Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Help on Feng the Accursed

I'm MT for the Feng encounter. I'm also the "shield" rune Tank and my problem is solely on phase 1 as all other phases are fine. I'm shielding on every other epicenter, and i'm supposed to get hit by lighting fists the other times. My Problem is 2 things:

1: I keep shield up full duration, taunt boss as he's running into raid and move so that he's facing phase 1's statue. When he casts Lighting fists (which usually his fists lands either directly in front of me or right the "F" on top of me) I don't get hit and raid has to take a full epicenter- this is like a 50/50 deal (happens half the time using this portion of the strategy)

or

2: I drop shield early taunt boss just before last tick of epicenter, as i'm about About parallel with him (if he's looking at raid- to his left) he'll casts lighting fist into center of the raid. After wards he's immediately on me and i continue to tank him while Facing phase 2's position. Then another 2 things can happen- 1: he doesn't cast Lighting fists again and raid takes an epicenter, or he does cast it again and it either misses/gets resisted or it hits and we continue as expected (again 50/50)

In the instances where he casts fists into the center of the raid, i've tried running over to where it will be to intentionally get get hit, however I never make it in time- even with using Death Advance (I'm a Death Knight btw). Also for the 2nd portion (where I tank him facing phase 2 position) the guild decided to use this strategy to combat the problem that occurs in option 1- we believed that my being so close to the fence/rail was the reasons the spell was "missing" me half the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    the way I used to do it was as follows.

When stacking up for Epicenter, use the sheild after the second stack of epicenter ticks, just before the third one goes off, this way your group should have full health by the time epicenter finishes. After epicenter finishes, run to the side, facing the boss away from the raid, so that everyone can avoid it.

On the phases where we don't have the sheild, you can either 1, get the other tank to steal the spell, or 2. stack up in the middle and get healers to pop healing cd's plus others use dmg mit. Just before epicenter finishes, i run either to the left or the right of the boss and taunt. this way even if he were to cast lightning fists, it would generally avoid the majority of the raid.

You don't need to get hit by his lightning fists at all. he casts in a direction, not on a target; consequently everyone can avoid it, however it doesn't mean that everyone will.

We stack on boss when we have the sheild up and when we don't, we stack in the middle. we generally fight the boss where he picks up his weapon from.

For the second phase, we let the first draw flame in, and then let the second one be absorbed via tank shield. we placed the dps on the opposite side of the boss, the dps and heals in the middle, and the tanks just tanking the boss. this way, no dps should get hit by draw flame (you drop them a few yards behind the boss) and you don't neccesarily need to stack for it.

Any other questions or advice feel free to ask. I hope my response is of assistance

Deleted
    We never used a tank to take the Lightning Fist, but a mage which is imho far better. Everyone stack on the boss with only the mage outside. You chain channel on him till you get the buff and gg.
    For the shield part: wait till second tick then pop the shield, usually we have the assigned tank stack with the raid (ie at the back of Feng) not in front of him. Pretty simple.
    Oh, i never did Feng normal, but this tactic do work for HM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    I'm MT for the Feng encounter. I'm also the "shield" rune Tank and my problem is solely on phase 1 as all other phases are fine. I'm shielding on every other epicenter, and i'm supposed to get hit by lighting fists the other times. My Problem is 2 things:

1: I keep shield up full duration, taunt boss as he's running into raid and move so that he's facing phase 1's statue. When he casts Lighting fists (which usually his fists lands either directly in front of me or right the "F" on top of me) I don't get hit and raid has to take a full epicenter- this is like a 50/50 deal (happens half the time using this portion of the strategy)

or

2: I drop shield early taunt boss just before last tick of epicenter, as i'm about About parallel with him (if he's looking at raid- to his left) he'll casts lighting fist into center of the raid. After wards he's immediately on me and i continue to tank him while Facing phase 2's position. Then another 2 things can happen- 1: he doesn't cast Lighting fists again and raid takes an epicenter, or he does cast it again and it either misses/gets resisted or it hits and we continue as expected (again 50/50)

In the instances where he casts fists into the center of the raid, i've tried running over to where it will be to intentionally get get hit, however I never make it in time- even with using Death Advance (I'm a Death Knight btw). Also for the 2nd portion (where I tank him facing phase 2 position) the guild decided to use this strategy to combat the problem that occurs in option 1- we believed that my being so close to the fence/rail was the reasons the spell was "missing" me half the time.
    Don't let people mislead you or make this simple ass fight more difficult than it actually is.

If you do this right, the other tank will have taunted off of you before Epicenter goes out. This means you can run to the group and shield them just fine. Once its just about over, you run back in, taunt and get hit by the lightning fist so it doesnt go into group and now Lightning Fist is mimicked and the boss can be stunned on the next one. Its really not that complicated.

