Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    Source? I haven't seen a word about this anywhere, and one would expect that if this had been datamined it would have been on the front page (which it hasn't).

So again, source?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ampening+field

Cutting Edge Achievements
    One of the blue posts tonight mentioned the new Cutting Edge achievements, which are awarded from doing an encounter without a debuff similar to the on active in Dragon Soul. These will be unavailable after a new tier of raids is introduced, and new achievements for the new raid tier will be added.
    Mogu'shan Vaults: Dampening Field
    Heart of Fear: Klaxxi Resonance
    Terrace of Endless Spring: Ritual of Purification

I doubt anything like that will be implemented until the next tier is available. Since 5.1 doesn't contain any raid content I say you will be waiting quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Good luck finding 9 other people that want to raid Normal "hard" mode.
    There's a Feat of Strength for it now, so that might not be so difficult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    I fucking hope never. Anyway, blizzard only does the nerfs on the final tier of content.

Please dont fucking nerf the content blizzard oh god I havent had so much fun doing prog in ages.
    Just because they've only done it for last tier raids, doesn't mean they will only do it for last tier raids :P

OT: Tbh i don't think MSV needs a nerf (in fact i am against nerfing current content, unless it takes 6 months till the next tier), maybe when the next tiers out and give people a feat for doing it pre nerf :P

The buff is fine, its needed so everyone can experience the heroic content, AT SOME POINT.

In addition, as the debate with/without buff kills is quite popular, wowprogress can easily add the Cutting Edge achievements as more points than a simple heroic kill which also has a kill.

This way a guild that killed it with cutting edge will be ranked higher than a guild that killed it with buff, which will show who the best of the guilds are.

you shouldnt need a nerf for current content. especially not this early.... it should be nerfed when t15 comes out, if its to get nerfed.

Given that the traditional run time for a tier of content is on average about 6 months and we're only a little over a month into the content, I don't expect it to be up soon. They haven't even released Terrace yet. Expect the content to go through close to half of its life cycle before they start nerfing.

Thanks to a slow start and hurricane related power outages, my guild will only be spending our third night in MSV tonight, so I'd like to have a few more shots at it before the nerfing kicks in.

They will nerf it, get over yourselves. If you've cleared all of it on heroic already then you have nothing to complain about.

If you guys are so amazing and awesome-like and you TRULY despise the buff then turn the damn thing off.

(Everyone knows you won't)

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    The %-system is a good one, but only later on to give struggling guilds who are 1 tier behind a little nudge.

In my guild we can only raid 2 nights per week. We enjoy the slow progression for now and could do without the buff, but I won't complain if it hits live.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2012-11-05 at 10:38 PM.

I think once an instance gets nerfed from that point on everyone who steps foot into the raid gets NERF gear. It'll all be plastic and foam pads, even the boss's weapons and gear will look look like the old TV show American gladiatiors. Tennis balls will be flying everywhere! You'll have some uber buff chick named Storm cme into raid and scare the mess out of all the little boys. Then when the fights is over, kill or not, everyone will get a ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    I doubt anything like that will be implemented until the next tier is available. Since 5.1 doesn't contain any raid content I say you will be waiting quite some time.
    Does anyone that say itll only come next tier even consider how completly ilogical the feat of strenght for doing the content whithotu the debuf would be if it were true ? Think the feat of strenght become sunavalibale next tier, them why in hell would you need them if the debufs would only come once next tier hits ? They would read something like "Defeat heroic Will of the emperor before the enxt tier of raiding" instead of "Defeat heroic Will of the Emperor whithout Dampening Field being active" like it does now.

The evidences all point that progressive raidwide debufs will be happening this tier and every other tier form now so just try to conform yourselves if you dont like the debufs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    The %-system is a good one, but only later on to give struggling guilds who are 1 tier behind a little nudge.

In my guild we can only raid 2 nights per week. We enjoy the slow progression for now and could do without the buff, but I won't complain if it hits live.
    Pretty much this, my guild only has time to raid 6 hours a week, ppl focus on the skill thing too much, sometimes its just a time issue (you forget top guilds are about way more tham just skill, raiding 20+ hours a week has an influence on anyones progression), we mostly get 1 new boss down per raid day so 2 new bosses down per week (in average) and we didnt start raiding till 2 weeks ago cause ppl didnt have that much time so it took awhile to lv up and gear (make no mistake tought everyoen is egared, enchanted, gemmed and reforged and know how to play theyre clases well). Obviously when you reach certain heroic bosses you need more tham just 3 hours of pratice to get trough them and for those bosses the debuf would come in super handy for a guild like mine, so maybe instead of needing 2 full weeks on the boss we can do it in 1, and so we can actualy end up clearing the whole tier going 32/32 before the next tier comes.

Guilds like mine with moderate to good skilled players but with not that much time to raid (5-10 hours of raid time per week) are the majority believe it or not and those are the guilds benefited the most by this debuf the and exactly the ones blizz is aiming for. The top tier guilds will already have cleared everything before debufs they could care less about them, the real bad and screwed up guilds wont clear the content even if you debuf it 700%, the debuf doesnt matter to them either (remember most guilds didnt clear heroic DS even with a 35% debuf). The majority of the guids however, the mid tier ones, will welcome these debufs and have alot of fun progressing in theyre own pace trought the content like they like to do. Thats exactly what blizz si aming for (and managed to achiev in DS imo).
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2012-11-06 at 12:26 AM.

for me mogushan was nerved by 20 % by upgrading from ilvl 460 to 480.

Just make an instant kill button and ppl can skip this.. If they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamass View Post
    I disagree with the % based system being a problem...
    But i hope they will keep their hands off it for a good amount of months..

Maybe release it 1~2 months before next tier so less progressive guilds can wrap up the tier and play catch-up.
    Just keep it FAR away from my own progression please!!!
    Which would mean they'd have to implement 5% every week until the next patch.

So after 8 weeks, 30%.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have a 5% nerf weekly than a 30% flat out nerf. It was one of the more depressing things to just clear 6/7h in firelands after getting beth'tilac down to have it nerfed the very next week. It just made the whole thing feel cheap.
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    I fucking hope never. Anyway, blizzard only does the nerfs on the final tier of content.

Please dont fucking nerf the content blizzard oh god I havent had so much fun doing prog in ages.
    Did you play last expansion at all? They nerfed every single tier of content.

not sure if bwd/bot/tot4w got globally nerfed actually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Why sure it does. It's been a whole month since releasing a new expansion. Everyone who isn't 6/6H by now obviously *needs* it. In fact, let's skip 5% and go straight to 50 - you can turn it off, after all.
    Why stop there? Why not go straight to 99% nerf, or just an instant kill button infront of the boss.

You don't have to use it, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no reason to nerf current content. I honestly hope they never nerf it, but if they are going to at least wait till 5.2.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 05:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Why stop there? Why not go straight to 99% nerf, or just an instant kill button infront of the boss.

You don't have to use it, right?

I wish this site had a like button for posts like yours. I'd click it in an instant.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    not sure if bwd/bot/tot4w got globally nerfed actually.
    Normal modes were globally nerfed. Heroics were untouched beyond the initial tweaking, but it was done on case by case basis.