10+ Year Old Account

Idea: Another way to get in the Brawler's Guild

Idea: Another way to get in the Brawler's Guild

What if the Bload-Soaked Invitation was 0,05% drop from a random mob all over Azeroth/Outlands?

Would that be an acceptable way to get in the Brawler's Guild?

10+ Year Old Account
    Naw.

They're testing RMT. They want it money based to check to see how many are interested to buy the first tickets. Because RMT to work there must be not only enough interest, players willing to depart with enough dough.

Got to train the masses in how to like it, especially a game long used to just getting gold ingame. Not spending their RL money.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    For that, they would better create 4-5 rare mobs around azeroth, only visible to level 90's and that would despawn if you tried to kill them in a group.

How about making it drop from raid bosses, but only if you're in the raid alone? Blizz did just implement a change where people can enter pre MoP raids alone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    People would whine hard about too. Claiming it has nothing to do with skill but with random RNG luck to get access then...
    thats exactly how it should be! the skill is displayed once your competing in the guild, random chance of getting in is exactly the fairest way it can be

Deleted
    Fair is absolutely boring for games. Fair belongs to the real world, not to games...

I also don't really see how RNG is ever perceived as fair... It never is. You won't call it fair if you're one of the types that because of RNG even after farming a million mobs won't see it drop.
    So you dont want a fair system youd prefer one which is heavily advantaged towards one type of player? thats exactly the type of system which is going to get qqs if blizz want to avoid this then the first invites need to be random, hell it might actully encourage more people to go out into the world if they know theres a chance of getting such a wanted drop from creatures in the old world etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    For that, they would better create 4-5 rare mobs around azeroth, only visible to level 90's and that would despawn if you tried to kill them in a group.
    Nice idea. Actually like the idea a lot. Not planned, can't be camped and those suckers can be challenging.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    I don't see how you can claim that a system is fair in which:
    A) Someone might get the drop on his first kill.
    B) Someone else might not get a drop after a few hundred thousand kills when intentionally farming for it.

Putting it through the BMAH actually gives people something to work towards, if they want to do the effort, and gives people the feeling of control over the situation instead of having to depend on lady luck. (Who very rarely behaves like a lady).
    Its fair because everyone has the same chance of getting it, the effort should be needed when doing the brawlers guild stuff much like the battered hilt in wotlk it was a random drop but then u had to have the skill to complete the questline when ud got it. getting the invite in the first place should be compeltly fair for all same chance for all, hence it needs to be completly random.

put an invite in a chest, in the stv/darkmoon faire arena.

if its unfair that people who pvp get an edge, it's even worse that people who are rich get a guaranteed invite.

10+ Year Old Account
    scarp invites and make it instanced so its actually playable on high pop realms... seriously bliz ideas, one step foward two steps back every time

Fair is absolutely boring for games. Fair belongs to the real world, not to games...

I also don't really see how RNG is ever perceived as fair... It never is. You won't call it fair if you're one of the types that because of RNG even after farming a million mobs won't see it drop.
    You live in a different world from me or you are very young :S

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    You live in a different world from me or you are very young :S
    was about to post the same thing!

Fair should be in games. for eg, some ideas thrown around are ridiculous.. such as old raid bosses.. thats woefully unfair, warriors/dks/hunters can all solo far better then even the most skilled mage for example.. why should that mage be denied a chance just because of that.

What would be GOOD is rare mobs, similar to the old hunter epic quest line? if anyone remembers that. the only issue would be giving them the gimmicks. (since they were tuned to hunters only})

i have an easy way of getting everyone in my guild into the brawlers guild, imma buy tickets with guild bank gold.

my guild has like 300k of unused gold sat in the guild bank, that amount grows every day through dungeon runs, dailies, raids and general guild stuff.

so yea, i'll go buy an invite for as cheap as i can using guild bank funds, i'll then invite everyone from my guild, into the brawlers guild.

i then have 2 choices.

1. charge people a nominal amount for an invite.
    2. give invites out for free to spite people trying to charge 5k+ for one.
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    it's the same shit. people ho play 24/24 have the most gold/ have time to farm for the 0.01 drop rate