one, can't remember the name, but he is new to the Warcraft universe.
    Michael A. Stackpole

He's written for the BattleTech Universe and Starwars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_A._Stackpole
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Michael A. Stackpole

He's written for the BattleTech Universe and Starwars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_A._Stackpole

Thank you! Was having a bad lapse in memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    They don't 'have' to kill somebody off in every book.
    and yet, it usually happens, more golden books then any other author, some extras too:

- Tides of Darkness - Durotan and Draka
    - Beyond the dark portal - Ner'zhul
    - Lord of the Clans - Taretha
    - The shattering - Cairne
    - Twilight of the aspects - Krasus
    - Tides of War - Rhonin and many other minor characters
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    My guess it will be Sylvanas why? because to be honest it's pretty much she got what she wants finally when the Lich king got defeated at the end of Wotlk.
    Blizz did say the Banshee Queen will have a role to play in Siege of Org, kinda hard for her to do that if she is dead.

And even though her original purpose for everything and anything was killing Arthas, she has found a new purpose securing Lorderon for the Forsaken
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas won't die, she's been slated that the next warchief will come down heavy on her after mists.

As for the novel, there doesn't have to be anyone who dies, having a character die every novel makes the whole purpose of a novel into a joke. It be a case of 'oh who are they going to kill of this time for a plothole?'
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Sylvanas won't die, she's been slated that the next warchief will come down heavy on her after mists.
    '
    Not really

That blue post merely said "Wonder if the the future Warchief will take a hard-line approach... hmm"
    It merely raised the question, it didnt answer it
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hey everyone, ok most of the people who read Christie Golden's World of Warcraft latest novel Jaina Tides of war knows that in the near future she will release a new book about Vol'jin which really makes me very excited.

So the question is: who do you think one of the major character of Warcraft will die this time in Vol'jin book? for example, in the Shattering Cairne died, Twilight of the Aspects Krasus died, and finally in Tides of War Rhonin died.

So who do you think will die this time?

Of course it will be in an epic way.

Discuss please and thanks for reading.
    I bought Tides of War thinking it would be a refreshing accompanyment to MOP. It was such a piece of crap that I'm searching for the receipt after this and taking it back.

If there's a followup book, I'm not going to care what diarreah the pages contain, and certainly won't buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Not really

That blue post merely said "Wonder if the the future Warchief will take a hard-line approach... hmm"
    It merely raised the question, it didnt answer it
    then why would they be dropping so a 'subtle' hint?
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    then why would they be dropping so a 'subtle' hint?
    who says its a hint?

It just said what will the next leader do considering the Forsaken.
    It didnt say the leader will or will not take a hard-line approach

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 02:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wxcopy View Post
    If there's a followup book, I'm not going to care what diarreah the pages contain, and certainly won't buy it.
    What was so bad about Tides of War?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    who says its a hint?

It just said what will the next leader do considering the Forsaken.
    It didnt say the leader will or will not take a hard-line approach
    Well... Blizz has a tendency of hinting things in that way, they don't like to spoil a story like that, but I'm thinking since Metzen said Mists was the calm before the storm, which may be weird to pull of with a siege on Orgrimmar, then Sylvanas may go to some extremes and maybe the new warchief will get pissed off and not let them do what they want because they're not warmongers like Garrosh.
    To be fair even with that hint, without confirmation on the next warchief we have no clue if the Forsaken will be be dealt with.

OT: No one has to die in every book, however I would say it depends when this novel is set and what the novel is about. To be honest just knowing its abotu Vol'Jin, I can't think of any solid idea on which character will die if they will.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akarui View Post
    but I'm thinking since Metzen said Mists was the calm before the stormll.
    I think he meant that 5.0 was the calm before the storm, not the entire expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure he meant the whole expansion. Like 99.9% sure.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Who dies? Let's take inventory of which Knaak-abominations are still 'alive' lorewise... then I vote we round 'em all up, wrap 'em in chains, and drop 'em into Molten Core.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Im just excited the guy's(vol'jin) is finally getting a book. He hasn't really been featured in too much, and Tides was the first time you actually him in a book at all, aside from being mentioned. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, Stackpole's never written for WoW before, so he has is work cut out for him. From the sounds of a Q&A at the NYC Comic Con, the book's already well underway, I just hope Stackpole does his research.

After everyone who died in Tides, I hope they take a break from killing lore characters for a little while. We already know Vol'jin's going to get beat up pretty badly, so that's more than enough for me. I'm more curious about these visions he's supposed to be getting bombarded with. Are they are to be visions from the Zandalari, from past memories, from crap the Mogu did? Who knows, huh?

And which temple/monostary is he going to be hiding out in? From the spoilers and stuff we already know from 5.1, he at least starts his healing process in Binan village. From there, at least on the Kun-Lai map, the closest temple is the Temple of the White Tiger. That would bring him close to the Mogushan Terrace, and also close to where we have the major run in with all the troll tribes down on the coast.

Also, am I the only one looking forward to seeing Li Li's reaction Vol'jin? Usually wherever Chen goes, Li Li ain't too far behind. I know as a 'Wanderer', Panderans are better about accepting other races and cultures, but Li Li's still young, and if you've run the Wandering Isle (if youhaven't or skipped the part where there's little lorewalker lesson, go back and do it, it's great for lore geeks) and/or have read enough the backstory on Panderans, you'll know that Panderan children are taught that trolls are basically the boogeyman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully Lucan Foxblood.

Deleted
    and yet, it usually happens, more golden books then any other author, some extras too:
    - Beyond the dark portal - Ner'zhul
    Did you know that there's also been these warcraft games that are somehow related to these books?