Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    thats a trick question because it isnt balanced
    I would have rated this post if I could.

Deleted
    Both the people crying about this and the people claiming that you should get hit if you let it get casted on you are moronic just because it's a second longer than most casts. Why are people claiming that 3 seconds is an eternity for a cast time?

In arena, getting hit by Chaos Bolt does deserve a big hit but in the realms of half your hp, that's just idiotic. 100k is fair but 150k plus is pushing it. Sometimes it's just unavoidable if you are out in the open thanks to positioning of your teammates or a blood fear. If you are being casted and it does get off, then use a defensive cooldown or something. I tend to use barkskin and/or survival instincts. On my shaman, I use a perfectly timed grounding totem. As a holy pala, you could devotion aura + divine protection.

Why are people getting hit for these stupid amounts anyway? Highest crit I've seen is 120k, full PvP with a few malevolent. If the bloke has berserking in BGs and just popped all his cooldowns then you should be keeping him on focus and running the hell away, stunning/interrupting as a melee or keeping at max range of him.

wtt 200k chaos bolt for any bm/warrior/mage burst.

l2p before posting things like this

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz should balance around BGs. Id be willing to bet that more people play random battlegrounds than 3v3 2k+ arena.
    But yeh anyway, burst is out of control, has been for a long time.

Destro doesnt even work that well for PvP, you get an ember maybe once every 15-20sec, and chaos bolt cast time is long enough for interrupt/stun/other cc, as a pally I would think the OP should have just used stun/repentance/blinding light or what ever it is called.
    Does the OP expect to be able to just heal through everything?

Tbh it could have done a lot more damage, I have done 495k chaos bolt on target dummy with just my own procs (quite a few, but still) and buffs, add 30% pvp power and berserking.
    Last edited by Musta Kyy; 2012-11-04 at 02:43 PM.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    Both the people crying about this and the people claiming that you should get hit if you let it get casted on you are moronic just because it's a second longer than most casts. Why are people claiming that 3 seconds is an eternity for a cast time?

In arena, getting hit by Chaos Bolt does deserve a big hit but in the realms of half your hp, that's just idiotic. 100k is fair but 150k plus is pushing it. Sometimes it's just unavoidable if you are out in the open thanks to positioning of your teammates or a blood fear. If you are being casted and it does get off, then use a defensive cooldown or something. I tend to use barkskin and/or survival instincts. On my shaman, I use a perfectly timed grounding totem. As a holy pala, you could devotion aura + divine protection.

Why are people getting hit for these stupid amounts anyway? Highest crit I've seen is 120k, full PvP with a few malevolent. If the bloke has berserking in BGs and just popped all his cooldowns then you should be keeping him on focus and running the hell away, stunning/interrupting as a melee or keeping at max range of him.
    Warlocks does not have any burst except for Chaos Bolt, if you take that away from a walock then we are not viable in Arenas (we still arent tho, since skilled arena teams knows how to silence/stun/LoS/interrupt).

Demonology doersnt have any Burst worth mentioning in a PvP enviroment, and Affliction relies on sustainable damage, which is good for PvE but has no place in PvP.
    People crying "CB QQQ Nerf!" are the kind of casuals that represents the majority of WoW in PvP nowadays, and to keep the majority happy, Blizzard will do something about it, since, in non-arenas, most players just faceroll and then cry cause they die, when they should have hit that silence/stun/interrupt and/or LoS'ed, i mean seriously, if you can show me a vid of a skilled arena team 3v3+ that has ANY problems vs. Chaos Bolt, then please post it.

Classes in PvP should be balanced around 3v3+ Arenas, and not around the lolfest Battlegrounds are where every bad sucker casual just steps in and when they die to something they cry "NERF NERF NERF"

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Blizz should balance around BGs. Id be willing to bet that more people play random battlegrounds than 3v3 2k+ arena.
    But yeh anyway, burst is out of control, has been for a long time.
    I hope u mean Rated BGs and not Randoms

If Chaos Bolt is so strong that it hits for 181k in a PvP Environment then why the hell not a Single of of the top ten 3v3 Arena Comps feature a Warlock

It has a 3s cast and so does aimed shot. Aimed shot hits for 60k while chaos bolt hits for 150k. Something is wrong here.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Mop=balanced
    Quote Originally Posted by lawlpoo View Post
    IF YOU CAN'T COMPETE IN ARENAS YOU AREN'T GOING TO BE ABLE TO COMPETE IN RATED BGS!! LEARN TO PLAY!!!

i critted someone who was holding an orb in the new BG for 320k with my chaos bolt so you didnt take a blow to where it can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneith View Post
    I've pretty much worked my butt off to get every piece of PvP gear available for honor minus my neck piece, and still using 4 of the crafted pieces (they're next for replacement). I have 58.39% resilience and 25.99% power. I'm a holy paladin.

This evening while PvPing, I was hit for a 181k crit chaos bolt [...Chaos Bolt hit You 125549 Shadow. (56448 Overkill) (Critical)]. How does this happen? Seems a little unfair to me and I'm sure its happened to others. I have a good screenshot of my character window and combat log together if anyone wants to see it. Was I unlucky? Has my gear grind been pointless? Or is there an exploit for chaos bolt?

It seems to be the same story every season, the melee can wail on me 'till the cows come home but casters tear you apart.

Anyhow, I want to keep this as whine free as possible. Any suggestions, helpful feedback and constructive opinions are welcome.
    Having arenad a lot in Cata all I can say is - lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    It has a 3s cast and so does aimed shot. Aimed shot hits for 60k while chaos bolt hits for 150k. Something is wrong here.
    spammable ability against 15sec cd~~ ability?

