Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played the 10 day trial of MoP, couldn't get past 85 due to it being a trial, but so far I have no desire to buy the game. If I had to compare WoW to what it used to be... It's complete trash. Aside from the story, it's the same ol' crap. I heard people saying how the questing was amazing... not to mention that questing shouldn't be the flare of an expansion, but there's NOTHING different. Upon logging in, I had to get on the horde plane, go to pandaria, get shot down... and what's the first thing I have to do? "Go slay 15 alliance and ignite 10 supplies." If you're truly defending this game, you're biased and your opinion means nothing.

If anyone had to take anyone's opinion seriously, I believe mine would be fair... My opinion, PvP does suck... it shouldn't, especially since it's been part of the game since the very beginning... class balancing should be first priority, but it's not. The introduction storyline isn't very good... You don't get to know the characters well and if you really want to get engaged in the lore, you have to go outside the game and read the comics. Overall, I'm not pleased with this expansion, the state of PvP hasn't improved, blizzard still has no clue what to do at endgame rather than have the players do dailies/heroics/raids. MoP brought nothing of value to the game... Pretty much at this point, I don't see WoW recovering.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I think it's hilarious that Blizzard adds more content to MoP and people complain that there's too much content. Hysterically funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Linca View Post
    Anytime someone complains about long rep grinds, I figure they must have ignored or forgotten about Netherwing Ledge. I remember doing Netherwing for a good 30 days to hit exalted or the like (Albeit, with the extra eggs). These rep grinds are mostly a joke compared to that. I'm not saying that it makes rep grinding 'okay because of how it was in BC' but... getting multiple things to Revered within a week or so isn't really all that bad these days.
    Those were optional. All dailies in the past have been optional. The dailies this xpac are REQUIRED to spend Valour. They give a billion ways to obtain valour, seemingly understanding that everyone likes to do things differently. Then they say "If you wanna spend it, you better daily"

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I played the 10 day trial of MoP, couldn't get past 85 due to it being a trial, but so far I have no desire to buy the game. If I had to compare WoW to what it used to be... It's complete trash. Aside from the story, it's the same ol' crap. I heard people saying how the questing was amazing... not to mention that questing shouldn't be the flare of an expansion, but there's NOTHING different. Upon logging in, I had to get on the horde plane, go to pandaria, get shot down... and what's the first thing I have to do? "Go slay 15 alliance and ignite 10 supplies." If you're truly defending this game, you're biased and your opinion means nothing.
    Errr... what? I love quests like that. I always have. I absolutely love RPG quests. I love that sense of fulfillment you get when you finish them. I love getting small rewards for them. When I stepped off the zeppelin, landing in Pandaria, I felt pure and unadulterated joy. I hadn't played WoW in 9 months. During those 9 months, I played Star Wars: The Old Republic and Guild Wars 2 for short periods of time. All they did was make me want to play WoW again. Call me biased, that's meaningless. I love this game. I find it impossible to get bored of it forever. It's the most fun game I've ever played and my favorite game of all time. I don't give a rat's ass if you think I'm "biased." Such a nonsense term. There's nothing objective about opinions. Biased... absolute nonsense. That means NOTHING.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    Those were optional. All dailies in the past have been optional. The dailies this xpac are REQUIRED to spend Valour.
    And you are required to "spend Valour" why? And if you really feel you MUST spend it, next patch you can do so on upgrading gear you get from heroics, pvp and raiding.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    On my server they merged the 3 biggest EU servers (frostmane, outland, kazzak), so yeh, bored people 1shotting alts everywhere
    Thank god i quitted. I totally agree with the fact this is the worst Xpac ever. Cata was the tip of shitmountain, Pandaria is barely the neck.. more to come im sure.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    The simple FACT is that you can easily clear MSV in 5 man gear and you can easily clear Heart of Fear in MSV + 5 man gear. They aren't mandatory, they are completely optional. ...
    Not trying to defend his post, but I will say this. They are mandatory if you want to get into HoF as soon as possible. If you are content on leaving it up to RNG then yeah you will probably get in eventually.(but RNG is RNG and it possible to never get a single drop from MSV just extremely unlikely) My main has enough to get into LFR HoF this week, but that is with 2 valor pieces, and 2 holiday loot pieces. Definitely not mandatory, but not doing them is extremely sub-optimal. However, you can do a minimum amount of dailies each day and get revered with Golden Lotus fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    Those were optional. All dailies in the past have been optional. The dailies this xpac are REQUIRED to spend Valour. They give a billion ways to obtain valour, seemingly understanding that everyone likes to do things differently. Then they say "If you wanna spend it, you better daily"
    Before, valor gear was mandatory. You had to get certain tier pieces with valor.

