10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I'd be flamed a lot less for being terribad, so I approve.
    If bread's the paper, what's the ink? Mustard?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I don't see how hiding scores fixes anything. People will still see streaks, and individuals will still know how many kills and deaths they have. People like me will still know everyone's score because that's just stuff I remember regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I don't see how hiding scores fixes anything. People will still see streaks, and individuals will still know how many kills and deaths they have. People like me will still know everyone's score because that's just stuff I remember regardless.
    I dunno. Hopefully it'd just get rid of those asshats that go "omg 0/6 stfu noob feed," when you're a support with 15 assists.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Meh, that kind of talk never bothered me. Played a game yesterday where our bottom lane just flat out left and went mid (Both of them) at around ~6 minutes and let PL get both towers by himself as well as free farm. 16 minute radiance was game over and of course they all blamed me when I was top lane. I even went bot to try to gank him when he was soloing our tier 2 tower and no one came to help. That right there is the real problem with the DotA community. People think they can play however they want and it's always someone else's fault.

What they should do instead is have a giant banner at the top of the home page that says "There are currently X players in the world better than you" (based on MMR of course) so that every time you log in you get a dose of shut the f*** up humble pie.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-11-05 at 03:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crystal Maiden needs some help, it's really obvious now that Jakiro's Ice Path is so good. Her first two skills are good, damage is a little low on both but nova has a huge range and frostbite has a lot of uptime. Her aura... I dunno, I want to like it, but it just seems like stats are better in most cases, even with double the effect for herself. Her ultimate is actually really good now, but it's entirely too RNG-reliant... nothing sucks more than to watch some guy skate out on 100 HP because the RNG god decided not to drop some shards on their path. Needs to be more consistent somehow, especially for how much mana it costs.

Can't wait to get into beta; my friends have grown me tired of HoN and LoL and I want to go back to some good ol Tidehunter play.

Deleted
    i am playing this beta, the game is good but EU servers are full of Russians ._. they dont care about talk in englis so no teamplay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralstlin View Post
    i am playing this beta, the game is good but EU servers are full of Russians ._. they dont care about talk in englis so no teamplay
    Yeah. I'm really hoping on region locks for public matchmaking. We get a ton of Brazilians here on US servers, and it's basically the same thing - terrible at the game, and the only English they speak is something along the lines of "fuck you mother."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Anyone know any good communities to get into to find some good people and good teams?
    Either play with people on here or start adding those in pub's that do play well

that's what I did and now I almost always have at least 1-2 people to party with. still just above 50/50 win rate, but now we're laughing and having fun with it
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

at least Russians curse in their own language. You don't get it...
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-05 at 06:00 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, they curse at you and laugh with other russians while you're being ignored

As for the Russian issue... It's far worse than Brazilians. Almost every single game when I queue Europe (and not the Russia bit) I'll end up with 9/10 Russians. They're not all unpleasant though. A few have tried to speak English to have some sort of communication in team chat, but the broken English is really tough to decipher.

Now a days I only queue US
    dont you hold us in such low regard
    We are not bad per se, it just happens that dota2 communtiy does not consist of pretty princes and princesses.
    there are tons of retarded monkeys from USA, UK, and any other country in this game.
    anyways, gl

What's with these 3 Dota 2 invites I just got in my steam inventory? They randomly appeared.

I'm not specifically talking about being bad, I'm terrible myself, but not being able to communicate in team chat is pretty crippling.
    I was not speaking specifically about being bad, well , you cant blame russians/brazilians/whatever for not learning english, I suppose :0
    eventho English is the defacto international language

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I was not speaking specifically about being bad, well , you cant blame russians/brazilians/whatever for not learning english, I suppose :0
    eventho English is the defacto international language
    The thing is, both Russians and Brazilians/whatever from South America have their own dedicated servers where they can get same or better ping and can actually communicate with each other. Its not all of them of course, some of them I wouldnt even knew were russians, since they communicated in english, which is fine. But in ~450 games in dota2 (and 1000+ in dota) most of the time people like "me solo mid" procceeding to feed 0:4 in 5 minutes or "me jungle" with naix/void/prophet and not coming out for 40 minutes even when teamate needs help one screen away are russians. Of course they know two more english words usually (f u) but other that that, I saw сука so often I had to google it

I dont agree with region lock, but I do agree with each server having its main language(s) for the communication in PUBs. like US english, EU english/german/french, Russia russian, east Asia chineese South America Spanish/Portugeese etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Condiments in general, I'd imagine!

