Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    unkillable but they cant kill you either.
    "We are not in Azeroth anymore"
    *1 months later*
    "We are back in Azeroth"

Deleted
    I played lots of WSG/TP with 4+ healers.
    Teams with too much heal lack pressure, so your DPS can go wild. Burst atm is so brutal, I can't think of any class that would survive full flag debuff against 5+ DDs using burst CDs (equal gear). 5 healers spamming greater heals couldn't counter that. So yeah, L2P

To tell the truth, I have more problems winning flag BGs when there are 4+ healers on my team. You can't heal the enemy's carrier to death. (Note: 4+ heal is too strong in Gilneas or Arathi)

"Healers" don't ruin random BGs, it's the lack of balance on multiple factors.
    - people AFK or even botting
    - premade groups or small teams cooperating via voicechat
    - gear(!) players with green pve gear can't do anything at all against full arena geared players, yet they meet in the same BGs
    - difference in skill. People playing the same class for years compete against joe random's first PvP experience as a rogue
    - difference in knowledge. Joe random won't be helpful on his first visit in WSG
    - different goals. You play to win, joe random goes for kills, jane random for achievements
    - stacked "OP" classes
    - too much or too few healers
    - lag
    - human error (oops, wrong specc)

On the large scale, all that evens out. On small scale, you can loose 10 BGs straight and tend to blame this on "healers" because you couldn't kill someone.

Balancing random BGs to 2-3 heals + 7-8 DDs is a start, but it won't fix the problem. You'll still loose against better gear, better teamplay etc.

Deleted
    Healers are killing 2s and random BGs. If you don't have a healer on your team, your chances of winning just went down a lot (this is true by design seeing as 1 healer > 1 dps). It is fustrating, and random. Mana should matter far more if you aren't a disc priest, and the healing debuff should hopefully be changed from 15% to 30% at some point after 5.1.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    yeah - that worked in Cataclysm but isn't sufficient in MoP if you have multiple healers on a FC (and cleansing each other)
    It still works fine there just aren't a lot of rogues playing atm, smokebomb was clutch for this

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 01:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by imYemeth View Post
    I played lots of WSG/TP with 4+ healers.
    Teams with too much heal lack pressure, so your DPS can go wild. Burst atm is so brutal, I can't think of any class that would survive full flag debuff against 5+ DDs using burst CDs (equal gear). 5 healers spamming greater heals couldn't counter that. So yeah, L2P

To tell the truth, I have more problems winning flag BGs when there are 4+ healers on my team. You can't heal the enemy's carrier to death. (Note: 4+ heal is too strong in Gilneas or Arathi)

"Healers" don't ruin random BGs, it's the lack of balance on multiple factors.
    - people AFK or even botting
    - premade groups or small teams cooperating via voicechat
    - gear(!) players with green pve gear can't do anything at all against full arena geared players, yet they meet in the same BGs
    - difference in skill. People playing the same class for years compete against joe random's first PvP experience as a rogue
    - difference in knowledge. Joe random won't be helpful on his first visit in WSG
    - different goals. You play to win, joe random goes for kills, jane random for achievements
    - stacked "OP" classes
    - too much or too few healers
    - lag
    - human error (oops, wrong specc)

On the large scale, all that evens out. On small scale, you can loose 10 BGs straight and tend to blame this on "healers" because you couldn't kill someone.

Balancing random BGs to 2-3 heals + 7-8 DDs is a start, but it won't fix the problem. You'll still loose against better gear, better teamplay etc.
    Damn, looks like BGs will be forever ruined for you. that sucks bud
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    Mop was bringing Spirit back as an important stat, well do you seen any PVP healers gemming for it?

Has spirit become an important stat for healers in pvp or did that fail. Fom the looks of the game at the moment I'd say mana regen is too high and/or mana cost of spells is too low, one of these needs to change.
    Well pvp is more about instant spells then spamming expensive heals. Like for holy paladins it pretty much revolves around WoG and holy shock along with flash if light and infused divine lights. I know I spend mana, lots if it, but not nearly as much if I get a string of divine purpose procs for WoG.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

i said that in the main wow forum sometime in bc. since then healers destroy bgs and arena. simpliest solution would be to ban heal specs from arena and bgs. healers shouldnt complain, they still can play with their second spec.

