Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Weider View Post
    My bad didn't know that.

And yeah you're completely right about the last part I didn't take into consideration, but in any way my point is still correct right?
    Oh you're point was right, I was just saying you had errors in your reasoning. I had to explain it to my guild too, lol. As long as you aren't wasting leg respawns and are taking him down to 0 legs at or before his enrage, it is a raid dps loss for your dps to at any point in the fight kill all the legs and force people with cleaves to single target the boss (because as you were saying, there is a finite amount of damage you can do to the legs with the 200% buff throughout the fight).

For the OP, if you have cleavers you should do that. You usually shouldn't bother killing legs if they can't be in the circle because generally it has to do with the specific leg (outer front specifically) and if you kill it then you risk the new leg respawning there. Leave that one up unless there is a chance to dps it from inside the circle. It certainly isn't a raid dps gain to trade 100% to a leg for 100% to the boss.

If you have no cleavers, the only way I can see you making up 25% of the boss's health is by using dps/healers to soak the cleave and running without tanks.

We killed Garalon pre-nerf on Tuesday. Have your strong single target sustained dpsers on the body and have your bursty cleavers on the legs. All we had on legs was a combat rogue and switched when he needed to catch up.

Fun little video of our kill showing how tight the enrage was pre-nerf. Thank god for purgatory!

I really can't stress enough - if you have a rogue he should ALWAYS have a leg available to blade flurry off of. Other dps should only attack the legs if you are at risk of having two alive at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Karashote View Post
    Fun little video of our kill showing how tight the enrage was pre-nerf. Thank god for purgatory!
    55 seconds left on pre-nerf enrage (5:05 kill) with avg ilvl around 480-485. There are so many ways to optimize your strategy.

Last edited by PalawinFC; 2012-11-05 at 07:09 AM.

That video is obviously photoshopped

Deleted
    here's a few tips, tough we had 3sec left on the enrage as well.

- setup: tanks: paladin, druid. healers: paladin, priest, shaman. damage: rogue, mage, priest, hunter, hunter.
    - don't.ever.stand.in.purple.thingy.
    - group stood at his left side (he was kited anti clockwise), but only killed the left front leg.
    - mage (spreads) and rogue took care of hind legs.
    - right front leg was killed by tanks and occasional executes/multi dots of group.
    - kiting was done by two tanks and two healers.
    - don't pass on buff too quickly, you'll want as few stomps as possible.
    - warn people before stomps, so they don't blow CDs just to get stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    55 seconds left on pre-nerf enrage (5:05 kill) with avg ilvl around 480-485. There are so many ways to optimize your strategy.
    Yeah you guys used 2 healers 0 tanks. We used 3 healers 2 tanks. Definitely many strategies that work, even more-so with the nerf.

Deleted
    To summarise the posts above, don't feel you have to have tanks soak and that healers can't kite.

Personally we have our Holy Paladin soaking along with a Prot Warrior and have our Resto Druid in the kiting rotation.

Enrage becomes a non-issue then, pre-nerf or not

10+ Year Old Account
    Strange. Never thought the enrage would be what peeps would be wiping to.

Our first kill (2tank2heal) was on a non-optimal try, 15 seconds short of the old enrage and 1min 15sec short of the new one. Can't imagine how one would get to the new enrage in one piece.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

10+ Year Old Account
    We ended up using 1 tank, 1 melee dps as second tank (our paladin was extremely hard to heal when we tried to have him go dps as well, so we ended up leaving him as a real tank).

3 healers.

The two 'tanks' took pheromones and two of the healers (the druid and me). We stacked till about 20. Our dps could merrily dps away.