Having a mage or any other class "eating it" is just making up for bad tanks. Period. End of story.

what we do, first epicenter, interrupt with LF, tank with barrier tanks him first and eats the LF (sometimes he is being annoying and doesn't cast it before first epicenter), second one barrier, as this epicenter is ending feng will 95% of the time cast a LF straight at the raid where everyone is bunched up, healers and dps run left or right, tank runs straight at him and eats the LF, rinse and repeat

Deleted- chrome at work messed up so I made new post farther down.
    Last edited by Ichy; 2012-11-05 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted
    All stack on the melee = no moving needed. They guy with the interrupt should solo P1 ( unless Feng becomes an ass with his LF ) then stroll into P2. Yes i hear all the cries of it doing more damage the closer you are to the boss but, it's either interrupted or absorbed so there should be no issues.

My problem is only in Phase 1, and getting hit with Lighting Fists so the other tank can steal it and interrupt every other epicenter (because i'm shielding the ones we can't interrupt). Which is a problem as I stated- if I drop shield earlier and taunt so boss is on me, he 80% of the time casts Lighting fists towards the center (raid's location) and will only do it once, or I go full durtion and put my back to the railing and have a 50/50 chance of getting hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Having a mage or any other class "eating it" is just making up for bad tanks. Period. End of story.

Not at all. Lightning Fist is not on a set cd. The active tank can't just chain channel, he needs to actively tank in order to mitigate damage (a lot less of stress on healers).

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 04:02 PM ----------

My problem is only in Phase 1, and getting hit with Lighting Fists so the other tank can steal it and interrupt every other epicenter (because i'm shielding the ones we can't interrupt). Which is a problem as I stated- if I drop shield earlier and taunt so boss is on me, he 80% of the time casts Lighting fists towards the center (raid's location) and will only do it once, or I go full durtion and put my back to the railing and have a 50/50 chance of getting hit.
    Is your raid stacking on the back of Feng? You tank Feng, raid stacks on his back (melee range) all packed, OT stays out: 100% of getting the Fist
    Last edited by mmoc04e8c15ee7; 2012-11-05 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind999 View Post
    Not at all. Lightning Fist is not on a set cd. The active tank can't just chain channel, he needs to actively tank in order to mitigate damage (a lot less of stress on healers).

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 04:02 PM ----------

Is your raid stacking on the back of Feng? You tank Feng, raid stacks on his back (melee range) all packed, OT stays out: 100% of getting the Fist
    healers and Ranged stack in the middle, Melee at back of boss stacked up, ot starts it off -we chose to shield the first epicenter as we can usually shield the first "Draw Flames" in p2. Then I have the two options stated in my OP- going full duration shield and having a 50/50 chance of being hit with Lighting fists once I have the boss, or drop early and run into the side of the boss and get a 80% chance that the boss will Lighting fists to the middle (raid location) and only do it once.

I have a feeling that dropping shield early and one Lighting Fist are some how tied.

Deleted
    healers and Ranged stack in the middle, Melee at back of boss stacked up, ot starts it off -we chose to shield the first epicenter as we can usually shield the first "Draw Flames" in p2. Then I have the two options stated in my OP- going full duration shield and having a 50/50 chance of being hit with Lighting fists once I have the boss, or drop early and run into the side of the boss and get a 80% chance that the boss will Lighting fists to the middle (raid location) and only do it once.

I have a feeling that dropping shield early and one Lighting Fist are some how tied.
    Make the whole raid (ranged, melee dps and healers) stack at the back of Feng on that phase. You ran out and will be the only 1 outside (so the 100% target of Lightning Fist) -> problem solved

You don't need to eat the first lightning right after epicenter, there is a 2nd one, eat that.

if you don't get hit and there is no interrupt just have healers use a healing cd, until our tanks figured it out, healers carried us, we went tranq on first miss, devo on 2nd, SLT on 3rd. Now that tanks suck less, we rarely need anything in phase I.

Quote Originally Posted by Slak View Post
    You don't need to eat the first lightning right after epicenter, there is a 2nd one, eat that.

if you don't get hit and there is no interrupt just have healers use a healing cd, until our tanks figured it out, healers carried us, we went tranq on first miss, devo on 2nd, SLT on 3rd. Now that tanks suck less, we rarely need anything in phase I.
    If we use the 2nd strat (drop early and I move to a spot between phase 1 position and phase 2 position) we don't see a 2nd lighting. only on the strat where I go the full channeled amount and have the boss facing the statue do we see a 2nd one.

