Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    WOAH WAIT A MINUTE?! You mean... you actually have to put forth effort to accomplish something? Holy Jesus! We'll have none of that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    In this thread: People crying that they can't clear raids in the gear they're tuned for.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    WOAH WAIT A MINUTE?! You mean... you actually have to put forth effort to accomplish something? Holy Jesus! We'll have none of that!
    LFR and Dailies are not effort. They are just chores to keep people subbed for longer.

Also

They just banned me for calling someone casual, but all the people who been calling me "idiot", "moron", etc and Draztal are left untouched.

Blizzard really hit a low this time.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    LFR and Dailies are not effort. They are just chores to keep people subbed for longer.

Also

They just banned me for calling someone casual, but all the people who been calling me "idiot", "moron", etc and Draztal are left untouched.

Got permabanned for "obscene language" in a post that contained no such thing. Guess making too much sense about how bad Blizzard is dropping the ball gets you banned for made up reasons now. I swear that over the last month or so it's like they're TRYING to get anyone with half a braincell to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Illkhan View Post
    Got permabanned for "obscene language" in a post that contained no such thing. Guess making too much sense about how bad Blizzard is dropping the ball gets you banned for made up reasons now. I swear that over the last month or so it's like they're TRYING to get anyone with half a braincell to quit.
    North Korea. They have to keep their masses docile somehow.

What makes LFR and dailies more of a chore than doing the same damn (normal) raid week in, week out, downing the same bosses, over and over and over again for months at a time? I fail to see how LFR and dailies could possibly keep someone subbed for longer than, well, you know, raiding. Point stands. Flipping fries and a fast-food joint might not fit your definition of "effort," but you still have to do it to get that paycheck. You just have to make the decision - do you feel the reward is worth the effort? I chose that it wasn't, so I'm in no hurry get my rep factions up. If I get them in passing, and thus unlock a potential upgrade, than that's fine.

Also

Dude, that's some bullshit. Contest it. Someone got their panties in a twist and reported you, and some forum moderator must've had a bad morning or something. That is far from a ban-able post, IMO.

See, I'm not combatant against people who have a difference in opinion as me. I have nothing against you for your opinion, I just really don't think it's that big of a deal. To me, it might seem time consuming, but it's not really THAT time consuming. It takes several days, but not THAT much time investment PER day.

Seriously, though. That forum ban is complete bullshit and you should definitely contest that nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account

Also

It's not that you called someone casual, it's HOW you relate to a whole branch of playstyle by insulting them.

You're that guy the CM responded to with that reply in the first place.

...And only a one month ban...

-_-
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    North Korea. They have to keep their masses docile somehow.
    It's sad to me that they would rather ban people who point out how bad they suck at their jobs than actually make a good product. Yet all the drive-by trolls never seem to get banned -.-

Also

I got a ban for calling something "shit" in the arena forums, which was censored

if you've been to that section, what I said was the epitome of class.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    You're that guy the CM responded to with that reply in the first place.

...And only a one month ban...

-_-
    The same CM this current thread is all about. He just deleted 4-5 of my posts and banned me because i was pissing on his parade.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5524?page=3#56

Also keep in mind that all the gear (in case you want to save VP for off-spec gear, for example) is available at Revered. The only thing you'd be missing in most cases from not continuing all the way to Exalted is vanity items (and a couple epic rewards, neck and ring, from The Klaxxi and Golden Lotus factions).
    He just deleted my post... and repeated what i said... srsly

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Weird thing, I had no problem entering MSV first week when I had no valor items. Did you submit ticket about it already?
    Aw, come on, don't pretend you didn't understood it. While I agree that "forced LFR" complaints are laughable, problem of being unable to enter raid when you have weird working schedule for many guilds and PuGs only looking at item level and achievement instead of real skill is very much present.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    There are several people in my raid group who already have 10 of the first marks for their quest and we're just 4/6 MSV with a total of 5 boss kills in the instance, most of them came throught LFR. Some of us will have a legendary gem even before we see a boss who drops a sha touched weapon on normal, and you can easily re-buy them from Wrathion.

So why shouldnt I "waste" them on LFR sha-touched weapons?

Its true for elemental shamans... all I care about, honestly.

I think you didnt understand me. We're 4/6 MSV and Elegon is harder than Will N and the first two bosses of HoF N - I think we all understand that some people are worse at pressing key 1-6 in a nearly perfect order to maximize DPS, but this doesnt change the fact that gear upgrades also increase your stats and therefor your damage, healing and survival abilities.
    1. The second half of the legendary chain collection doesn't drop anywhere near the frequency of the first (unless they changed how it works from beta to live, which we will not really know until today). Their previous stance is that you can't get the second ten items through LFR.

