3rd Party Program To Track Attendance And Information

Hi! I am an officer of a Role-Playing guild. We take things very seriously, and have a system in place to test new recruits for their attendance, behavior ect. The website we use isn't cutting it, it's often too flooded with miscellaneous information and really is hard to maintain and update.

I am looking for a 3rd party program that could be used to keep attendance and track information on members within the guild. I mean, it could honestly be mainly used for things outside of the game, just something organized and neat.

Does anyone know of such a thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    A spreadsheet! =D
    Yeah basically. Check randomly two times a day who is or isn't online. It will make for a fair test of who's logging on quickly but only a few times a day, if many times a week, and who's logging in for full days, a few times a week.

Basically:
    Name--A--B--C--D--E--F--G--H--I--J--K--L--M--N--O--P--Q--R--S--T--U--V--ect....
    Day
    1a
    1b
    2a
    2b
    3a
    3b
    4a
    4b
    5a
    5b
    6a
    6b
    7a
    7b
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    A spreadsheet! =D
    Google docs rocks socks.

Granted, I don't know what you're looking to track exactly, but I've used it before to track raid attendance/loot distribution (we used loot council) and it worked out great as all the officers had access to it. Super simple and straightforward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Google docs rocks socks.

Granted, I don't know what you're looking to track exactly, but I've used it before to track raid attendance/loot distribution (we used loot council) and it worked out great as all the officers had access to it. Super simple and straightforward.
    /shudder

Have I mentioned how I love the fact that in GW2 another player cannot determine what loot I recieve?

OP, kinda curious as to why you would want to do this......it's not like you can control what loot a person recieves or what part of the game they participate in.
    Valar morghulis

I don't think other players can determine the loot one receives in most MMO either. At least I can't think of any MMO out there that gives such power to players by default. Usually have to turn on master looter.

Also no roll loot was in Guild Wars 1 as well. Well established for the series.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-11-05 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post

Have I mentioned how I love the fact that in GW2 another player cannot determine what loot I recieve?
    Have I mentioned that there's clear and obvious ups and downs to both systems? For example I'm sitting on two tanking tier gloves from the Sha of anger. Had that dropped from normal BoA type boss it could have gone to other druids that in both cases I know could have used it. Instead I got an item that vendors for less than the random gold you get for killing the sha and can't pass it to someone else who might even use it as off spec.

Either way this seems to be more for tracking if people show up to RP events than who gets what loot, or at least i'm guessing it is.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don't think other players can determine the loot one receives in most MMO either. At least I can't think of any MMO out there that gives such power to players by default. Usually have to turn on master looter.

Also no roll loot was in Guild Wars 1 as well. Well established for the series.
    Maybe not by default, but ask any raider and they'll tell you it sure is by custom. Don't agree to master looter - don't raid with us!

I've seen guilds that DE gear before giving it to a initiate during their "trial period". Or priority lists that favor Guild Leaders and their officers and even their alts.

Fine, run without a guild and just pug - the group leader just turns on master looter during the boss fight and takes it all!

It is a player created system based on game design functionality. TY ANet for not having master looter in GW2 <3
    Last edited by Karizee; 2012-11-05 at 03:25 AM.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Maybe not by default, but ask any raider and they'll tell you it sure is by custom. Don't agree to master looter - don't raid with us!
    Well, I have been raiding consistently since Everquest 1. Not every guild uses that system. None of my current guilds use it actually.

Drop gear seems to have gone out of fashion in new MMOs to boot. It's all badge gear now a days. Which is guaranteed.

Systems such as loot council or DKP are player created.

I mean it wouldn't be sensible if applied to anything else player driven in games.

Edit: Pretty off topic though. Sorry, it just seemed interesting to me one would transpose player created systems to game systems. Esp. long established game systems viewed as novel. Apologies. Can't help myself on these subjects. Fascinating stuff.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-11-05 at 02:30 AM.

This thread is getting a bit off topic, let's steer back on course.