Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Video of bots in wow.

It's like this every night, just figured i'd share it with all of the people who are unaware of how the 85-89 brackets currently work (especially at night), because there are no botting profiles for any other leveling zones than jade forest.

This shows how many bots there actually are, and also shows how little blizzard care.
    there's been a few bans in US, not a single ban reported on buddyforum since the release of MoP.

PLEASE WATCH THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGW3KZ9cKyI

Is this just because blizzard will lose money, or are they just not able to ban the bots for some other reason? i still haven't seen a single banwave..

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by cetch22 View Post
    This guy knows enough about botters to understand how profiles work and which ones are available. Probably another case of a botter complaining about other people botting

No, i don't personally bot. i've been very close to starting it but i have put too much effort into this account to get it banned, and i realized that if i get banned from wow i will have to find a new game, and since i've already been trying for more than a year (since i still think wow is quite shit) i realized how hard that is gonna be.

I don't bot, but everybody i know does.
    Last edited by mmocf0203e43c2; 2012-11-06 at 09:43 AM.

maybe if it didnt take days to get a single pvp piece legitimately and pvp was balanced we would manually play
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    It's like this every night, just figured i'd share it with all of the people who are unaware of how the 85-89 brackets currently work (especially at night), because there are no botting profiles for any other leveling zones than jade forest.

This shows how many bots there actually are, and also shows how little blizzard care.
    there's been a few bans in US, not a single ban reported on buddyforum since the release of MoP.

PLEASE WATCH THIS:

Is this just because blizzard will lose money, or are they just not able to ban the bots for some other reason? i still haven't seen a single banwave..
    This guy knows enough about botters to understand how profiles work and which ones are available. Probably another case of a botter complaining about other people botting

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why Blizzard has ban in waves instead of asap, soon as one wave is band another wave starts and can roam free for months till the next ban wave.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    maybe if it didnt take days to get a single pvp piece legitimately and pvp was balanced we would manually play
    You have a very good point. first setting foot into BGs after dinging 90 is utterly painful. Dont blame ya. I have no problem with people botting if blizzard will do nothing to combat it and the horrid pvp balance. Over a month since release and no balancing has been put in place other than bug fixes. Everyone and their mom in beta said that hunters/wars/mages were beyond op...

"we"

HEATHEN!

Seriously, I agree though. They seem to have it dead set that the entrance into PvP be 10x harder than the entrance into PvE.

10+ Year Old Account

PLEASE WATCH THIS:

2 questions...

1. Can you PROVE they are bots?
    2. Given the wealth of information you possess on bots what is there to say you dont bot as well?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    >Be a stealth class
    >Leech Honor until geared
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

What are we supposed to see in the clip? I don't know much about bots, so I don't know what I'm supposed to be seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    I don't get why Blizzard has ban in waves instead of asap, soon as one wave is band another wave starts and can roam free for months till the next ban wave.
    Because it gets the previously banned wave of players have time to sit without WoW then decide to buy another copy and start botting again (They have that bot they paid/are paying monthly for, to not use it feels like a waste of money). By the time a few months passes by, the majority that would have bought another WoW already have, then they purge again and wait for the next round of purchases.

Deleted
    Hi I am mostly a PVP player who does pugs (random bgs and world pvp) but I notice that during normal peak hours, either my team or the opposite team is 50% bots. I am playing now at 3AM (Sandy has canceled school the whole week =P ) and see that it's me and one other person, while the rest of the team of bots are stuck under obstacles the whole game (2 people cant report afk apparently) or in a big clump following the same path but stuck at the GY or Objective

Is WoW's subscriptions decreasing so much that Blizzard is forced to keep these subscribers? It seems like you could just check battlegrounds very late in the night and see almost everyone is a bot (the owners most-likely asleep while it bots).

I just don't see the fun in losing because your team doesn't make conscious decisions for objectives and the other team is so handicap that they get stuck at the graveyard. No one ever talks, everyone has a 0-9 KD ratio, most people are clumped together because of the bot profiles are too similar. :S
    Contradictory?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    2 questions...

1. Can you PROVE they are bots?
    2. Given the wealth of information you possess on bots what is there to say you dont bot as well?
    All the information he provides can be found on the botsite itself without being registered or paying anything.
    It's fairly simple to figure out who's a bot and who's not.

If they are stuck, they will usually grab onto you and /follow
    In isle, they will usually use the teleporter even though the door is open
    Follow the exact same pattern, like on the screenshot because they are using the same profile (Or like some of us call it, the Bot Ball)
    Follow a gridlike pattern and only differ slightly from eachother.

