Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CDShaidar View Post
    Congratulations on the new position, any chance this new guy would like to introduce himself to us on these boards or are we going to be in the dark from here on out as we've feared?

your crazy, if you think he will come here. Xel, was the outlier regarding blizzards policy on not communicating with the community outside those PR blogs. We will be left in the dark, like the other 10 classes. Also didnt help that a retard from here made a giant post on the official forums about Xel, losing his job.

Cant wait to see how this plays out. Dev mage whos designed the broken state mages have been in, now gets thrown a bone with locks. Expect PVE nerfs for locks, to keep mages at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    Hey guys,

I won't be posting here anymore, but for those curious, I accepted a position at Riot Games and will be starting there today.

I spoke with a few friends at Blizzard and the guy taking over Warlocks is the same guy who brought a lot of love to Mages, Monks and Druids, plays more WoW than anyone else I know and I believe he'll take good care of you guys.

Thank you for being my crash course in community relationship building - for both good and bad - and I think you'll all love what Rob Pardo's been talking about on his Twitter feed.

Goodbye,
    Xelnath
    That's some great news Xel, looks like I need to dust off my LoL account again!
    Warlocks get buffed ONE TIME and suddenly developers are getting fired over it...

Deleted
    Gratz on the new job

On the plus side we are getting a dev working on druids mages and monks. We could potentially become fotm for the first time in a decade !

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    Gratz on the new job

On the plus side we are getting a dev working on druids mages and monks. We could potentially become fotm for the first time in a decade !
    While I'm slightly less worried than I was yesterday, it also means we could receive an entire overhaul again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    While I'm slightly less worried than I was yesterday, it also means we could receive an entire overhaul again.
    Look to when Mages last received any kind of overhaul and watch your worries melt away

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah good to hear you landed on your feet. Good luck in the future!

Your words about the new warlock dev are encouraging to hear. I hope he's as good as you say he is, but it still won't be the same as with you around talking about everything. I mean you would have commented on the Corruption refresh issue by now and given us a heads up about what's the problem. You'll be missed, Xelnath.

Thanks again for the communication with the community, and grats on your new job.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    grats on the new position my friend.

get them to go back and revisit/rework some of the older champions

I'm glad you got taht job Xelnath, really. But you could come here from time to time, to say hello and whatnot .

Best wishes dude! And thanks for everything.

Deleted
    thumbs up !

10+ Year Old Account
    It was very nice having you here! All the best

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    Gratz on the new job

Yup, we get the guy who plays tons of WoW and works on Mages, so no matter what, if we have a tool that'll pick them apart and beat them, chances are locks will be nerfed to the ground so mages can maintain dominance.

It would appear we already lost Cataclysm.

Deleted
    Mages had nothing to fear from Cataclysm.

Great, so once again, NO ONE at Blizzard has ever logged onto a warlock.

You should anonymously fill us in on some Blizzard dirt/secrets....

Doesn't suprise me, this is what it takes to make any kind of change for the better at blizzard. Someone has to be the scapegoat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    I accepted a position at Riot Games and will be starting there today.
    As a League of Legends player which has read many of your posts, this makes me incredibly happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    Yup, we get the guy who plays tons of WoW and works on Mages, so no matter what, if we have a tool that'll pick them apart and beat them, chances are locks will be nerfed to the ground so mages can maintain dominance.

It would appear we already lost Cataclysm.
    This is a GOOD thing, as Cataclysm was a garbage spell, (especially in its most recent iteration).

I will burn your soul.

Deleted
    if spells were finalized right when they appear on beta/ptr, being perfect and stay forever in their original state, then i'm queen margaret !
    considering the guy who created the spell never got the time to polish the spell and tune it..then..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    This is a GOOD thing, as Cataclysm was a garbage spell, (especially in its most recent iteration).
    While I don't particularly agree with it being garbage, I do agree it wasn't fixing (m)any problems. I do wonder what destruction compensation for the CB nerf is though.

Deleted
    imho no compensation, as it's not a "nerf" from blizz pov (just redispatching dmg)