Deleted

Resto 2nd spec gearing as Elemental

So - for some reason I cant decide which of my Elemental items as should use as Resto and what would be also useful to get from heroics and co.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Advol/simple

I bought the DMF healing trinket, BS caster shield, got the healing mace from the big bug boss and now I'm aiming to get the spirit flask back from SSB and the healing trinket in Scholomance. Any other suggestions on how I could improve my gear?

I honestly wouldnt spend money on craft items unless they're BiS and VP gear is currently out of reach, since I'll use them for my main spec.

Thanks!
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2012-11-06 at 11:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything with hit on it has to go. You're also going to need a lot more spirit, even with water shield 4.5K spirit won't cut it. Even if you use 100% spirit to get you to hit cap for ele you won't have enough as resto. Its a really hard line to cross when switching. I find it a lot easier to gear for resto and occasionally dps than it would be to main ele and just use the same gear and reforging and such for resto. Then again I prefer not to dps in raids at all.

You do definitely seem to be on the right track though. You know what you need and I don't really think I can offer much more advice than what you already know. good work!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    Anything with hit on it has to go. You're also going to need a lot more spirit, even with water shield 4.5K spirit won't cut it. Even if you use 100% spirit to get you to hit cap for ele you won't have enough as resto. Its a really hard line to cross when switching. I find it a lot easier to gear for resto and occasionally dps than it would be to main ele and just use the same gear and reforging and such for resto. Then again I prefer not to dps in raids at all.

You do definitely seem to be on the right track though. You know what you need and I don't really think I can offer much more advice than what you already know. good work!
    Thanks for the reply. Just a few other general questions then.. I really aim to get the max out of my 2nd spec to be competetive (personal pref., not raiding req.)

Even if I replace my Elemental epics (these without hit/lacking spirit), will I be fine in heroic dungeon BiS in raids?
    Should I use the 450 alchemist stone of price of progress as 2nd trinket?
    Any general tipps on how to top the meters, except Riptiding everyone and standing in Healing Rain? ^^

Deleted
    You can go with 6k spirit and two regen trinket if you heal cleverly. ( even in heroic raids )

Price of progress for your 2nd trinket.

I can only repeat what zshikara already said: Get as much spirit as possible! After this try to reforge for haste up to 3041 and after this go for mastery (to about 50%).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squadou View Post
    You can go with 6k spirit and two regen trinket if you heal cleverly. ( even in heroic raids )

Price of progress for your 2nd trinket.
    Excuse me, but how to heal cleverly? Didnt heal since TBC.

And thanks for the replies!

Deleted
    First : use spells with the best HPM ( healing wave, healing totem ( 30sec cd ), healing rain if you have at least 4-5 people and riptide ( unlgyphed = more hpm ) ), for will of the emperor by example, i healing rain ( with +30% unleash ) for 5 people, i spam healing totem with callback when they end, riptide on the men who takes damages with 2/3 healing wave after each riptide.

Second : I use the glyph which give you back 100% of the cost of your totems, you can save A LOT of mana if you call back your totems when it left 0s ( with exp, you can call back after his last tick ). Don't wait too much time before using your mana tide.

Always, everyone heal like he want to heal, you can go with 6k spirit or 12k spirit. But for your concern ( ele stuff ), i think you should try to manage your mana instead stacking spirit. I am at 6k spirit and 6/6HC 10 man and i am happy with it. ( i run with int food and in flask )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squadou View Post
    First : use spells with the best HPM ( healing wave, healing totem ( 30sec cd ), healing rain if you have at least 4-5 people and riptide ( unlgyphed = more hpm ) ), for will of the emperor by example, i healing rain ( with +30% unleash ) for 5 people, i spam healing totem with callback when they end, riptide on the men who takes damages with 2/3 healing wave after each riptide.

Second : I use the glyph which give you back 100% of the cost of your totems, you can save A LOT of mana if you call back your totems when it left 0s ( with exp, you can call back after his last tick ). Don't wait too much time before using your mana tide.

Always, everyone heal like he want to heal, you can go with 6k spirit or 12k spirit. But for your concern ( ele stuff ), i think you should try to manage your mana instead stacking spirit. I am at 6k spirit and 6/6HC 10 man and i am happy with it. ( i run with int food and in flask )
    Lets say an encounter like Stone Guardians normal mode, how much HPS do you have at the end of the fight? Our resto druid has like 60-70k HPS, running 3 healers on that fight.

All guides I've read so far basically tell me that you've to stack spirit endlessly (gems, reforging, flasks, food) - including the guide in the shaman section.