Eye of storm.
    They will run up the hills to the base, then do a complete 180 degree turn after a few secs and proceed to the other side. They might occasionally go for the flag

Strand of the ancients.
    Thunder/typhoon them off the docking bay and watch how they will swim underwater until they reach their waypoint, in which case they will have a seizure down there and go back and forth jumping because they can't reach it.

I levelled during the 85-89 bracket with my boomkin and oh my god, it was so obvious that there's no profile for normal levelling because all the botting is going on in the bg's there. Teams were consisting of atleast 50% bots or more, way above half in big ones like IOC/AV (Like his video) and that was any time of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by cetch22 View Post
    I can't speak for the OP, but that's hardly conclusive evidence. For myself, I do take part in a community (you probably know which one, it's name comes up a lot around here, but it's also against the rules to name).

It has Botting, Hacking, Scamming, ect boards. I take part in the gold making board, which is all legit discussions on gold making strategies. Cross board "contamination" happens, you tend to learn a lot about the hacking and botting things without doing it yourself.

Plus, it always pays off to know which HB profiles are current and active, because then you know what parts of the economy the bots are going to conquer, and you stay the hell away from those parts or else you never make a profit.

single ban reported on buddyforum since the release of MoP.
    Well, thats not true.

Quote Originally Posted by mswhiskerson View Post
    Contradictory?
    cant beat em join em 8-)
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Well somebody probably already stated it but it's money. Even if we'd assume for now that Blizzard actually would be telling the truth with most botting being done on compromised accounts which ofc is a lot of bs but it costs actually money to investigate all those cases while getting a ban wave through for public satisfaction is just so much cheaper and still very effective judging by the numbers of imbeciles posting something along the lines of "serves them right" on the official forums.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Well somebody probably already stated it but it's money. Even if we'd assume for now that Blizzard actually would be telling the truth with most botting being done on compromised accounts which ofc is a lot of bs but it costs actually money to investigate all those cases while getting a ban wave through for public satisfaction is just so much cheaper and still very effective judging by the numbers of imbeciles posting something along the lines of "serves them right" on the official forums.
    Break the bot program and instead of manually banning each bot. Removes all the botters for awhile using that program.
    Ban everyone that bots and they will be back with another bot.

Blizzard is doing both but it is more effective to break the bot program vs banning everyone running the bot
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Break the bot program and instead of manually banning each bot. Removes all the botters for awhile using that program.
    Ban everyone that bots and they will be back with another bot.

Blizzard is doing both but it is more effective to break the bot program vs banning everyone running the bot
    They cannot just permanently break a bot program. Do you think bots are just addons like AVR that they change a few function calls in the UI and suddenly it doesn't work ever again?

As long as WoW uses addressed RAM and with non-random calls (Which every single software does), there is nothing that can or will ever stop a program from hooking and reading memory write calls/injecting commands. They can change the calls to slow down a development, but most bot developers are going to change the functions within a day or 2 at best, because they too have a client base paying for their service.

Windows 8 does a bit to randomize the writes and calls and it slows things down a bit, but even that doesn't stop memory hooking at all, plenty of windows/software hacks are already running on Windows 8, so even memory randomization won't stop it, and it's not like they're going to force every WoW player to use Windows 8 to stop it if it did.

This is because they can use the information from that one botter to find other botters. At least that is what they says.

Quote Originally Posted by Preston Maxtor View Post
    They cannot just permanently break a bot program. Do you think bots are just addons like AVR that they change a few function calls in the UI and suddenly it doesn't work ever again?

As long as WoW uses addressed RAM and with non-random calls (Which every single software does), there is nothing that can or will ever stop a program from hooking and reading memory write calls/injecting commands. They can change the calls to slow down a development, but most bot developers are going to change the functions within a day or 2 at best, because they too have a client base paying for their service.

Windows 8 does a bit to randomize the writes and calls and it slows things down a bit, but even that doesn't stop memory hooking at all, plenty of windows/software hacks are already running on Windows 8, so even memory randomization won't stop it, and it's not like they're going to force every WoW player to use Windows 8 to stop it if it did.
    Finally someone that know what he is talking about.
    I also stumble across how bot work by accident. I used to thought they use win32api to control mouse movement and keystroke with screen input from driver.
    By the way, he never said permanently. He just said they keep breaking bot program.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2012-11-06 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Preston Maxtor View Post
    Which is why always instantly banning would be the only solution - trying to make it not financially viable due to bans and people permanently losing access to the chars that were used to bot. Even those lawsuits don't do shit or does anyone actually believe the person behind the mentioned forum and corresponding bot cares the slightest bit for it ?