As for the Russian issue... It's far worse than Brazilians. Almost every single game when I queue Europe (and not the Russia bit) I'll end up with 9/10 Russians. They're not all unpleasant though. A few have tried to speak English to have some sort of communication in team chat, but the broken English is really tough to decipher.

Now a days I only queue US
    We get plenty of Russians on USE. They're not too common in regular games, but they're fucking everywhere in Diretide. I'll agree that Russians are typically worse... Brazilians are bad and don't speak English but generally they aren't assholes unless you antagonize them. I've had Russians that immediately begin flaming and raging at the slightest provocation (you miss a creep kill, accidentally take one of their creep kills, etc.) I've been told that both Russians and Brazilians we see in Dota are typically little teenagers e-thuggin' it. I've met some pretty cool Russians and Brazilians, so I'm inclined to believe them when they say they get a bad rap due to teenagers being teenagers.

The russians are so overwhelming that i changed my dota name to the first verse of the Soviet Anthem and taunt them with amusing anecdotes about communism and gulags .... and putin....and the KGB ...and Stalin....and random russian city names.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Meh, that kind of talk never bothered me. Played a game yesterday where our bottom lane just flat out left and went mid (Both of them) at around ~6 minutes and let PL get both towers by himself as well as free farm. 16 minute radiance was game over and of course they all blamed me when I was top lane. I even went bot to try to gank him when he was soloing our tier 2 tower and no one came to help. That right there is the real problem with the DotA community. People think they can play however they want and it's always someone else's fault.

What they should do instead is have a giant banner at the top of the home page that says "There are currently X players in the world better than you" (based on MMR of course) so that every time you log in you get a dose of shut the f*** up humble pie.
    That would be nice, would also be nice if each time you played a particularly hero it gave you tips if it's your first time or tips if it thinks you're doing something wrong.

"Hey you're a warlock, are you sure you want Aghanims at 13 minutes?", "yer ofc i do im a nuker lul".
    "Might I suggest some wards instead? They have a riki and nyx, sentry ward would be ide--" "no no refreshers next lul herp derp i'm a carry".
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    The thing is, both Russians and Brazilians/whatever from South America have their own dedicated servers where they can get same or better ping and can actually communicate with each other. Its not all of them of course, some of them I wouldnt even knew were russians, since they communicated in english, which is fine. But in ~450 games in dota2 (and 1000+ in dota) most of the time people like "me solo mid" procceeding to feed 0:4 in 5 minutes or "me jungle" with naix/void/prophet and not coming out for 40 minutes even when teamate needs help one screen away are russians. Of course they know two more english words usually (f u) but other that that, I saw сука so often I had to google it

I dont agree with region lock, but I do agree with each server having its main language(s) for the communication in PUBs. like US english, EU english/german/french, Russia russian, east Asia chineese South America Spanish/Portugeese etc.
    you see, the thing is, with dota it is the same as with any other game i.e. close to 75% of its community are arrogant/noobs/clueless/retards/whatever, and it just happens that russians are more, err, arrogant than the other, typically
    I,for one, like playing with EU bcuz I can and want to, because I still hold my Engrishe skillz in high regards, and because I too bloody dispise arrogant thrashtalkers and noobs.

tl;dr - dont judge a guy by his whereabouts , judge him by his deeds

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    "Hey you're a warlock, are you sure you want Aghanims at 13 minutes?", "yer ofc i do im a nuker lul".
    "Might I suggest some wards instead? They have a riki and nyx, sentry ward would be ide--" "no no refreshers next lul herp derp i'm a carry".
    Hey now, scepter refresher warlock is legit. I wouldn't recommend buying it in place of supporting your team, but I've seen warlock single handedly stop a push 1v5 and kill three people with a 4 RoC bonds air strike.