Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    How they behave is quite meaningless. What sucks about them is that they often don't give credit for the achievement. Did all dailies with 1 of them 5 times already and he is still not checked...

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    My first ever daily with the Shado-Pan. I think I chose the female panda with the shield or something. Went to go kill the Yaungol and Mantid fighting.

That was my last daily with the Shado-Pan. It's still at 32/100. The amount I successfully managed to take down, before my companion took me down.
    Next time, read your quest text. You clearly didn't read the kill 100 quest text because your companion doesn't even interact with that quest.

That said, I don't have problems with the Shado-Pan quest companions. The mage one is a BEAST.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    Next time, read your quest text. You clearly didn't read the kill 100 quest text because your companion doesn't even interact with that quest.

That said, I don't have problems with the Shado-Pan quest companions. The mage one is a BEAST.
    Which mage one? There's a Frost and a Fire mage.

I've really only had problems with the Hunter (as a hunter myself my pet tanks everything) I am pretty annoyed at when they randomly mount on that huge ass fucking kite, when I'm still on foot. does it look like I'm ready to fly? gtfo your mount and let me collect that damn egg WAWERHSTJGDSFDRATET
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Which mage one? There's a Frost and a Fire mage.

I've really only had problems with the Hunter (as a hunter myself my pet tanks everything) I am pretty annoyed at when they randomly mount on that huge ass fucking kite, when I'm still on foot. does it look like I'm ready to fly? gtfo your mount and let me collect that damn egg WAWERHSTJGDSFDRATET
    I dunno, didn't really pay attention that much. Frost I think, but I'm not sure.

Some of them are actually quite useful (like Tenwu for example, does pretty good dmg).

I've yet to find any of them counterproductive or broken or annoying. I have found some to be a lot less useful than others though.

10+ Year Old Account
    The frost mage is the only companion I haven't developed a burning hatred for.
    She's clearly OP but still.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Yes, finally, a excuse to post this.
    Haha thats good stuff mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Honestly I just quest without them. Not enough of an achievement whore to bother with them.

What pisses me off tho is that one achieve to do your quests in that one hub without killing any extra mobs ... I've done that before and didn't get credit. Soooo pissed off when that happened.
    you have to be dismounted when returning Q, it is bugged

15+ Year Old Account
    The rogue one is quite good. 25% damage increase. What else could i need? Rest are kinda meh. Mages, especially fire specced ones are good for aoeing those little annoying sprites.

Deleted
    Yeah the Rogue is the only one I didn't find annoying. She actually helps a lot with her massive damage.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only one that really annoyed me was that Prot warrior wannabe, randomly charging everything that was within 50 yards. Other than him, no big issues, and +damage debuff was quite nice to kill elite mantids faster.

I love how those companions use their kites. I mean, it's very annoying when they mount on them EVERY. SINGLE. TIME when you are outside of the fights, just standing around. But sometimes they mount during fights, and in addition to doing 0 damage, they cover the whole screen with this freaking kite.

Ah, and Protector Ji, or what was his name. Just... Completly retarded. Completly.

Deleted
    I have bitten 4 computer mice in half out of fustration so far, that's all I'm saying. I'm never questing with those companions ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    I love how the hunter NPC is the complete opposite of hunters in live and does absolutely zero damage.
    He specced MM.

And I agree, I despise the companions for all the reasons noted by the OP.

Honestly this expansion I've really liked....but....the buggy achievements, cluster fuck CC town in PvP and imbalances, untested quests makes the whole xpac seem unpolished. I like it, but at the same time I don't.

Fuck Shado-pan dailies.

Deleted
    If it wasn't for the fact you have to turn the quests into them to get the last one, I'd leave them at home...but I'm sure an extra journey to/from that island wastes more time than the companions pulling everything in sight and losing quest items to other players cos they block the screen etc.

For the "getting around with shado-pan" achievement, you can cheat/cheese by just picking a companion and going afk for a bit. Depending on the amount of activity going on you will get your 15 after a while. It is bugged and you get credit when anyone turns in a quest near you, towards whichever companion you have.

There is a script macro on Wowhead comments section for this achievement that can show your progress for each one.

Often times when you select a companion you will keep the no companion debuff. You won't get credit if you have this. Go out and aggro anything, run away until the monster leashes and your NPC despawns. It will respawn next to you and the debuff will be gone.

Doing this I completed this achievement after only having had each set of companions once, rather than needing to do 120+ dailies or whatever it is.
    Last edited by whatthefudge; 2012-11-04 at 11:57 AM.

Deleted
    The warrior is probably the most annoying one of them all. The guy charges around from mob to mob, literally spent about 10minutes extra in combat because it wouldn't stop charging mobs. Only reason it wasn't longer is because the mobs finally killed him, lol

happy to be revered

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by splinternz View Post
    happy to be revered
    This!

Until I get full heroic geared I'm not going back to these daily quests.

Deleted
    Chaos the Voice.

Nuff said.