Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanji View Post
    more stupid "getting ganked in a pvp realm post"
    the argument "dont role a pvp server if you dont want to get ganked and killed" is bullshit, players can never pvp (like myself) , they just go to the pvp realm because their guild is there they cant help it. ganking low levels should be monitored and if it continues to happen to the same player the ganker should be instantly gm killed over and over for 20 mins or so to see how they like it.
    If you go to another country to work, you learn that country's language.

If you go to a pvp realm to play, you don't complain about pvp happening.

I too went to a PVP realm (Burning Steppes) back on TBC after my hiatus, because all my friends had moved there. I hated pvp, only really enjoyed questing, dungeons and raids. You know the saying "if you can't beat them, join them"? That worked.
    Last edited by Azgraal; 2012-11-06 at 02:23 AM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people constantly confuse ganking and camping?

Ganking is the high level swooping out of the skies, one shotting you, and then continuing along his merry way.

Camping is that high level asshole that stays there and waits for you to res, killing you each time until you either rage quit or spirit res.

Ganking is perfectly acceptable on PvP servers, and in my opinion, so is camping someone of equivalent level.

The "Internet Bullies" are the high level asshole that camp lowbies.

If you're level 90 and you're complaining about being camped, get over it, find friends, gear up, or just get straight up better at the game.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

People want things to be fair and/or in their favour. Back in the day of EQ people would wait for someone to get ready, then /point and /bow and ask if they were /ready before engaging in PVP - because losing a good reputation was the kiss of death as far as loot was concerned, plus the communities were small back then, and you couldn't easily move.

People move to servers for friends or raiding, and are accustomed to getting their way, being catered to, being able to mount up or fly away or just wait out trouble. When this doesn't work they get mad.

Good thing they get mad. Otherwise ganking wouldn't be much fun. It's all about the emotional response.

Deleted
    I've been playing this game since virtually day one and I've never heard anyone call another person an "internet bully" for PvP server ganking.

The way I see it, you're either pulling this out of your ass or I've missed something. Could be both.

Then again, I've come to accept weird and possibly flamebating threads by Jaylock. They pop up all the time after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Farming certain ores / herbs / leathers in a low level area for the sake of AH profits and killing lowbies at the same time = priceless
    It's not surprising at all you would find this behavior "priceless". Going by what you post here, it's not difficult to grasp the level of immaturity your mentality holds.

I wish there were a way to have you read the nonsense you post here day in and day out when you grow up to see if you find it silly then.

And weren't you banned? Are bans here not permanent?

Deleted
    After lurking for years I made an account to post in this thread.
    I have been playing on a PvP server since vanilla. Over the years my server has become Alliance dominated, ratio is 1 to 7. For me as a Horde this EP did not feel at all like venturing into an unexplored world, every town or questhub or questzone, no matter how remote, is filled with red plates, the balance on my server is gone.
    PvP is a joke, atm on my server it is not about being skilled in PvP, it is about outnumbering.

Also, there are the gangs of ranged players that will stand on top of a statue or whatnot in busy daily quest hubs and just 1 shot you with the 6 of them while you cant even touch them. And not just a few times, there are several gangs of them who will camp the busy spots during peak hours, from 19:00-22:00, every single day.
    In my opnion this has nothing to do anymore with PvP, and these are not isolated cases, atleast not on my server.

I really do think that 99% of the "go to a PvE server if you dont want to PvP" sayers are not playing on these highly unbalanced servers. Since Pandaria I have not had one single 1 vs 1 battle, not one single one. And you cant have world PvP when the players are simply not there.

Funny thing is that since a few weeks I have had Alliance players making a char and whisper me saying like "hey sorry, we were having a good battle but then these other guys came and jumped in but I didnt ask them to" etc. So it is even starting to bother them.

I dont think Blizzard designed the server system/PvP system 7 years ago thinking it would be "ok" if ratios of 7 to 1 would happen, and tbh, I think the whole server system is outdated. With friend ID, LFD, LFR, cross server BGs etc. who really is still interacting with his/her server?
    There must be some better system they can think of, but I can also understand they would rather have me pay for faction and/or server changes so yea.

TLDR:
    PvP is not fun when you are constantly outnumberd,
    PvP is not fun when you are a live shooting target for unreachable attackers,
    PvP is not fun when it doesnt matter whatsoever how good or bad you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    Carebears, roll a pve server.
    WoW PvP is the textbook definition of carebear, so I'm not sure what this statement is all about.

What is wrong with people? You have options in wow of rolling pve or pvp, as SOON as you accept pvp, you are liable to be ganked, griefed and camped. Period. If you dont want that liability, roll pve. I gank lowbies and camp areas repeatedly, why? because I can. I dont feel bad ass but knowing that people are probably raging on the other end is classic. And if you log over to whine, expect it to be ONLY you in the zone who is camped.

