Deleted

Struggling with Arms DPS

Hello all, At the moment im really struggling to do a decent amount of dps on raid bosses with the arms spec and i was wondering if i was doing something wrong, if anyone could give some tips maybe with arms but also say if i should give fury a go instead, would be very much appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm usually Colossus Smash, Mortal Strike Dragon Roar(With CD's) if I have enough rage I slam and wait for Mortal Strike and rinse and repeat. I debate using two slams but I prefer not to. I prefer the Cata Warrior way then MoP IMO.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It would probably be helpful if you posted a link to your armory, and say what kind of rotation you are using.
    People can help more that way
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

Deleted
    Here is a link to my armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Menthu/simple

My rotation pop all CD's and charge in, use colossus smash, mortal strike and then Dragons Roar, and use CS and MS everytime they are up. I use CS, Overpower every proc and my rage dumper is slam and heroic strike when taste for blood ( i think thats what its called ) pops.

Deleted
    7 unenchanted items
    2 empty sockets in 1 item
    Missing Living Steel Belt Buckle ??? really bro

Try this as an opener BS-Charge-BR-Banner(avatar if u have it)-DR(BB if u have it)-rek then your normal priority list always use DR with BB( if u have it) try to use DR with BR never use DR in a CS burst its a waste of GCD never deley your MS even if u have alot of OP proc
    Use enchants on your gear
    Last edited by mmoca1f42e156e; 2012-11-03 at 11:36 PM.

100 ~ 20% Arms basic rotation looks like this
    MS > filler > filler > filler > MS repeat

Filler priority looks like this
    CS > OP > Slam
    Exception1
    when you already have CS debuff on target. Then OP >slam
    Exception2
    when you have 2 or more stacks of taste for blood OP > HS > Slam

20~0% Arms priority looks like this
    Execute in CS window > MS > CS > Execute

Opening CD stacking looks like this
    Charge + battleshout > MS > BB + deadly calm + other CDs such as engineer gloves and trinkets (these are not on the gcd) > DR > CS > reck + banner + berserker rage if no enrage proc (these are not on gcd) > OP > MS > OP > slam or tfb proc OP > Go to priority list mentioned above

Also try to fit HS within that first CS window with all your CDs stacked if rage allows
    Always MS on CD except for execute in CS window
    Last edited by Nekked; 2012-11-04 at 07:20 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I'm usually Colossus Smash, Mortal Strike Dragon Roar(With CD's) if I have enough rage I slam and wait for Mortal Strike and rinse and repeat. I debate using two slams but I prefer not to. I prefer the Cata Warrior way then MoP IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orders View Post
    Here is a link to my armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Menthu/simple

My rotation pop all CD's and charge in, use colossus smash, mortal strike and then Dragons Roar, and use CS and MS everytime they are up. I use CS, Overpower every proc and my rage dumper is slam and heroic strike when taste for blood ( i think thats what its called ) pops.
    Do not use Dragon Roar inside CS. Dragon roar ignores armor on its own so it does not benefit from CS. Better fit in some other ability instead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post
    100 ~ 20% Arms basic rotation looks like this
    MS > filler > filler > filler > MS repeat

Filler priority looks like this
    CS > OP > Slam
    Exception1
    when you already have CS debuff on target. Then OP >slam
    Exception2
    when you have 2 or more stacks of taste for blood OP > HS > Slam

20~0% Arms priority looks like this
    Execute in CS window > MS > CS > Execute

Opening CD stacking looks like this
    Charge + battleshout > MS > BB + deadly calm + other CDs such as engineer gloves and trinkets (these are not on the gcd) > DR > CS > reck + banner + berserker rage if no enrage proc (these are not on gcd) > OP > MS > OP > slam or tfb proc OP > Go to priority list mentioned above

Also try to fit HS within that first CS window with all your CDs stacked if rage allows
    Always MS on CD except for execute in CS window
    Use CS if debuff timer <1.5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some more basic tips:

* Make sure you're firing off abilities on the gcd, for example by mashing them rapidly or by other means. Loose rotations are a surprisingly common cause for lacking DPS performance.

* Plan out your fillers in advance. This means constantly playing ahead a few gcd's in your mind all the time, so you don't become reactive and end up missing gcd's because of reckless rage use etc.

* Also plan your moving and positioning, so you don't drop out of the boss's range during movement. This is the other thing required for max uptime and as such, max dps.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

one thing i'd advise is get a good feel for rage, track your enrages and know when you could/couldn't rage starve, use things such as deadly calm HS (with at least 1 stack) + BS to get some extra rage instead of a slam, use heroic throw or impending victory too, generally if you jsut follow the rule of never delaying MS, and using CS whenever its up without clipping you should be fine after that.

Every 30 seconds you have a berserker rage, use it on cd ideally that way every minute you will have Bloodbath + Enrage + Dragonroar + tinker/other trinks for some decent burst. Arms is all about cd stacking but its not as up and down as fury, it should feel more consistent and smoother if you manage your cds well, use extra attacks/spells to fill gcds when you do starve and maximise MS and CS uptime and tfb stacks intelligently. Also try using things such as glyphed thunderclap, its not great but in times where your MS > OP > SLAM > SLAM its easy to rage starve and a 20rage tc can be a good gcd filler.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pop CD's only when Csmash is up/applied (and immediately so). Pref with a bank of rage to spend within that CS. Respect use of HS where appropriate @ 2x stacks or higher, or with cd's engaged in a CS w/Deadly Calm and rage banked. Use Bloodbath every CD, pref also with a csmash ready to maximize bleed and/or trinkets used/procc'd.

Make sure you have skull banner ready for 2nd Recklessness, if available within a boss fight (3m cd vs 5m cd. Save 2nd skull banner for reck possibly, or save Reck for 3rd skull banner, depending on length of fight). Always try to have rage available to burn with Csmash duration for at least slam/slam, maybe an HS or 2, pref with at least 1 stack (depending on rage).

Edit: Berserker Rage every CD, unless mechanically needed in a fight, or already Enraged via MS/Csmash crit. Of course, also pref within a cmash, if cmash didn't crit. Use Heroic Leap only with csmash, pref with start of Bloodbath.

Edit2: Dragon Roar right after Bloodbath to start awesome bleed, pref with a trinket/trinket procc. Dragon Roar should always be up, and used right after start of Bloodbath (same GCD).

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 10:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tingol View Post
    Do not use Dragon Roar inside CS. Dragon roar ignores armor on its own so it does not benefit from CS. Better fit in some other ability instead
    Unless, there is no physical vulnerability on the boss for +4% damage buff to Dragon Roar. Obviously in a raid setting, it may be up, anyway.
    Last edited by Bethrezen; 2012-11-05 at 06:29 PM.

Deleted
    Im borrowing this thread for a question, even though its a bit old.

If i have alot of rage as arms, 70-80+, is it better to delay OP for slam? Considering it does more than double the damage

No, you're still banking on OP to have a relatively high crit rate 80%+ in most of the gear we have now. And to get TfB stacks rolling. Just use a HS if you're rage capping as it's basically more damage as a HS+OP than just a Slam.

Deleted
    Oh yeah, good point. thanks