Thread: 2 Questions

2 Questions

So, my nephew (who lives 90 minutes away) asked me to buy minecraft which I did so that we could game together. Up until now we have been basically playing Hunger Games (minecrafthungergames.com).

Question 1: When I get to a treasure cheast I right click on it, press shift and left click on any item in the chest and the loot goes into my inventory, Press E to close down the chest window, Press E to go into my inventory and try to equip the stuff that I just looted goes but it goes back into the chest. What am I doing wrong? The only way my nephew and I have gotten around it is for him to loot, put it on the floor, I pick it up and I can equip the stuff with no problems.

Question 2: He talked about having me access "his world". His world being where he's built a house for protection and he's working on find 8 orbs that would open a portal, a dragon comes out which we kill and the game ends. How do I access his world? I tried searching but couldn't find a way to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So, just for anyone is curious how it turned out but we were able to answer question #2 fairly easily. I downloaded Minecraft Server from the download page and my nephew did a direct connection using my IP address. I then connected to the server using my own IP address. Not sure if we will get into modding but we are both happy creating stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question 1: press escape to close the chest. That's what I do. Unless the chest is closed you haven't truely exited the chest. Also, don't use shift click to equip stuff. Just click and drag it. It might be harder this way, but I'm an old school minecraft player (is there really such a thing yet? Minecraft is relatively new) and just never started shift clicking once they added it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    Question 1: press escape to close the chest. That's what I do. Unless the chest is closed you haven't truely exited the chest. Also, don't use shift click to equip stuff. Just click and drag it. It might be harder this way, but I'm an old school minecraft player (is there really such a thing yet? Minecraft is relatively new) and just never started shift clicking once they added it.
    Yeah, i'd say theres a such thing as oldschool minecraft.
    Also, kudos Skippy, couldn't really think of a better game for you to play with a nephew/anyone younger than 10, really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    Yeah, i'd say theres a such thing as oldschool minecraft.
    As someone who played vanilla from alpha right the way through to 1.2.something before I even bothered about mods, I'm inclined to agree

I agree with what this guy said. Also, to access his world you can either set up for LAN or via server connection. So I would suggest investigating those options.

Still having loot issues. I've tried everything including the Esc key. I'm not sure what's going on. The good news is despite it I won my last game and came in 3rd the game before.