Why would it make you feel good to make people rage?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Then its their own dumb fuck stupidity for rolling on a PVP server. The same thing happens on FPS games where players have been playing longer and have better upgrades. you knew the risk of of playing on a PVP server when you roll on one. if people cant stand being one shot by people of much higher levels then they either go get a main character and fight back, or they log off the game for a while.

you wouldn't go onto a BF3 forum and complain that someone one shot you as a newbie. you just pick yourself up and get on with it.
    You have an actual chance to fight back on the BF3 forums, you don't have such an chance as an level 1-80 against an level 90. Untill level 60 you don't even have a chance to eventually escape because it's an 60-100% ground mount against an 310% flying mount with guild bonus.

By your logic nobody should roll on a PvP server, because they can't expect to actually be able to play the game aside from becoming fodder for people to bad to gank people their own level. Because that's one of the main reasons why people go after low levels or run around in large groups, because they're bad and are likely to lose an even remotely fair fight.
    If everyone acted as you did all this would do is to kill of the new player wishing to join the PvP community, therefore taking away the constant stream of new players to replace old ones who left thus eventually killing the PvP community simply because old players leave while hardly any new ones would join due to them being unable to do so.

You're playing on the side with the longer queue times, you're going out in the world to kill low level chars leveling? Congratulations, you're actively contributing to making the queue time even longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Sounds like you have been ganked a few times lol.

OT: You can always ask your guild to roll a pve server, or how did you find your guild in the first place? Oh yeah thats right, because you rolled a PvP server knowing the consequences of such choices. Get real man.
    I agree with all of what you are saying but the manner in which you are saying it makes me think you're pretty much retarded, or very young. Possibly both.

Deleted
    What is wrong with people? You have options in wow of rolling pve or pvp, as SOON as you accept pvp, you are liable to be ganked, griefed and camped. Period. If you dont want that liability, roll pve. I gank lowbies and camp areas repeatedly, why? because I can. I dont feel bad ass but knowing that people are probably raging on the other end is classic. And if you log over to whine, expect it to be ONLY you in the zone who is camped.

Why do i have this feeling that you fly away when you see them bring their mains?

Killing anyone from the other faction one, regardless of their level, is okay. They are the enemy afterall.
    But if you engage a low-level player and after killing him one, you do it over and over again, that is not my idea of pvp and I would call it bullying.

bul·ly 1 (bl)
    n. pl. bul·lies

1. A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thus constantly farming a lower lvl player is indeed an act of been a 'bully'

Or a group of same lvl players constantly killing the same level player would also be bullying as the victim in question is/are 'weaker' in numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you really need to start another thread on the same exact topic again, Jaylock? You attention hog.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    People are throwing around the term bully way too freely here.

I quite liked being on a pvp sever previously, but now and then you do come across the kind of player that will corpse camp your new level 20 with a max level char which sucks the fun dry.

Deleted
    If you're being corpsecamped, then here's what you should try:

Go back to your corpse, but do not resurrect. Click log out, and you'll get the 20 second countdown. Once the countdown goes down to 1 second, resurrect. You'll resurrect and immediately log out.

If you did it right, the camper may not even have seen you logging out. All they know is that you have ressed, and you're nowhere to be found. Do something else for a couple minutes. Chances are the camper will get bored staring at empty ground knowing you're not there as a ghost, since your corpse is gone. They'll be camping all alone, and that's no fun.

If you log out as a corpse, then they won't know whether you've logged out or are still waiting as a ghost. If, however, you do as mentioned above, they'll know for a fact you've resurrected, and you're long gone.

What you most definitely should not do is resurrect and allow the camper to kill you again. That'll just fan the flames. Especially if you make the mistake of doing an emote at the camper.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I used the be bullied back in Middle School so now I take it out on random people on my PvP-server.

Seems reasonable enough to me?

It's not like I can go and bully people IRL as that would just be mean.

I think killing lowbies and dragon slayers is being a bully. Why don't you go find a 90 to ganked because most of the people killing low levels are normally poorly geared and bad. I don't mind world pvp, I can kill most of the people that attack me but, I hate when a shaman in full pve gear is being killed by some pvp geared warrior because of gear. Thats just makes the warrior a huge scrub in my eyes.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Deleted
    Yes, gankers are usually internet bullies. Talking about those who camp or go to lowbie areas, and spam /lol and /spit. However, you kinda agree to be a victim when you choose a pvp realm, so whining is pointless, tbh.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    I used the be bullied back in Middle School so now I take it out on random people on my PvP-server.
    Yes, contributing to the circle of hatred is really reasonable.