Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

brawlers guild. why is gold the entrance requirement on day 1?

think about it, even if it isnt instanced, there are a number of ways they could have slowly let people in. whether it's by raid accomplishments, challenge mode scores, and so on, there are several possibilities to allow entry without gold...so why let member #1 be some random guy with a ton of gold to burn?

a guild can pool gold and secure all the invites if they so desire. or crowd the ah and harass people, if you are vodka. then they can choose to only give them to guildies, or (and this will happen) sell invitations. which essentially makes this invite an investment, and not so much about doing the pve content.

is this really the best way to handle letting people in slowly? there are people who havent step foot in a raid when it was relevant, who will get first dibs merely because they have the gold. is that fair?

Deleted
    What's fair got to do with choosing a method for the sole purpose of throttling new content from the majority of players? All of the alternatives you have listed and any others may come up with would just be equally unfair. And I think you answered your own question with "a ton of gold to burn".

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    What's fair got to do with choosing a method for the sole purpose of throttling new content from the majority of players? All of the alternatives you have listed and any others may come up with would just be equally unfair. And I think you answered your own question with "a ton of gold to burn".
    the items on the BMAH are the gold sink, CONTENT shouldnt be a gold sink, it should be accessible to everyone.

this is like skipping all mop reps to exalted, for gold. not fair to those of us who arent gold capped yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more curious about how does a player invite another player. If I buy a ticket can I go around inviting people freely? Do either of us have to do anything else other than just say "come along buddy"?

Deleted
    brawlers guild. why is gold the entrance requirement on day 1?

Because some game designer got bribed by the gold sellers to boost their sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    the items on the BMAH are the gold sink, CONTENT shouldnt be a gold sink, it should be accessible to everyone.

this is like skipping all mop reps to exalted, for gold. not fair to those of us who arent gold capped yet.
    Content shouldn't be accessible to everyone. Content should be accessible to those who want to put forth the effort to do it.

My suggestion? Make brawler's invites require all reps in MoP at exalted.

Deleted

You are preaching to the converted here, but when Blizzard made the design choice to not make the Brawler's Guild instanced they had to think of a way to stop a thousand players flocking to it at the same time and invitations was the throttling mechanism they decided upon. It doesn't matter if they are awarded for high realm scores in Challenge modes or raid accomplishments; any method of picking one sub section of the players over the majority is by definition unfair which was my point. It really does depend on how this trickles down, but getting upset over the invites being handed out for gold and not some other arbitrary reason isn't the answer when the thing you are really upset over is the fact that Blizzard have to do it this way because they didnt make it instanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read somewhere once you are in the guild you can invite 10 people. So things the brawlers guild can grow fairly quickly. And if you can use them on your cross realm buddies it will be hard for big guilds to control them because all you need is have someone on a low pop realm buy one then send it you and it will spread. So while gold may be an initial barrier it should be gone with in a couple of months I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Because some game designer got bribed by the gold sellers to boost their sales.
    Essentially what this comes down too.

But more than likely Blizzard is looking to see if RMT can work in WoW. Using ingame gold is the first step. Blizzard has learned after the RealID fiasco to do things in baby steps as it's below the radar. This black market only exists for this reason, because RMT items will have similar price tags. Ties into the DiabloIII market, too.

All in tiny steps, but all coming to you.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Content shouldn't be accessible to everyone. Content should be accessible to those who want to put forth the effort to do it.

i surely hope not this will happen.

i am 1 of those many ppl who r not doing those silly stupid boring shit crap daily quests that i hate soo much after doing 3 xpacks with daily shit quests, that made me promise myself to never do any daily shit grind again. its plain boring.
    nothing hard about it. it is just a grind every single day.

this brawlers guild thing is 1 of the things i am looking farward to it, and willing to spend gold on it. even if it will cost me 10k+ ill get 1 asap
    i like the way blizz is doing right now. yes it cost gold, but gold is very easy to get.
    Last edited by Frizzlewits; 2012-11-06 at 11:02 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Why should had it been some random guy who just raids a lot? Or why should had it been some random guy who just cleared all challenges?

Deleted
    think about it, even if it isnt instanced, there are a number of ways they could have slowly let people in. whether it's by raid accomplishments, challenge mode scores, and so on, there are several possibilities to allow entry without gold...so why let member #1 be some random guy with a ton of gold to burn?

a guild can pool gold and secure all the invites if they so desire. or crowd the ah and harass people, if you are vodka. then they can choose to only give them to guildies, or (and this will happen) sell invitations. which essentially makes this invite an investment, and not so much about doing the pve content.

is this really the best way to handle letting people in slowly? there are people who havent step foot in a raid when it was relevant, who will get first dibs merely because they have the gold. is that fair?
    Selling it for gold isn't fair but gating it through raid accomplishments or challenge mode scores would be? The 2 things you suggest are something some people might never get this expansion. At least with gold everyone has the opportunity to farm enough for it, or to get it over time.