Quote Originally Posted by Magneith View Post
    Its all well and good to say it has cast time/can be interrupted etc, but I'm a holy paladin. I spend all my time looking at the alliance raid frames and my spells etc. I basically have to rely on others to interrupt it for me. I'm guessing they're stacking haste and crit to get them off hard and fast. I can accept that its controllable in an arena situation if you're smart enough, but in a battleground situation we just have to wear it it seems.

"OT: if you allow this lock to cast a 3 second chaos bolt on you, you deserve to get critted with a 181k bolt." Really? As I said, I'm a healer. On the off chance I had him targeted rather than a friendly target, and he was in range for rebuke, the chances of me alone stopping this are pretty slim.

Just want to make this clear as it is not specifically stated in my original post, this was in a random BG. My main point I'm trying to highlight, and others have bought it up as well, is the amount of damage through the amount of resilience.
    Not about warlocks in general, but if all you do is look at raidframes in pvp, you really need to change that. You're gimping yourself. Furthermore, stacking crit for CB is pointless, CB always crits anyway.

I agree CB is over the top in random bgs, cause realistically it's hard to interrupt every single lock there. Nonetheless, it's really not hard to walk along with that lock as holydin and rebuke it.

As a Warlock who is happy to be finally be viable in pvp I approve of these large numbers.
    Gnome Pride!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I lol at healers complaining. What? Something can kill you once in a blue moon because you're being bad and not instant healing double the amount of the chaos bolt? Honestly if you can't heal through even a double chaos bolt then YOU'RE the problem not destro locks.

Yes burst is an issue. It's likely chaos bolt will get hit by the nerf bat. But not because of healer complaints (because they're completely invalid).
    So, if i'm at 50% health in full pvp gear i deserve to be killed off instantly because i'm healing my partner? People are begging for Windwalker pvp set bonus nerf, but i'd say half the Chaos Bolt damage first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    So, if i'm at 50% health in full pvp gear i deserve to be killed off instantly because i'm healing my partner? People are begging for Windwalker pvp set bonus nerf, but i'd say half the Chaos Bolt damage first.
    It doesn't hit for 50% of your HP unless he is using his 3 min cooldown. Every healer can counter chaos bolt with abilities on less than 3 min cooldown. Pillar or outranging is always an opportunity as well.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2012-11-04 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMert View Post
    Honest question here dont bite my head off, what is pvp balanced around? arena or rated BG's?
    I honestly don't think anyone knows at this point. No part of the game is balanced anymore, It's not even close. Dps spread in bis gear has over a 30k dps. Bottom class dpses do 70-80k dps, Top DPSers are sitting at 100-110k. All Mage specs are between 105-110k dps. All hunters are between 80-85k. Not like they bring different boons are excel in different sections - mages are ALWAYS the better choice.

PVP is very similar. Right now everyone is based off of "can you survive the warriors 1 shot macro?". You can see the CLEAR split on the good vs bad classes. Warlock and rogue over 2200 have something in the area of 1-2% representation in 2k+ teams, whereas Warriors are sitting around 19%.

It's just outright not balanced. They say they balance around 3v3, but I think that's a joke. 2s are what it should be balanced around, imo - due to more duos being viable than trios.

OP, it's time for you to learn your class better. Your skill is just a bit lacking, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilie View Post
    As a Warlock who is happy to be finally be viable in pvp I approve of these large numbers.
    Warlocks have always been viable. They haven't had a truly bad season like Shammys or Mages have.(Who remembers mages being compared to warlocks pets in bc? lol - Fel hunter soloing glad level mages was hillarious, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    Honestly, no. Chaos bolt is fine. If you sit in the wide open, free casting - you should be punished for it. It's a 3 second cast that every single healer can counter with ease, that is HEAVILY telegraphed. Frost Bomb>Dfreeze+FFB/Frost bolt combo does more damage. Spriest DP does comparable damage, and that's instant. Just because this is in 1 attack, I really don't think that's a big deal.

I think damage(aside of warriors) is fine. I think CC Is a HUGE issue atm. There's too much of it, It's too powerful, and FAR FAR too passive. Fear has always been incredibly powerful - but now warlocks have an instant cast version, and Shadow priests have a ranged fear spamming pet. Ontop of being nearly unkillable.

Pvp is a mess, It's just awful right now. Even in 2s I'm CCed from start to finish usually. Fighting a team like WArlock Mage Rdruid is essentially a 2v3. (Fear>Sheep>sheep>Clone>Repeat. or, Clone healer, Sheep 1, Fear other.. Either you get a kill or a trinket or two.) Unpealable batshit insane warriors are stupid too. Mages can perma-lockdown a melee, too if they don't have dispels dedicated to them(root>root>dfreeze>sheep>sheep>repeat.)

IMHO They need to make all CCs that break on damage(roots, fear, sheep, disorients, gouge, etc) DR together, and all CCs that don't break on damage(stuns) DR together. Have 2 DR pools - that's it. Balance the game around that. It's much more fun to lose because you were beat - not because you were cced for 3 minutes. I don't think anyone enjoys walking into an arena to be CCed until match is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Lol @ setup time. 15sec to build up an ember isn't really a setup time lol. Spells in pvp should be capped at 50k per hit, would easily fix the burst.
    good idea make heals capped at 30k max thats a good idea to
    and all melee strikes should be 50k max as well
    Last edited by Lowdiskspace; 2012-11-05 at 10:34 AM. Reason: because