I don't see the problem
    -boss drops LF on raid that is in the middle
    -dps/healers run out a bit
    -tank takes it with the other tank casting shroud on him

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    I don't see the problem
    -boss drops LF on raid that is in the middle
    -dps/healers run out a bit
    -tank takes it with the other tank casting shroud on him
    then your not thinking or you have an understanding problem.

The strategy used relies one the shielding tank (ME) to get hit by Lighting Fist so that the coming epicenter can be interrupted. Easing the burden on the raid. Now we have done it the dirty way (missing the interrupt because I don't get hit by Lighting Fist) but its a huge drain on the raid and keeps us dangerously close to failing. In fact if it gets missed twice, we usually end up at about 4/5% wipe, where as if its missed once we manage the kill.

While we can kill him; admittedly kind of sloppy, I'd rather get it done properly. I'm asking for help to see if its just me running into this or if any one else has run into and found a solution.

then your not thinking or you have an understanding problem.

The strategy used relies one the shielding tank (ME) to get hit by Lighting Fist so that the coming epicenter can be interrupted. Easing the burden on the raid. Now we have done it the dirty way (missing the interrupt because I don't get hit by Lighting Fist) but its a huge drain on the raid and keeps us dangerously close to failing. In fact if it gets missed twice, we usually end up at about 4/5% wipe, where as if its missed once we manage the kill..
    I..
    what?

I don't get you, it's what I said, it's how we do it, I am the tank with the shroud in this fight
    first one we shroud, unless feng is being stupid and doesn't do the fist
    second one we barrier
    after the boss stops doing the epicenter everyone is bunched up in the middle including both tanks, in 95% of the cases feng will cast the LF straight as he is done with the epicenter channeling, dps and healers move a few step away to the left or right, tank with the barrier runs straight at him and gets hit by the LF, shroud tank gets the LF, interrupts next epicenter, rinse and repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    I..
    what?

I don't get you, it's what I said, it's how we do it, I am the tank with the shroud in this fight
    first one we shroud, unless feng is being stupid and doesn't do the fist
    second one we barrier
    after the boss stops doing the epicenter everyone is bunched up in the middle including both tanks, in 95% of the cases feng will cast the LF straight as he is done with the epicenter channeling, dps and healers move a few step away to the left or right, tank with the barrier runs straight at him and gets hit by the LF, shroud tank gets the LF, interrupts next epicenter, rinse and repeat
    thats more descriptive then your last post and makes more sense on a whole. What I was told to do by the RL is pick the boss up as soon as shield drops and face him away from the raid, which lead to my 2 problems. On reset tomorrow I will see if the RL wants to try it that way - which is basically keep him facing the raid till LF drops, make sure I get hit then turn him. Might solve both issues for now too.

On a side note- apparently when LF didn't hit and he epicenter-ed... the shroud would steal epicenter which hits for 100k per tic.

overall I found it a lot easier for the dps to know where the fuck they stand and for the tank to just go in a straight line instead of trying some fancy moves ^^
    depends on your dps of course

but yeah if you steal the epicenter it hurts really hard iirc, might be worth it to ignore the interrupt and just nuke him with epicenter, but that one depends on your healers, LF is playing it more save

but I have to say I really hate the rng bullshit with this boss when it comes to the casting of his LF, sometimes he doesn't do it at all in a rotation, other times he does it 3 times

When I tank this on my warrior I take the shroud of reversal. I found that I can actually interrupt just about all the epicenters myself with no need to alternate between reversal and nullification. We just use the nullification barrier as a backup if I tell them that the lightning fist was missed for whatever reason. In our raid DPS just stacks on the nullification tank during epicenters in front of the boss and go stack in melee otherwise. We found this way to save a ton of healer mana and is just easier for us since dps and healers don't need to move far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind999 View Post
    We never used a tank to take the Lightning Fist, but a mage which is imho far better. Everyone stack on the boss with only the mage outside. You chain channel on him till you get the buff and gg.
    For the shield part: wait till second tick then pop the shield, usually we have the assigned tank stack with the raid (ie at the back of Feng) not in front of him. Pretty simple.
    Oh, i never did Feng normal, but this tactic do work for HM.
    I don't know why there is so much discussion. Do exactly what this guy posted except you don't need to chain channel, just pay attention to when he casts LF. Your strat is a pita (we did that the first week also) and this is far, far more reliable. If you got bad luck and he didn't cast a LF, you drop your bubble but otherwise just have the mage eat them and stun all of them.

Having the tank attempt to eat the LF, the ranged/healers dodge the LF, and the melee and tank with the bubble run to the center during non stunned epicenters is not only more complicated but less effective.