Quote Originally Posted by mordrac View Post
    i said that in the main wow forum sometime in bc. since then healers destroy bgs and arena. simpliest solution would be to ban heal specs from arena and bgs. healers shouldnt complain, they still can play with their second spec.
    Yeah that's not a good idea

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMert View Post
    unkillable but they cant kill you either.
    Not true anymore sadly resto druids can do tons of dmg so can holy pallys if allowed to cast.

Deleted
    Im really waiting for some mana regen nerfs on druid, shaman and paladin. Priests and monks are perfect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woxenrud View Post
    Im really waiting for some mana regen nerfs on druid, shaman and paladin. Priests and monks are perfect
    You're getting an extra 15% healing nerf. Will that do?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Yeah been saying this for such a long time now, so couldn't agree more. I'm just really hoping they put the balance to teams in the PvP queue system, since it's ridiculous getting games where the other team has 3-4 healers or more, mean while your own team has 1 or none. Had a game of EotS the other day that highlighted just how stupid it is when you've got a team with 5 healers, just healing each other, non stop, no mana issues, people being topped to full all the time. Doesn't matter how much effort you put into a game like that or how well your team plays. You can't beat that without an equal amount of healers, which is never the case with the current system.

Now i'm all for healers having defense, since i think a lot of the control/stuns/silences are completely unfair. That said, healing currently is out of hand in PvP and it's no real susprise when people reroll from dps to healers, when they suddenly realise that a healer can literally tank 3 people with the full tier of pvp kit. It is however fair to point out that not all healers are as strong as each other. Resto shamans are on Warrior/BM levels of OP right now in BGs.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    You're getting an extra 15% healing nerf. Will that do?
    That been in place since about a week into mop it happens anytime you're hit by another player anywhere. So all the pvp people have been seeing so far is with this already in place so no that won't do.

Quote Originally Posted by woxenrud View Post
    Same old sob story. If you are waiting for them to run out of mana, you need to rethink your game plan because that won't work now. This isn't cata where you just spam mana burn them, you actually have to use your brain.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 07:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    That been in place since about a week into mop it happens anytime you're hit by another player anywhere. So all the pvp people have been seeing so far is with this already in place so no that won't do.
    If they nerf healing, then they need to nerf pvp burst.

Remember: most healers are full dreadful or better geared. Healers that aren't get DESTROYED. Think about that.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 07:50 AM ----------

Not true anymore sadly resto druids can do tons of dmg so can holy pallys if allowed to cast.
    Well don't let them cast. Theres no pushback resistance anymore, holy paladins are even easier to lock down now (especially if they cast anything longer then flash of light (1.2-1.3 sec without any pushback) without aura mastery active. Even when aura mastery is up, you can stun them or knock them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Yeah, no.

10chars
    Yeah. Healers should die in BGs to. As it is now they can keep their team up while shrugging off anything less than 5 people on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going up from 15% to 30%.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

They see me Healin'
    They Hatin'

Deleted
    Do many dumb ppl in this thread... we feel your frustration but saying stupid things wont make you fell better. The only way to fix this is making same system as LFG where you can only get a max number of healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    yeah - that worked in Cataclysm but isn't sufficient in MoP if you have multiple healers on a FC (and cleansing each other)
    Actually it is. With 100% dmg debuff a warrior can pretty much one shot an flag carrier that's not an tank. Several DPS will force the healers to spam so much healing they will go oom add to that a single smokebomb or AoE fear/CC.

The problem here isn't healers, it's people being either completely outgeared and simply unable to understand that gear does in fact matter or being unable to actually play in any kind of meaningfull way.

I remember an green geared enhancer shaman partly wearing Cataclysm 377 pvp items crying on the battleground chat about how op healers were, because he couldn't make a dent in the armor of an half epic holy paladin. To me whenever I see someone complaining about healers, it's people like him.

Quote Originally Posted by mordrac View Post
    And since BC you didn't seem to improve one tiny bit. I'd rather vote for you being banned from battlegrounds so you stop ruining them for your team by dragging them down.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2012-11-05 at 02:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Same old sob story. If you are waiting for them to run out of mana, you need to rethink your game plan because that won't work now. This isn't cata where you just spam mana burn them, you actually have to use your brain.
    thanks for the laugh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axi View Post
    I had a WSG against an ally team with 6 healers yesterday. Neither team could kill the efc, just timed out 0 - 0.

If the mandatory 2 healers in 10man, 3healer in 15man BG rule could be implemented without killing either healers or dps' queue times I'd be overjoyed.

40mans don't need any restrictions in that regard.
    People would still whine because some healers are more skilled then others. I say just leave it like this, queue times don't suffer.