Now, however, valor gear is completely optional. You don't need it for anything.

So, your comparison is flawed from the outset. You are not required to get valor points. Why do you think they so heavily reduced the amount of valor you get from raid bosses now? Valor gear is intended for casual players now, not for raiders.

Deleted
    I think it's hilarious that Blizzard adds more content to MoP and people complain that there's too much content. Hysterically funny.
    Not rlly too much content. Just too much the same shit.
    Assuming you plan on catching up immediatly: You need to do around 55-70 dailies. After that, you need to catch fishies for paggle, and maybe run a hc or 2 or do dungeons. But its all the same. Same grind, different day.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Not trying to defend his post, but I will say this. They are mandatory if you want to get into HoF as soon as possible. If you are content on leaving it up to RNG then yeah you will probably get in eventually.(but RNG is RNG and it possible to never get a single drop from MSV just extremely unlikely) My main has enough to get into LFR HoF this week, but that is with 2 valor pieces, and 2 holiday loot pieces. Definitely not mandatory, but not doing them is extremely sub-optimal. However, you can do a minimum amount of dailies each day and get revered with Golden Lotus fairly quickly.
    Not true. At all. They are not mandatory for anything. You should already be geared enough for HoF.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 02:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Not rlly too much content. Just too much the same shit.
    Assuming you plan on catching up immediatly: You need to do around 55-70 dailies. After that, you need to catch fishies for paggle, and maybe run a hc or 2 or do dungeons. But its all the same. Same grind, different day.
    That's a terrible assumption to make.

Deleted
    I would never agree with this. Cata had very little non-dungeon / raid content. MoP does. Cata had ridiculously overtuned 5 mans which caused nothing but grief and made tons of people quit the game. MoP has very fun and well tuned 5 mans with the option for a more challenging experience. Etc.

MoP's start is the best WoW has ever been, hands down.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 02:07 AM ----------

Who cares how people "feel?" That means nothing. The simple FACT is that you can easily clear MSV in 5 man gear and you can easily clear Heart of Fear in MSV + 5 man gear. They aren't mandatory, they are completely optional. This isn't an opinion. If you "feel" differently, then you should spend some time in introspection because your "feelings" are leading you astray. Absolute nonsense, you really didn't think that through at all, did you?
    Well, Cata didnt have overtuned 5 man dungeon, you just needed to use your CC. Imo 5 mans in MoP were nice but it was like WotLK, just boring9too easy except from some encounters).... MoP's start is still the best, but i would like to see a bit harder 5 man heroics, those made me sleep while i was healing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Errr... what? I love quests like that. I always have. I absolutely love RPG quests. I love that sense of fulfillment you get when you finish them. I love getting small rewards for them. When I stepped off the zeppelin, landing in Pandaria, I felt pure and unadulterated joy. I hadn't played WoW in 9 months. During those 9 months, I played Star Wars: The Old Republic and Guild Wars 2 for short periods of time. All they did was make me want to play WoW again. Call me biased, that's meaningless. I love this game. I find it impossible to get bored of it forever. It's the most fun game I've ever played and my favorite game of all time. I don't give a rat's ass if you think I'm "biased." Such a nonsense term. There's nothing objective about opinions. Biased... absolute nonsense. That means NOTHING.
    You can say you love WoW as much as you want... but if you played from the very beginning, you'd get a headache if you played MoP... NOTHING... IS... NEW. Same ol' stupid quests, go gather that, go kill that, go talk to that person... There's no damn indication that blizzard is trying to change things up. You want to know why it's like that? It's because blizzard is playing the safe card... Cataclysm scared blizzard shitless... they thought that maybe... just maybe, that their baby would die. So now they're sticking to what they know works, but what they fail to realize is that players like myself have seen this same ol' thing for the past 8 years... why on hell would i want to see the same stuff again? Change things up, make me feel like a new player again.

In the end of the day, you're just another WoW players who Blizzard brainwashed into thinking that stupid quests that you've been doing since level 1 are "fun"...
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Not true. At all. They are not mandatory for anything. You should already be geared enough for HoF.
    I only said mandatory if you want to get in as soon as possible.
    HoF requirement is 470. You cannot get in with dungeon gear. I have had probably average luck with MSV drops, got both holiday pieces I could use, and 2 valor pieces, my most recent valor purchase got my iLevel just to exactly 470.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    You can say you love WoW as much as you want... but if you played from the very beginning, you'd get a headache if you played MoP... NOTHING... IS... NEW. Same ol' stupid quests, go gather that, go kill that, go talk to that person... There's no damn indication that blizzard is trying to change things up. You want to know why it's like that? It's because blizzard is playing the safe card... Cataclysm scared blizzard shitless... they thought that maybe... just maybe, that their baby would die. So now they're sticking to what they know works, but what they fail to realize is that players like myself have seen this same ol' thing for the past 8 years... why on hell would i want to see the same stuff again? Change things up, make me feel like a new player again.

