A simple fix that would push the class forward in PvP.

As the title states, they could do something very minor and help fix the class as a whole in pvp, intrigued ?

consider that whatever spell cataclysm becomes after they finish re-working it ,turns out being successful in what it's design is meant for it to achieve, but why only favor destruction ? that very spell (supposing it will be useful to grant casting windows or another form of CC) can be used for all other specs too, if they should give it to warlocks as a baseline spell for all 3 specs this should somewhat negate most of the problems , if not significantly reduce the problems as a whole for warlocks in pvp.

if the spell costs an ember it could cost a shard/ fury for the other specs, or just mana for all of them.

I don't see why destruction has to be favored in that aspect where other specs ( mainly affliction) is the one in need of help the most.

it's not that big of a deal in my opinion since they're already adding that new spell anyways, thoughts?

I vote to re-add Death Coil baseline. Problem solved.

I will burn your soul.

Make it so spell lock actually locks out casting opponents again, im tired of having a gimped awful version of counterspell that only works as a blanket silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    Make it so spell lock actually locks out casting opponents again, im tired of having a gimped awful version of counterspell that only works as a blanket silence.
    Agreed and /signed.

I will burn your soul.

Yeah the nerf to spell lock now being only a 3 sec blanket silence is just retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Yeah the nerf to spell lock now being only a 3 sec blanket silence is just retarded.
    Yea it's a doubly-frustrating nerf, because it simultaneously lowers the skill cap and nerfs our capabilities against other casters. I didn't realize warlocks were OP against casters? A 1v1 against any hybrid leaves us disadvantaged, and against the only other pure caster (mage) we cannot hope to compete with their control or effortless burst.

Deleted
    The change I'd like as affliction aren't really possible to ask for - most of my problems stem from having malefic grasp, which it's pretty obvious isn't going to be removed just to address (my perceived) pvp issues. I don't like how weak our dots feel without it, how weak drain life is etc.

I suppose a fix would be for drain life to provide the same effects as MG in pvp, or for it to cause those dot ticks but instead of applying extra damage, converting the damage into some form of self-healing (so every time drain life ticks, dots tick that MG would usually trigger, are now triggered as self heals).

My main problems with affliction is that our dots don't feel potent without standing still and channeling MG.
    That means we can't drain life, not that it's worth it outside of a SB - it's healing feels pathetic.
    And while standing still, I feel too squishy without CDs, with CDs I feel godlike for the few seconds they last.

I didn't like Cata pvp that much, but I preferred it to affliction in MOP - but I don't pvp much and don't pretend to be great at it, so wouldn't be surprised if my problems were just down to lack of ability to adapt and / or lack of skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    I vote to re-add Death Coil baseline. Problem solved.
    I'm gonna say this too. I've followed all the discussion and everything seems to point to this. Not sure what could replace Mortal Coil as a talent though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I'm gonna say this too. I've followed all the discussion and everything seems to point to this. Not sure what could replace Mortal Coil as a talent though.
    Chances of them messing with talents whith expansion in progress are near to 0%. They've specifically stated that they want to keep big sweeping changes to a minimum. Changing a talent would be pretty big.

I think IF, big IF, they do anything, they add a different spell to do something. Craete a gap or open a window of opportunity. Though with the change to KJC I'm willing to bet they'll just let it be for a while longer and look at it again for a big season changing patch to do anything of that sort. The retraction of Cataclysm, and their intent to do something that's better is at least somewhat hope giving (though that's a destro question and it's not so sure that they'd look to help the other specs at the same time or with the same spell)

10+ Year Old Account
    WTB a talent that ports my target to my port and \ or roots him.

....I can dream.

Perhaps an upgraded Banish, one that will also work on humanoids/players?

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    WTB a talent that ports my target to my port and \ or roots him.

....I can dream.
    Instant kill in world PvP: Eye of Kilrogg > fly up and over 40 yards (over a cliff or dropoff) > /cast Demonic Portal > target enemy > /cast NEW Demonic ENEMY Teleport = WIN! :P

I will burn your soul.