Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Dunmer? Interesting... The grey guys right?
    Dark Elves, you know, dark skin, pointy ears, red eyes, their country got invaded by lizards they used as slaves...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Dark Elves, you know, dark skin, pointy ears, red eyes, their country got invaded by lizards they used as slaves...
    Oh yeah... They were the ones fighting the bearded elves before they went poof I think.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Dunmer? Interesting... The grey guys right?
    Dunmer = Dark Elves, if that is easier for you to remember, and yes those are the ones with the ash skin.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 11:01 AM ----------

Indecently, I am looking forward to this being on my 4(?) 100+ hr play through, it would be nice to have some more content.

Deleted
    Friend linked me this earlier, I'm pretty excited. I've actually been wanting to start a new Skyrim game for a while just didn't quite get the motivation, and I hadn't bought dawnguard/hearthfire yet so just picked them up and I'm really looking forward to this

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I have not got any enthusiasm for it.

We need more Skyrim DLC!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    I'm excited, especially since it appears that we'll be riding dragons and doing shout-bys off their backs in no time

Based on the trailer alone I am not all that convinced that our characters will be riding dragons. For all I could tell all that I saw was a small part of a cut scene in which the character is "riding a dragon." Based on the trailer I have no more reason to believe that characters will be controlling dragons then they will have access to warthog mounts.

Cool, more content for Skyrim is always welcome and I'll certainly get this.

But...I'm sick of dragons (in the gaming world in general).

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Based on the trailer alone I am not all that convinced that our characters will be riding dragons. For all I could tell all that I saw was a small part of a cut scene in which the character is "riding a dragon." Based on the trailer I have no more reason to believe that characters will be controlling dragons then they will have access to warthog mounts.
    ...lolwut?

So, a trailer meant to show off new features and get people excited for a DLC showing the character mounting a dragon is suggestive of nothing?
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    ...lolwut?

So, a trailer meant to show off new features and get people excited for a DLC showing the character mounting a dragon is suggestive of nothing?

It showed me a whole new area (presumably with more questing)

It showed me a whole new bad guy (the original Dragonborn)

It showed me a bad guy riding a warthog

It showed me a bad guy using a spear

Oddly enough it showed me the first person view of a character in a boat, but not the first person view of a character controlling a dragon.

It might very well have controllable dragons, it might have show the character riding the dragon on rails in a big circle scouting out an area, or riding a dragon on rails chucking spears down at some enemy.

I'm just saying the trailer in and of itself does not mean that we are suddenly getting dragon mounts

Oddly enough it showed me the first person view of a character in a boat, but not the first person view of a character controlling a dragon.

It might very well have controllable dragons, it might have show the character riding the dragon on rails in a big circle scouting out an area, or riding a dragon on rails chucking spears down at some enemy.

I'm just saying the trailer in and of itself does not mean that we are suddenly getting dragon mounts
    Well, Horses can't be mounted in first person, so I assume Dragons won't be.

And while I get what you're trying to say, I would at the least say it's suggested.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Well, Horses can't be mounted in first person, so I assume Dragons won't be.

And while I get what you're trying to say, I would at the least say it's suggested.
    Oh I agree showing a character mounting a dragon for clearly suggests it. Likely, quite soon they will release some actual info on the DLC and it will say dragon mounts or something like that, or it will say nothing and we will know for sure.

Before the trailer was released some people over on the Bethesda forums did some data mining and came up with a bunch of lines of code and other stuff that pretty much confirmed dragons as mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnir1122 View Post
    Back during the last gen era, and in this next gen era, I really wouldn't have cared as much. There have been PLENTY of games that were standalone for the PS3 with no DLC or limited DLC that I thoroughly enjoyed (Enslaves being the first name on my list). However, The Elder Scolls, since Morrowind, has never been just a Standalone game. It's become really frustrating for me, as I love Bethesda's games, and I certainly love Skyrim. But in 6 days, this game will have been out for a year, and PS3 has gotten absolutely nothing at all, while Xbox is now getting their third bit of content.
    I'm sure Bethesda isn't happy about it either, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be possible. Since they haven't been able to fix it in six months I seriously doubt they will ever manage to get the DLC onto the PS3. I certainly wouldn't expect it anymore at this point
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Cool, more content for Skyrim is always welcome and I'll certainly get this.

But...I'm sick of dragons (in the gaming world in general).

Yup they need to add more enemies. It's getting pretty stale

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    I'm sure Bethesda isn't happy about it either, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be possible. Since they haven't been able to fix it in six months I seriously doubt they will ever manage to get the DLC onto the PS3. I certainly wouldn't expect it anymore at this point
    Unless its a problem that they can't patch (I know it sounds stupid to say that by the way), but they will eventually release a GoTY edition that will have all the dlc on it, to it could be fixed by that.

Looks interesting maybe get this on next years Steam Summer Sale. I hope they tune the difficulty quite high. Oneshotting everything is a litte boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Dawnguard took me maybe 10 hours.
    Aw, only 10 hours for 20€. Will probably hold off until it goes down to 5 in some steam sale. Hearthfire just seems entirely useless to get for the PC version since you can just mod that stuff in for free

Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    Hearthfire just seems entirely useless to get for the PC version since you can just mod that stuff in for free
    All I have to say is Horse Armor.

Fun fact: They showed off the vampire/werewolf stuff and the house construction at DICE early this year as part of their highlight real of mods/changes made by the staff after launch (they do it for fun, all the staff get some time to build whatever they want in-game, updated visuals, new animations, whatever).

I think they may have even shown off some dragon riding, I'll have to go back and check >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    Aw, only 10 hours for 20€. Will probably hold off until it goes down to 5 in some steam sale. Hearthfire just seems entirely useless to get for the PC version since you can just mod that stuff in for free
    If it helps you can get both DLC on greenmangaming.com and use the 25% off digital code to save a bit of money (activates on steam)