Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    There is actually. I been arguing about shared lockouts since June (you can find me in most of the threads). Blizzard's decision to totally ignore this issue shows that only care about keeping bad players happy.

The thread is about the disrespectful behavior of the CM. He just shits down on people and tries to insult us (mostly me).
    They're not ignoring anything, difference in opinion =/= ignoring.

Deleted
    I don't get the part that you are doing HC raid and still have blues that could be replaced with LFR gear and that people don't want to run lfr. I fell that all you just want hc raiders to carry you in lfr while you all afk :X

All jokes aside. It is mandatory, like it is mandatory to run 5man HC to raid normal mode.
    So you still have upgrades that you can get from 5man hc and you have item level to run lfr why are you running 5man hc when lfr drops better gear?

Saying LFR is not mandatory is like saying 5man hc are not mandatory because you can craft gear and do dailys for JP and VP to get gear.

And the are people in HC raiding that may have blue gear. I was in Black temple has a MT/OT and still had a blue revered reputation sword to tank with. only after the 3rd boss in BT i bought the merciless gladiator healing mace to tank with (paladin back then used Spell power to tank)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    I don't get the part that you are doing HC raid and still have blues that could be replaced with LFR gear and that people don't want to run lfr. I fell that all you just want hc raiders to carry you in lfr while you all afk :X

All jokes aside. It is mandatory, like it is mandatory to run 5man HC to raid normal mode.
    So you still have upgrades that you can get from 5man hc and you have item level to run lfr why are you running 5man hc when lfr drops better gear?

Saying LFR is not mandatory is like saying 5man hc are not mandatory because you can craft gear and do dailys for JP and VP to get gear.

And the are people in HC raiding that may have blue gear. I was in Black temple has a MT/OT and still had a blue revered reputation sword to tank with. only after the 3rd boss in BT i bought the merciless gladiator healing mace to tank with (paladin back then used Spell power to tank)
    Next you're going to say that playing WoW is mandatory? (excluding Chinese prisoners)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    At the rate they carry on with their mouths in LFR, heck, even I would slack off and let them work for a living. When I can perform pretty close to these so-called "elites" -- without the trinkets and normal gear even -- please don't tell me about carrieds.

People playing LFR are also there because of time restraints or simply don't care of raiding full time. And you will get some really good and skilled players there who are totally casual.

Too many stuck up "we are special" ideas floating around about LFR.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    the blue also forgot that you cant get your 4 peice bonus from MSV or the weapon with the socket for the legendary gem
    You must be desperate if this is your counterpoint. I don't know a person in any form of their right mind who would either a. waste a legendary gem on an LFR weapon or b. would complete the legendary gem before having their Sha-Touched boss on farm status.

C'mon, man.

Also, for about half the classes in the game, Tier bonuses suck donkey turds. Shadows only go 2-pc, and holy priest could skip both for raw stats and it would be a throughput increase.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    I dont lfr/raid so it's not really my concern... but i've been thinking that if they would lower current tier LFR gear ilvl to 463 (like 5-man heroics), would that solve anything? If they originally implemented LFR so non-raiders could see content, those players would still run LFR and there would be no reason for raiders to run it. More like choice to run 5-mans or LFR.

Thought instead it could pop hundreds of whine threads because inferior rewards etc. And i know that in reality they just want players to run LFR/anything to get them subbed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    He certainly didnt see the trinkets from TES. LFR Essence of Terror ==>> Heroic Elegon Trinket.
    Check the class forums. That's not actually true for at least some classes.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I dont lfr/raid so it's not really my concern... but i've been thinking that if they would lower current tier LFR gear ilvl to 463 (like 5-man heroics), would that solve anything? If they originally implemented LFR so non-raiders could see content, those players would still run LFR and there would be no reason for raiders to run it. More like choice to run 5-mans or LFR.

Thought instead it could pop hundreds of whine threads because inferior rewards etc. And i know that in reality they just want players to run LFR/anything to get them subbed lol.
    Doesn't matter what they do. There is always going to be complaints about every decision Blizzard makes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    You must be desperate if this is your counterpoint. I don't know a person in any form of their right mind who would either a. waste a legendary gem on an LFR weapon or b. would complete the legendary gem before having their Sha-Touched boss on farm status.

C'mon, man.

Also, for about half the classes in the game, Tier bonuses suck donkey turds. Shadows only go 2-pc, and holy priest could skip both for raw stats and it would be a throughput increase.
    There are several people in my raid group who already have 10 of the first marks for their quest and we're just 4/6 MSV with a total of 5 boss kills in the instance, most of them came throught LFR. Some of us will have a legendary gem even before we see a boss who drops a sha touched weapon on normal, and you can easily re-buy them from Wrathion.

