Fan Suggestions for Changing Mistweaver

With all the proposed changes to our spec being tested out on PTR, many of which are flat nerfs, there's been a lot of arguing about how much you can decrease our healing without making us the weakest healers in the game because of our somewhat unique healing niche. I figured I'd throw a few suggestions out and get some feedback on why they're good/bad, viable/unviable, "commenting without reading the entire post"/"everything is perfect, gtfo", etc.

1. Boost Soothing Mist's healing by at least 10% and also let it apply a defensive buff that only exists while the spell is being channeled on that target. (Protective Mist: 10% damage reduction from all sources.)

2. Add a glyph that changes the second tier talents from Chi spenders to Mana spenders and let them generate 1 chi if their healing effects more than two unique targets per usage. This would allow Uplift to still be used regardless of whether there's a shortage of Renewing Mists up (a very possible outcome of the new RnM nerf in 25m and also 10m until practice fixes the individual's issue)

3. Add a glyph that changes the Jade Serpent Statue to continuously cast Soothing Mist (its own weakened version from Live, of course) on a target once you've used soothing mist on them once and continue to do so without a mana cost. This glyph would also totally remove Eminence from the statue.

Ball's rolling.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Renewal should also apply Renewing Mist on all targets within vision. That would make for a good emergency "oh fuck, where's my Mists" raidheal solution.

If people better at thinking with numbers determine this would allow some demented infinite-RMist situation then just apply stipulations as appropriate, like "Renewing Mists applied by Renewal cannot be affected by Thunder Focus Tea".

Very nice ideas TheWindWalker, always nice to read suggestions and balanced opinions rather than fallacies and biased comments.

1. I loved this idea, nothing else to add. It would definitely make us consider channeling soothing mists more often and add some tank healing options. +1

2. I didn't like this idea, partly because the 2nd tier of talents are mainly focused on AoE healing, for which you already have SCK. So, instead of perhaps using SCK SCK uplift you would be using the 2nd tier talent twice followed by uplift if I understood that correctly. The 2nd tier talents exist to give you an alternative chi dump for exceptional cases, because by default your main chi dump during an encounter is usually uplift. And mind you, there are a few situations where uplift might not be the best chi dump.

3. It's an "ok" idea, personally I wouldn't use this glyph. As a MW I really enjoy switching styles mid-fight e.g. fistweaving or AoE delight, I'm never assigned to tank healing although I do contribute to some of it with my splash healing.

Yes to all of these. Just awesome.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Allow Mistweavers to use Jab on people.
    Heal them directly with your fists.

Deleted
    They should also give mistweavers ability to make sushi that would replace mage food.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Allow Mistweavers to use Jab on people.
    Heal them directly with your fists.
    "Doc! Monk! I need help!"
    "What's up, soldier?"
    "Something bit clean through my leg! Argh it hurts!"
    "Hold still..." WHAM, PUNCH TO THE HEAD "There, you're not worried about your leg hurting any more are you?"
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    "What's up, soldier?"
    "Hold still..." WHAM, PUNCH TO THE HEAD "There, you're not worried about your leg hurting any more are you?"
    Seems World of Warcraft-ish to me xD

Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    3. It's an "ok" idea, personally I wouldn't use this glyph. As a MW I really enjoy switching styles mid-fight e.g. fistweaving or AoE delight, I'm never assigned to tank healing although I do contribute to some of it with my splash healing.
    I actually forgot to reply to this. There are some players who find Eminence to be unenjoyable or annoying. (I'm not one of them, btw.) So, the point of the glyph is so you can Soothing Mist the tank once and the statue would continue to provide healing for them regardless of how long you spend raid healing. It's a bit weak but for that niche group (or on certain niche fights) it would be a boon to your assigned tank.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Let us also cast Renewing Mist on a single target (non-bouncing) at the cost of 1 chi. That would solve a lot of issues. It could be called something else; the relevant part is that it works with Uplift.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    "What's up, soldier?"
    LOL. So for tank healing.... we'd just beat the hell out of our tanks. I like it.

I would love a talent/glyph/spell that works like beacon of light, transfering eminence, or a percentage of it to a target, want tank healing??? Go slap the boss...

I personally think ReM should travel to targets a tad bit faster, but thats just me