10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Is the northeast coast even voting by Tuesday?
    I've heard that voting could be delayed by as long as 10 days, so we could be waiting for the results for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Is the northeast coast even voting by Tuesday?
    Yes. Congress would have to agree to change the date of the vote and good luck there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I've heard that voting could be delayed by as long as 10 days, so we could be waiting for the results for a while.
    Technically yes, but its not like these are battleground states by and large.

Do you have a source for this?

10+ Year Old Account
    None at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    My feeling is that whichever side loses they will take it to court for years claiming this and that about it being unfair due to the hurricane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, Sandy will probably be a big talking point for a while.

I don't know why? Really none of the places hit are 'battleground' states, except for NC and Virginia, and those aren't really the places having problems. Unless the GOP somehow carries the northeast, it is really a non-issue for the federal elections. It probably will be an issue for their local elections if they do them on the same day as the federal ones.

It seems that Obama has enough EC votes to win without Ohio or Florida at the moment. Of course he also seems to be winning Ohio pretty steadily and Florida early voting is not looking good for the GOP.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    One day left and the nightmare that is pre-election debating can come to a close... So we can then welcome in the nightmare of post-election QQing!

Though more on topic I guess, an Obama victory is looking very likely by this point (If it hadn't already), but stranger things have happened, so I'm not letting my guard down entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, Sandy will probably be a big talking point for a while.
    If Obama wins, Chris Christie is going to be taking a lot of heat. I mean he's already being ridiculed by many conservative pundits for saying Obama was doing a great thing for New Jersey. I actually gained a lot of respect for him. I'm not completely clear on some of his policies, but hes definitely someone I could see myself voting for in 2016.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    If Obama wins, Chris Christie is going to be taking a lot of heat. I mean he's already being ridiculed by many conservative pundits for saying Obama was doing a great thing for New Jersey. I actually gained a lot of respect for him. I'm not completely clear on some of his policies, but hes definitely someone I could see myself voting for in 2016.
    I agree. While I don't like some of Christie's ideas and policies, it is very refreshing to see the opposing party actually work and praise the other one. I wish that it was a disease and a lot of our politicians were infected by this.

Deleted
    I love how you're all praising Christie. If the situation had been reversed, that is, some significant democrat praising Mitt Romney, you would've all called the person a traitor or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I love how you're all praising Christie. If the situation had been reversed, that is, some significant democrat praising Mitt Romney, you would've all called the person a traitor or similar.
    No. Democrats are not Republicans. Democrats are not expected to march in lock-step, nor do they call RINO when someone like Christie or Powell support a candidate across the 'divide'. But no, please, continue to throw stones instead of trying to build any kind of bi-partisan cooperation that has been missing the past couple of congresses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    No. Democrats are not Republicans. Democrats are not expected to march in lock-step, nor do they call RINO when someone like Christie or Powell support a candidate across the 'divide'. But no, please, continue to throw stones instead of trying to build any kind of bi-partisan cooperation that has been missing the past couple of congresses.
    So if Hillary Clinton now came out and praised Mitt Romney for something he said, you would be all "oohh how refreshing"?

So if Hillary Clinton now came out and praised something Mitt Romney said, you would be all "oohh how refreshing"?
    No. If Hillary Clinton came out and praised something Mitt Romney DID, because it was his job, and he did it well, I would be happy with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    No. If Hillary Clinton came out and praised something Mitt Romney DID, because it was his job, and he did it well, I would be happy with that.
    I'm sure you would, I'm sure you would.

I'm sure you would, I'm sure you would.
    I find it sad that you can't differentiate your opinion of a person or an action from an overarching party they belong to.

Jersey is issuing provisional ballots to displaced citizens so that they can vote at any location, so that's probably supposed to remove the need for a delay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the way Christie reacted to Steve Doocy after being asked if Mitt Romney is going to be surveying the damage with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure there would be some people that would do this, but to paint us all with the same brush is annoying.

I find it incredibly refreshing to hear candidates of both sides compliment eachother when warranted. And it turns me off when one side cures cancer, and the other side blames them for creating a problem of overpopulation.

So basically, no, you're wrong.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.