Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frost dps rotation?

So, I havent played DK since.. the end of WotLK, so whats the rotation?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no fixed rotation anymore.

There is, however, a priority system, and it goes thusly:

Diseases>Ob(if you have 2 sets of F U runes)>HB(if rime procs)>FS(if you're at 90 runic power)>Ob>Fs>Hb>HoW
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    There's no fixed rotation anymore.

There is, however, a priority system, and it goes thusly:

Diseases>Ob(if you have 2 sets of F U runes)>HB(if rime procs)>FS(if you're at 90 runic power)>Ob>Fs>Hb>HoW
    Your priority is a little off as it doesn't include SR and, DW and 2h have different priorites.

DW Priority
    Soul Reaper when target below 35%
    Diseases
    Frost Strike if Killing Machine is procced
    Death and Decay
    Obliterate when Killing Machine is procced and both diseases are on the target and both Unholy Runes are off cooldown
    Frost Strike if RP capped
    Howling Blast if Rime procced
    Obliterate when both diseases are on the target and both Unholy Runes are off cooldown
    Frost Strike
    Howling Blast
    Horn of Winter

2H Priority
    Obliterate when Killing Machine is procced and both diseases are on the target
    Diseases
    Obliterate
    Frost Strike
    Horn of Winter
    Last edited by Kaosbringer; 2012-11-04 at 05:33 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    Your priority is a little off as it doesn't include SR and, DW and 2h have different priorites.

DW Priority
    Diseases
    Frost Strike if Killing Machine is procced
    Death and Decay
    Obliterate when Killing Machine is procced and both diseases are on the target and both Unholy Runes are off cooldown
    Obliterate when both diseases are on the target and both Unholy Runes are off cooldown
    Frost Strike
    Howling Blast
    Horn of Winter

2H Priority
    Obliterate when Killing Machine is procced and both diseases are on the target
    Diseases
    Obliterate
    Frost Strike
    Horn of Winter
    ^ All that, and

AoE/Multi-target:
    -Howling Blast (if both Death runes or both Frost runes are available)
    -Death and Decay/Pestilence (if both Unholy runes are available)
    -Frost Strike (if runic power is at maximum)
    -Howling Blast
    -Death and Decay
    -Frost Strike
    -Horn of Winter

This is taken from the frost sticky on the wow forums, I'd reccomend taking a look at it.

Thanks a lot guys ! Hoping my DPS will be better now !

Deleted
    I don't know if your dk is 90, if so remember the amount of hit/exp you need has changed to 7.50% and not 8% like it used to be (2H)

Im not 90, Im 85 atm. Still dont have MoP (yeah Im a slacker). so Now its 7.50% hit/exp to be soft capped?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzleMyGrizzle View Post
    Im not 90, Im 85 atm. Still dont have MoP (yeah Im a slacker). so Now its 7.50% hit/exp to be soft capped?
    That is correct yes.

Deleted
    Any idea why i do less damage as Frost than Unholy?
    I follow the prio system, use Obliterate whenever available, Pillar of Frost on CD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    I follow the prio system, use Obliterate whenever available, Pillar of Frost on CD
    http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/bron...ht/wiizuvious/

I don't know but you seem to play unholy really well, so I dont think you ought to be too concerned with your frost dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/bron...ht/wiizuvious/

I don't know but you seem to play unholy really well, so I dont think you ought to be too concerned with your frost dps
    Thank you
    Yeah ive always played unholy, i only played Frost abit late FL and in the start of DS, went unholy as fast as i got Gurth though, always loved unholy

Im only 85, and I pull of 25-30k dps on single target in a cata hc, even with a retarded spelluse (didnt have this rotation before I asked) so...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzleMyGrizzle View Post
    Im only 85, and I pull of 25-30k dps on single target in a cata hc, even with a retarded spelluse (didnt have this rotation before I asked) so...
    Dont get me wrong i can do high dps just spamming frost strike and obliterate too, but i do more dps and damage as unholy.

Deleted
    Even if frost is more user friendly than unholy you need some time to master it very well, also you are doing great with UH so it's a bit harder for you to see a dps increase.

Deleted
    As long as you keep up with the frost dk in your raid (If you got any) I don't see a problem at all.

Guys I would like to confirm one thing regarding priority... When should I consider my priority to be a multi-target? I mean, is it worth to start spam the HB when we have 2 targets or more? Or is better keep single target till we have like 3+ mobs?

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by olivete View Post
    Guys I would like to confirm one thing regarding priority... When should I consider my priority to be a multi-target? I mean, is it worth to start spam the HB when we have 2 targets or more? Or is better keep single target till we have like 3+ mobs?

Thanks!
    I consider multi-target when there are more than 3 targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    As long as you keep up with the frost dk in your raid (If you got any) I don't see a problem at all.
    We dont have a frost dk, well we had a guy that applied as frost but he went unholy after i asked for Unholy logs to see if he was as good ( he wasnt )
    But im keeping it strong being in the top 5 dps on most fights if not all

Should I save KM procs for when I get the runes to use Obliterate, or should I continue my rotation regardless of the KM proc (ie use KM for a frost strike if my runes are all charging)?
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Should I save KM procs for when I get the runes to use Obliterate, or should I continue my rotation regardless of the KM proc (ie use KM for a frost strike if my runes are all charging)?
    Well, you should wait only if OB will be available within the next autoattack (ex. OB in 2 seconds and the next swing is in 3 seconds) otherwise use FS.