2. I don't know what this was about so I will simply skip it.

3. Elegon is not "just a DPS check". While the DPS is very important, the survivability and execution are what make the DPS so important. Again, if you're one of the ones that "NEEDS to outgear it to clear it", then you still don't "need" to do LFR. You NEED to farm the first four bosses on normal more.

Let me ask you this, then. Sha of Anger. Is it "needed" to beat Elegon, too? Maybe we should remove it since it's pretty much LFR for trade chat.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild is 2/6h msv (damn Sandy washing away half of our raid team). We're by no means 'hardcore' but most of us are revered/exalted with the raid-useful reps. Even with a few of our non-raider members filling in we made decent progress on gara/elegon. Not a single one of us have the 'mystically epic' achievement. Most of us run lfr every week on the off chance that we'll replace a blue (10-man loot ftl). As far as I know, not a single one of us have actually gotten something useful from lfr.

Does that mean, by the logic presented by lfr detractors, that our poor loot rng is holding our progress back?

I'd be inclined to agree if I thought lfr was even remotely necessary. We're getting new heroic bosses to a killable range with a group average item level barely north of 476. When we cleared normal, it was south of 460.

<10 hour raid week.

Is lfr 'forced' or 'necessary'? No. Does it offer some potential benefit? Yes, if you're lucky enough to get an upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is like most others. LFR is -not- demanded, but it does help you. If you don't like it, don't do it. And if your guild demands you to do it, well, tough luck.

And before anyone reaches in on the topic of what was mentioned on the Blizzard forum before, no, LFR doesn't need to share cooldown with the others. There's not even a logical reason, and if it did, you would just miss out on the normal/Heroic raids if you do LFR.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    It's doable in full blue 463 gear, that's not the point. If your not trying to squeeze every little bit of HPS/DPS out of your character your hurting your raid. If your not trying to gear up your character outside of your normal run then your gimping your raid. Yes you can enter and clear it all in blue gear but if you can get gear from LFR but you choose not to you might as well just show up without geming or enchanting your gear, cause its pretty much the same :P

My group has cleared all of MSV and working on HoF. I still have some blue pieces so I will continue to do LFR till they are replaced by better. It's not manditory, but when you wipe at 1% you'll wish you ran LFR for that extra bit of DPS :P
    I care more about my raiders awareness then I do their dps/hps/ilvl

Awareness will kill more bosses than more gear.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    lololol

Oh, the irony!

LFR was designed for those with limited time. It wasn't designed for normal/heroic raiders to use to gear out and shat on the "lesser peoples" while being there. -_-
    Don't really understand what's the irony in my post. Being trying to prove that LFR isn't mandatory in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Aw, come on, don't pretend you didn't understood it. While I agree that "forced LFR" complaints are laughable, problem of being unable to enter raid when you have weird working schedule for many guilds and PuGs only looking at item level and achievement instead of real skill is very much present.
    That's problem in the community, not in Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    This would suck, but how many people who can ONLY do LFR care about normal? After all LFR is ONLY for sucky players to "see" content. They will still stick to LFR and never notice the difference. Normal raiders would just ignore LFR the same why they avoid pugging normal raids while their guild is still doing the raid later in the week. All i see is Blizzard grasping for straws.
    People who only do LFR may well want to graduate to normal raiding when their situation or skill level changes. As to LFR only being for bad players, I'll simply disagree. It serves a lot of purposes obviously and it's incorrect to say that it's purely for 'the bads'.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    People who only do LFR may well want to graduate to normal raiding when their situation or skill level changes. As to LFR only being for bad players, I'll simply disagree. It serves a lot of purposes obviously and it's incorrect to say that it's purely for 'the bads'.
    There is an item lvl req which many casual players take a very long time to achieve.
    They are not bad players, they are just the players this content is aimed at.
    Yes I agree some will possibly go on to do normal’s and even heroics

Oh and why are there two threads on this subject ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Don't really understand what's the irony in my post. Being trying to prove that LFR isn't mandatory in any way.
    They don't have time to do both normal AND LFR. Understand now?

LFR isn't a route for those who can play normal/heroics to obtain their own "welfare epics". It's designed for those NOT doing normal/heroic raids. It's their end-game.

It's double dipping, and even worse, at the expense of those in their end-game.

How would you like heroic raiders descending on your normal raid, then stealing chances on loot you need for progression?

Yeah, it's not fun if the double dipping now hurts your end-game.

I hope they lock it from normal/heroic raiders. People in this game need to learn overhealing and overgearing is how this game got to be where it is today.

Do you know why they can't let cows eat freely? Because they will literally eat themselves to death.

If the normal/heroic raiders can't wait on RNG like the rest of us, lock LFR down.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I don't find LFR in its current incarnation to be a problem because of the way the loot works. There is no benefit to running it multiple times a week, and running it just once is not really an issue - at least to me personally.

However, I don't like the way Draztal handles things at all.