So why shouldnt I "waste" them on LFR sha-touched weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Check the class forums. That's not actually true for at least some classes.
    Its true for elemental shamans... all I care about, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    It's just as mandatory as daily quests are, depends on guild. If you are in a guild where LFR is required every week, and you don't like to run it, maybe you should think about changing guild.
    I think you didnt understand me. We're 4/6 MSV and Elegon is harder than Will N and the first two bosses of HoF N - I think we all understand that some people are worse at pressing key 1-6 in a nearly perfect order to maximize DPS, but this doesnt change the fact that gear upgrades also increase your stats and therefor your damage, healing and survival abilities.

Deleted
    I think you didnt understand me. We're 4/6 MSV and Elegon is harder than Will N and the first two bosses of HoF N - I think we all understand that some people are worse at pressing key 1-6 in a nearly perfect order to maximize DPS, but this doesnt change the fact that gear upgrades also increase your stats and therefor your damage, healing and survival abilities.
    Upgrade =/= mandatory.

Deleted
    Upgrade =/= mandatory.
    Ah, okay. I guess you are playing a different game then.. since the only way to progress your character after hitting the max. level is throught gear, thats the purpose of raiding, do you know?

If upgrades arent mandatory, so are we supposed to clear every tier with just greens or even naked? Doubt it.

is LFR mandatory? no.

are you going to turn down more sigils, tier set bonuses, upgrade items, and a second chance at raid loot, per week?

if you care about gearing up, of course not.

Deleted
    Ah, okay. I guess you are playing a different game then.. since the only way to progress your character after hitting the max. level is throught gear, thats the purpose of raiding, do you know?

If upgrades arent mandatory, so are we supposed to clear every tier with just greens or even naked? Doubt it.
    Why don't you just take a minute and comprehend what mandatory means. I seriously would like to disagree that you can't down all the available bosses without having full raid in BiS gear.

Upgrade =/= mandatory.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...23132452978688

I read that forum regularly. Ultimately, we want WoW PvP to be about skill and gear and not just skill.
    The game has been designed around grinding same content for months, this is what sucks. WoW PvE has been about Gear since the game came out. You have to be really delusional to think that you can gimp your raid by not doing LFR and no one would mind.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2012-11-06 at 12:47 PM.

It's the 1st expansion which has started with LFR. There were quite a few raiders opposed to having LFR for the 1st tier for the very reason that it created a large gap between heroics and "real" raiding. I personally couldn't care what happens with LFR.

Beyond this tier if you are a person committed to raiding, LFR will have little to no impact on you unless tier sets become ridiculous like in Dragon Soul.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I don't think a solution is needed because I don't see thisas being a problem. All I see is people complaining and making a huge deal over something that is pretty insignificant.
    This, I don't see a problem with it. If I don't wanna run LFR, then I wont run LFR. But I'd hate it to have that option removed from me.

Imho, let the whiners whine. As if they whine about this now and Blizzard gives in, they will start whine about other stuff not worth whining about.
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

He certainly didnt see the trinkets from TES. LFR Essence of Terror ==>> Heroic Elegon Trinket.
    No!

LFR Essence of Terror -> 1021 Int & 1166 Haste (if it procs directly after the ICD is over)
    Heroic Elegon Trinket -> 1218 Haste & 1623 Int (if it procs directly after the ICD is over)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...23132452978688

The game has been designed around grinding same content for months, this is what sucks. WoW PvE has been about Gear since the game came out. You have to be really delusional to think that you can gimp your raid by not doing LFR and no one would mind.
    If you think grinding same shit for months sucks, have even considered the option that MMO games just maybe aren't for you? I guess I'm just delusional cause not all raiders in our roster run LFR weekly, because they simply don't have time.

Deleted
    I don't, actually. Haven't touched heroics since I could enter LFR. Wouldn't touch LFR if I could/would do normals either (I don't raid by choice though). Also have only one valor item (neck) and not even revered with Golden Lotus yet. I could still do normals if I wanted to.

People are not BEING forced to do LFR. They are forcing themselves to do LFR. If you're not in the running for server firsts, the tiny bit of stats you might get from LFR gear will really not do anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    cause not all raiders in our roster run LFR weekly, because they simply don't have time.
    lololol

Oh, the irony!

LFR was designed for those with limited time. It wasn't designed for normal/heroic raiders to use to gear out and shat on the "lesser peoples" while being there. -_-
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."