In the end of the day, you're just another WoW players who Blizzard brainwashed into thinking that stupid quests that you've been doing since level 1 are "fun"...
    No, I would never get a headache. I've been playing RPGs with kill quests like that since I was a kid. I will never get tired of it. Never. I wanted MoP to be "safe." When I resubbed and purchased MoP, I was thinking to myself "please don't be too different, I'm tired of different, I just want more of my favorite game."

I thought that quests like that were fun LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG before I ever played WoW. Long before MMOs even existed.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 02:27 AM ----------

I only said mandatory if you want to get in as soon as possible.
    HoF requirement is 470. You cannot get in with dungeon gear. I have had probably average luck with MSV drops, got both holiday pieces I could use, and 2 valor pieces, my most recent valor purchase got my iLevel just to exactly 470.
    Wait... what do you mean by "HoF requirement is 470?" No, there's no ilevel requirement for that raid. Just form your group and go into it. You might not down any bosses if the group isn't good enough, but you won't be turned away from the entrance because of your ilevel. A raid leader might not invite you because of a lower ilevel but that's not Blizzard's fault and you can just form your own group instead.

these thread are funny they normally go like this:

"I hate MoP because of the dailies"
    "Well that's your opinion, the dailies are fine"
    "Well that's YOUR opinion, they are not!"
    "WELL THAT'S YOUR OPINION!, THEY ARE FINE!"

Can people not just all agree that unless its backed up with some link to research/facts/official press releases, etc then of course its just someone's opinion do we always have to state the obvious.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Kornstyle View Post
    Well, Cata didnt have overtuned 5 man dungeon, you just needed to use your CC. Imo 5 mans in MoP were nice but it was like WotLK, just boring9too easy except from some encounters).... MoP's start is still the best, but i would like to see a bit harder 5 man heroics, those made me sleep while i was healing...
    I never used CC in Cata dungeons, no idea what you are talking about. By overtuned I mean that that the boss fights had far too little room for error, causing wipe after wipe in dungeons like Grim Batol. That's not a good experience for a random group trying to get starter gear. That kind of difficulty should be completely optional. The current standard of easy gearing dungeons and super hard optional dungeons is amazing and the best 5 man situation in WoW history. If you want more challenging 5 mans, just run challenge modes. They aren't cakewalks by any means. And don't give me that nonsense people keep saying like "those dungeons aren't designed for players like me." That's absolute nonsense. Either you want a challenging 5 man or you don't.

Cata: nothing to do. WORST EXPAC EVER!
    mop: plenty of things to do. WORST EXPAC EVER!

this is why i hate the WoW community.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the part where facts were used and opinion in no way made this first post completely pointless to read.

Y'know dude, I could give a list. A nice long list with detailed descriptions and pro's and con's of things I think are wrong with MoP, 10x more thought out and interesting than the generic grade-A tosh you're spewing, check them against the problems that would arise if they were removed or changed, and then actually ask the community about their take on such ideas and just MAYBE I might get less bile than you're being thrown.

But no, you took 1 minute tops to write that in a huff and have gained 0 points or worth. Your brainless ramblings are opinion, not fact. Get off the soapbox and go home.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not trying to defend his post, but I will say this. They are mandatory if you want to get into HoF as soon as possible. .
    If you want to get into HoF "ASAP" then you should have been raiding MSV already and clearing it. So you've had the better part of two months to 1) heroic, 2) LFR, 3) Normal MSV. Sure, RNG might have screwed someone here and there but overall most people who do than and nothing more will be in fine shape to take on HoF.

People want gear because getting gear is easier than improving your play and the hard, cold fact is that for almost all of us who aren't in a top 100 guild you'll get more benefit from improving your play or how your raid works together.

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 06:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Yet CRZ affects heavily on PvE-servers too, when there's completely random players from other servers ninjaing your profession nodes and quest mobs = Significant impact on gameplay.
    "Your" nodes and mobs? What, they have your name on them? Here's a clue... this isn't a single player game. Competition for nodes is a return to hwat WoW was like in earlier days. We can debate whether mob tagging should be around for quest completion (I'd vote that it shouldn't and you should get quest items if you do damage to a mob regardless of tag), but this idea that many of you have that WoW should be centered around you and your needs really should go away.

All you have to do is search the OP's post history to see where he's coming from:

"Casuals/bads ruin another game..... thnx blizz.... and thnx noobs "

"Thnx god for gw2 is all I can say..... and shame on blizz.... and shame on bads/noobs/casuals..... you are crybabies that just give up...."