WoL and Skada healing difference

How come my healing done log on WoL is ALWAYS 7-10k+ lower HPS than my (and others) Skada,
    while other healers either climb on HPS or drop 1-5k?

Which is more accurate? Is it like this for all shamans or am I special?

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by andrelunde View Post
    How come my healing done log on WoL is ALWAYS 7-10k+ lower HPS than my (and others) Skada,
    while other healers either climb on HPS or drop 1-5k?

Which is more accurate? Is it like this for all shamans or am I special?
    Unless I'm mistaken it has something to do with Recount/Skada not interacting properly with Spirit Link Totem. Apparently they count the "hp-balancing" as healing when its not actual healing. WoL actually "analyzes" it correctly.

I could be wrong, though.

EDIT: And yeah, as stated below, WoL is just more accurate overall.

Deleted
    WoL is more accurate since it takes informations from the combat-log of the one who upload the datas.

Fights like Gara'jal can mess numbers a bit if you are going in the spirit world and you are not the one that's recording data.

Skada takes into account Spirit Link Totem, which WoL does not (and I suppose you could argue either way for or against its inclusion, as it is a redistribution tool, not a traditional healing-throughput tool).

Additionally, if the fight in question includes phasing/different realms (such as Gara'jal) then whoever is running the combat log will not track your healing for the period of time that you are in a different realm to them.

Deleted
    pretty much what nisala and finn said, this is the same issue which skada had at the start of cata for fire elemental ... only you could see the fire ele dmg added to you, all the others saw it as fire ele only without adding its dmg to you. with SLT it is pretty much the same. Because it redistributes the hp you see yourself "healing" other people and skada does involve this in total healing done, however it is not shown in the logs

wol is always somewhat lower, but its more than slt itself. Also, other healers tend to climb in wol compared to skada / recount, there are some differences. I would trust wol more in general, but for spiritshell and slt it seems off, and perhaps some other abilitys too.