What does people not having set foot in a content relevant raid have to do with any part of the brawler's guild?

Deleted

that depends how you define effort, people should not be punished for having a busy real life.

I do like how naive blizzard are being with this just expecting invites to filter down from those who got them first day for a lot of gold from the bmah.....no whats really going to happen is said invites will end up being sold for a lot of gold and then onwards in that fashion where they will be used in the manner of a high level boe epic. More then likly I cannot see anyone who isnt stupidly rich being able to afford one of these for a long long time, first because of the high bmah price then the high prices players will charge to tag on to there invites.

Its almost as if mitt romneys running blizzard for the week.......`muhahaha only the rich shall recieve the rewards` haha
    Last edited by mmocd06d636042; 2012-11-06 at 11:14 AM.

Deleted

Not everyone raids or does challenge modes, brawler's guild is meant for just about anyone to enter. Also there is no need for a guild to pool up gold, it's enough for one member to enter, then that person can invite as many as he wants.

From a tank that likes to solo old raid bosses, (even if i have to go ret for the occasional one), I really really want into the brawlers guild. However if I don't get in on day 1 I'm not going to be upset. 5.1 is bring lots of changes. I might actually start doing some dailies on some of my alts. I'll start grinding the new reps etc.

Would I love to be the first player on the realm to get the achieves.... sure I would, but even if i got the first invite from the BMAH, I doubt i'll have the time to chain queue to get that realm first anyway. So lets look at how long it'll take to get in.

Day 1 - 10 on the BMAH - lets say i'm priced out so don't get these.
    Day 2 - 10 more on the BMAH and 0-10 players that got one on day 1 selling 0-10 each for gold in /trade
    Day 3 - 10 more on the BMAH and 0-110 players that got one on day 1or 2 selling 0-10 each for gold in /trade
    Day 4 - 10 more on the BMAH and 0-1110 players that got one on day 1-3 selling 0-10 each for gold in /trade
    etc.

Even if people try to be tight, these things will leak out. I reckon a couple weeks tops for the price of a ticket in trade to be in the hundreds of gold at most.

Now it's possible of course that on some servers one guild *might* try and get all the tickets for a while. And this might delay the whole process for a few days.

Yes days - How long will be be in a single guilds interest to spend 10s or 100s of thousands of gold to keep these away from the general realm populace - especially when they could and probably will ensure everyone in their guild gets one in hte first day or 3?

So am I slighty frustrated that I probably won't get one of these day 1? Sure I am, but nothing more than slightly frustrated. I'm sure I'll get one within a week or two, and won't be paying very much for it either.

So unless you think everything in life should be easy for everyone to get day one every time... I suggest you sit back, chill a little, and wait the few days until these things are cheap..

If on the other hand you really really really want the realm first... Well then the price of that is spending a load on the BMAH, and a good solid grind through the ranks - Good luck to you. If you're that person, then I suspect you may even see this route that Blizzard are taking as a good thing since it will reduce your competition on day 1.

I agree, but this would be like making sinestra spawn, by putting 1000000 gold into a dragon shaped piggybank.

nothing here is earned/progressed towards, its just gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally plan on buying thousands of the rotten fruit in hopes I will ruin peoples attempts until I can get in myself, so I don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Not everyone raids or does challenge modes, brawler's guild is meant for just about anyone to enter.
    Not everyone wants to do Brawler's Guild, but raids and dungeons are meant for just about anyone to enter.
    That particular sentence can be flipped in so many different ways...

Yep, long gone are the days of the 1%'ers who got to see end game content, now everyone can see it.
    Gold is the great equalizer. You don't need a 2k gaming computer to make gold, nor a BiS raid geared toon.
    People will pay what they want to pay if they want something bad enough...
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Why should had it been some random guy who just raids a lot? Or why should had it been some random guy who just cleared all challenges?
    it doesnt have to be, but letting the first few people in should be based on merit. also, if it was that way, people couldnt put a stranglehold on invites for the first few weeks.

the individual who buys the very first invitation might not even do pve content, or do the fights at all. they will be too busy figuring out a starting price to sell invites for.

the first few invites should go to people who have proven in some way that they belong. and then these people can invite other people, and it goes on and on. problem with a gold invite, is people will turn this into a market. one player with well over 1mil gold, can monopolize the guild. and as such, invites will be INCREDIBLY expensive the first week.
    Last edited by Moradim; 2012-11-06 at 11:19 AM.

Oh.. my suggestion for an alternative way of getting in... An instance gauntlet featuring bosses from say ranks 1-5 of the grawlers guild. Each time you fail on a boss, you get a 12 hour cooldown before you can try again
    Last edited by Tonk; 2012-11-06 at 11:17 AM. Reason: correct typo