Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Currently I'm concerned they may throw Vereesa too far over the edge that one of the few High Elf leaders may wind up going rogue or maybe even so far that we may need to attack or confront her.
    I wondered if perhaps one of the voices in the Skyglaive event audio was hers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    I believe the mute aspect of Vol'jin is only going to be prevalent in the novel. I recall Stackpole discussing it briefly during the Q&A vid at the NYC Comic Con. To paraphrase, he was asked he was dealing with the troll accent, and his was response was that since Vol'jin was getting stabbed in the throat, he'd be vocally mute and would have to relearn how to speak again. He emphasized with one of the other guys that was with him (actually there were two others, I just can't remember who they were XD) that he would speak again, but it wouldn't be the same. So....I guess Stackpole's gonna cheat a bit. I'm assuming that our run-ins down the line with Vol'jin ('cause we will, they said so) will come after he's recovered more.

As for Anduin, there hasn't been nearly as much released on his side of the story. If Velen's involved in his recovery, I have little doubt he'll get pretty much back to normal. I'll agree with you that he really needs to be involved in knocking more sense into Jaina. From the looks of things, NO ONE is liking where her development is going.

I'm hoping that what we've seen already barely scratches the surface of 5.1, 'cause if not, us lorehounds will be chomping at the bit again in a very short time....and Shadows of the Horde isn't out until mid April.....
    I'm pretty dam certain that was a joke, he was making a joke about the troll accent, nothing serious. why would they make the leader of the trolls with a distinctive troll accent not sound troll like again, right after they got a new voice actor to voice vol'jin?
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I really don't want to see anduin wielding thrall, riding baine to battle
    You don't? I would. I would watch it a hundred times.

I wonder if you can dualwield Thrall with Aggra. Set bonus: +20 to fertility rating.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-11-06 at 08:45 AM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    The Brawler's guild will have a Horde equivalent located in Orgrimmar. If it's not currently active on the PTR, it will be soon.
    Well I'll sadly have to wait until it's added to get rid of my suspicions. Don't get me wrong I know the likelihood is they will get a chain about it. Yet it's one of the first chains you do and it's getting kinda close to the patches release so I'm not sure why it's not in yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    You don't? I would. I would watch it a hundred times.

I wonder if you can dualwield Thrall with Aggra. Set bonus: +20 to fertility rating.
    Duel axes of Thrallo and Aggrao
    Staff of the screaming Jaina
    Chin shield of the Stormwind King
    Longbow of unappreciated elven housewife
    Invisible cloak of Bob
    Strapless Bikini of the undead Hussy
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina is duel wielding Varian's balls in 5.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Currently I'm concerned they may throw Vereesa too far over the edge that one of the few High Elf leaders may wind up going rogue or maybe even so far that we may need to attack or confront her.
    Sorry for being a bit off-topic, but what have we learned of Vereesa that makes you think that? I must have missed it, but I am curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Duel axes of Thrallo and Aggrao
    Staff of the screaming Jaina
    Chin shield of the Stormwind King
    Longbow of unappreciated elven housewife
    Invisible cloak of Bob
    Strapless Bikini of the undead Hussy
    Oh lawdy, I just laughed out loud in the office. Lost it at Bob.

I'm pretty dam certain that was a joke, he was making a joke about the troll accent, nothing serious. why would they make the leader of the trolls with a distinctive troll accent not sound troll like again, right after they got a new voice actor to voice vol'jin?
    Vol'jin with a cockney accent or something could be interesting though on the other hand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    The upcoming Darnassus info to me is a huge letdown. Night Elves made to look like incompetent idiots once again. Humans come to save the day.
    Same here. And this just to make the Alliance a dictatorship of Varian, a blue Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    Sorry for being a bit off-topic, but what have we learned of Vereesa that makes you think that? I must have missed it, but I am curious.
    Ah it's not OT at all .

Here's the quest chain involving her on the PTR - http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=32417
    Basically Vereesa uses the Sunreavers betrayal as an excuse to slaughter them, going as far as to incapacitate their Dragonhawks so they can't escape.
    She's basically going a step too far with how much killing she's doing. Killing those who refuse to be put chains is very borderline acceptable given the circumstances which is what Jaina is doing, Vereesa's just out for blood. I don't blame Vereesa for trying to seek vengeance after the Sunreavers killed her husband and many of her people (Theramore had a noticeable amount of High Elves), but this may be a step too far.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 11:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Same here. And this just to make the Alliance a dictatorship of Varian, a blue Horde.
    The position is the same as SAC, it's not got any political sovereignty over the other races.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-11-06 at 11:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Except, of course, the one big difference, a point thats being jackhammered in to the story;

Leader by admiration (and friendship) / Leader by fear (of repercussion)

My biggest concern is that the Alliance will once again play second fiddle to the Horde. I'm sick of the Alliance story always getting screwed because of Blizz making the Horde one more important. I would like to see the Siege of Ogrimar be decidedly an Alliance victory with Horde playing second string this time.

Let's hope so. Did seem kind of odd to me, but they seemed to say it with a straight face, so... (I can't remember if my internet was being evil and not loading the higher quality version of the vid or not...or if it even existed)... *shrug* My coffee needs to kick in... I think this post makes sense...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    My biggest concern is that the Alliance will once again play second fiddle to the Horde. I'm sick of the Alliance story always getting screwed because of Blizz making the Horde one more important. I would like to see the Siege of Ogrimar be decidedly an Alliance victory with Horde playing second string this time.
    Meh so far what we've got and seen seems fine tbh. The only problem I see that isn't simple scepticism is that they need to diversify the Alliance's heroes that are involved.

Not a concern for 5.1 so much as a concern for the entire ongoing plot: Will there be an era of "we're sorry" for the Horde?

Another concern: Will Aggra not die at some point during this plotline?

I wish I knew more about what was going on in 5.1

It seems like another silly Alliance / Horde battle over nothing. Boring, but hopefully some good dailies or new dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    The upcoming Darnassus info to me is a huge letdown. Night Elves made to look like incompetent idiots once again. Humans come to save the day.
    After an entire expansion highlighting this, the fact it continues in MoP isn't remotely surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Not a concern for 5.1 so much as a concern for the entire ongoing plot: Will there be an era of "we're sorry" for the Horde?

Another concern: Will Aggra not die at some point during this plotline?
    Oh shit son. Now there's Thrall's big red berserk button. Watch yourself, Garrosh.

Oh, even better! Aggra can die during the Orgrimmar upheaval.. riots against Garrosh.

And then we'll have;

Varian's wife Tiffin dies during the Stormwind riots, caused by bad political decisions and intruige.
    Thrall's wife Aggra dies during the Orgrimmar riots, caused by bad political decisions and intruige.

AND THEN THEY CAN ALL BE LIKE 'I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL BRO'.

And

and

nngghh

Deleted
    The position is the same as SAC, it's not got any political sovereignty over the other races.
    Only one problem. Varian already is SAC, this is why those bulletin board quests come from him for example even if you're in Darnassus. This is why in Wolfheart he made the tactic for pushing the Horde back. Giving him the title of Supreme Allied Commander wouldn't bug me as much.

However, High King. A High King is a king above all. It's not an allied commander, it's the king of all. It's like Ulfric in Skyrim. Above all the thanes, not equal. Above all the alliance leaders, not equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Except, of course, the one big difference, a point thats being jackhammered in to the story;

Leader by admiration (and friendship) / Leader by fear (of repercussion)
    Thrall led by admiration and friendship.