Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

In pug scenarios, ever feel like ...

...your sole purpose there is to carry the other two?

I like dpsing scenarios, and this isn't about whether or not scenarios suck. I play a plate character, and every time I get grouped with non-plates (even with one other plate), I become the de facto 'tank'. They follow me everywhere, wait for my pull, etc. Very rarely do I get queued with someone who heals, so most of the time I am trying to keep myself up (because aggro never leaves me) and do tank stuff. And still end up doing most of the work in clearing the scenario.

I tank 5-mans. When I queue for scenarios, I want a 'role-less' group, dammit. I got queued into a group once with two other plate wearers, and that was a joy. Aggro was shared, and sometimes we'd split up and take care of our own different groups. It was so quick and pleasant.

My guildmate isn't 90 yet, so we can't queue with her yet.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would just stop using AoE and let the mobs run to them. Just single target and I'm sure one of the other idiots will be stupid enough to cleave and get aggro.

You could even make a game out of it to amuse yourself, cause I can't see any other form of entertainment in those wretched scenarios. /opinion
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

As an ele shaman in scenarios (wearing resto gear of course because Ele is just there for quests), I love it when the plate classes gather up the threat so we can freely burn them down. Between guidance and clearcasted Surges. If the plate class doesn't immediately take up that mantle within the first pull or two, I'll just start pulling whatever I want.

The absolute worst is when there's a prot pally or an actual healer in the group. That's the only time I ever feel like I'm "carrying"; scenarios allow you to DPS-zerg everything so let's do that! :P

Rathalir Emberlight of the Crystal Desert realm

that's pretty much the main reason i always heal in scenarios. so melee than can tank can without having to worry. from what i've seen it speeds it up a lot when they get aoe happy knowing they have a healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

I do feel like this sometimes, but I allow myself to be put into the position because, as a BM hunter, I voluntarily take the healing, tanking, and DPS role with my Spirit Beast in scenarios.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I do feel like this sometimes, but I allow myself to be put into the position because, as a BM hunter, I voluntarily take the healing, tanking, and DPS role with my Spirit Beast in scenarios.
    I wish all hunters were like that. I only ever see BM hunters (did they remove SV and MM from the game? >.>), and first thing they do is misdirect to .... dun dun dunnn.... me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Tricks to the player with the highest HP (except myself), and still end up with aggro (forcing me to Recoup), but I don't feel like I'm carrying the group. I let one of the other players do the pulling.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Did they fix the issue where some jerk could AFK in the middle of the scenario and you can't kick em? I hated that crap and havnt done one since.

Deleted
    All the time. Not trying to sound smug here, but when I join a scenario, I usually dominate it. My dps goes through the roof and I'm tanking all of it. The other two just get to sit back and watch, which is rather annoying. But I didn't expect much else, since scenario's are pretty much the most casual thing, you've got to expect a lot of bads.

As a paladin who goes in ret I realize I become the tank with Righteous Fury, the DPS with my sick burst / aoe capabilities, and the Healer with my Selfless healer talent, WoGs and the small Holy Lights..

I stopped doing scenarios after day 3.. Because I can't stand doing 30k more DPS than everyone (With greens and a healing pair of bracers, DEd my DPS ones lol) and having to heal / tank everything... Sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    I stopped doing scenarios after day 3.. Because I can't stand doing 30k more DPS than everyone (With greens and a healing pair of bracers, DEd my DPS ones lol) and having to heal / tank everything... Sucks.
    Plus the fact that it only has about a 10% chance to give you a piece of blue 463 gear that you may already have better in that slot. LFG is better pre-LFR for VP gain.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

I actually had the other two people in the only scenario I've done quit because they couldn't figure out what to do lol. I finished it by myself and got guild credit for it because I was the only one there

Deleted
    recently got grouped with 2 holy priests.
    as a shadow priest that didn't require healing I literally was soloing it. Having 2 holy priests follow me around is just dumb

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    recently got grouped with 2 holy priests.
    as a shadow priest that didn't require healing I literally was soloing it. Having 2 holy priests follow me around is just dumb
    Didn't feel like telling them to Smite stuff?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

i recently ran theramore with a ret paly and me as enh shaman, the other guy left straight away, we died once, we shared aggro, and we had a blast

not a word was said between us

my other 90, BM hunter, i misdirect to my spirit beast, and keep growl on, and yeah i feel like im carrying those times on my hunter
    I see Stupid people!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzumzah View Post
    Did they fix the issue where some jerk could AFK in the middle of the scenario and you can't kick em? I hated that crap and havnt done one since.
    I think this is in 5.1, sadly.

I've yet to do the scenarios... but assuming by reading the posts here why can't I just solo them instead of carry people...
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    I wish all hunters were like that. I only ever see BM hunters (did they remove SV and MM from the game? >.>), and first thing they do is misdirect to .... dun dun dunnn.... me.
    I always run as MM in scenarios because I still use it as my soloing spec. I realized after the first few that I wasnt going to get healed and unless you spec into it, hunters have 0 healing. Oh and unless I can MD to my pet a lot I pull aggro all the time.

I have been with some warlocks and their voidwalkers. Its pretty funny watching our pets fight for aggro.

10+ Year Old Account
    As warrior i dont really care toping dps, doing the tanking
    making everyone moving faster is pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Nope other two specs are there but everybody wanted a piece of the broken pvp that was/is in game. They feel that they finally are at the rating they "deserve" because of the supposed skill... /snicker
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-11-06 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Post restored after mistakenly changing it
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...