Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darklady View Post
    The very definition of the word bully is picking on someone weaker than you are. The where doesn't matter. In Vanilla the ettiquite on a PvP server was to not gank toons 10 or more levels below you, because they couldn't defend themselves. PvP was primarily about a good fight, not being as asshole and, subsequently, a rules-nazi when called out on harassing people. That attitude died somewhere mid-Wrath. From your post, and what my real life friends who decided to play MOP have told me, it's only gotten worse.

I didn't subscribe to MOP to give some other games a try, but I do plan to after the holidays. I'll be moving my toons to PvE realms to avoid the hot mess PvP servers have become.

Here's what's funny though. 9 of 10 of these PvP bullies, thugs, trolls, etc, would get their asses handed to them if they went toe to toe with someone their own level. Then they would go to the official forums and QQ about classes being OP.

Lol. The only reason people in vanilla didn't gank someone 10 lower was the fact that 10 lower provided no honor. I play a rogue, I gank and corpse camp lowbies and wait for their friends and mains to show up then camp them as well. You don't like it PVE server -----> that way. Get over it and find a way out of the situation that doesn't involve whining about how you were killed. Pvp will continue to happen since most continue to roll on pvp servers.

Deleted
    I started my first character in WoW on a PvP server, because of a friend was playing there. I played five years on a pvp server.
    I never minded a bit getting gank by someone from time to time, that is a part of a PvP server.
    Corpse camping is another business, that is just plain sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    What is wrong with people? You have options in wow of rolling pve or pvp, as SOON as you accept pvp, you are liable to be ganked, griefed and camped. Period. If you dont want that liability, roll pve. I gank lowbies and camp areas repeatedly, why? because I can. I dont feel bad ass but knowing that people are probably raging on the other end is classic. And if you log over to whine, expect it to be ONLY you in the zone who is camped.

Carebears, roll a pve server.
    So this really scares me, that there is people that is so messed up that they getting a kick out of making other people sad. Corpse camping dont require skill, it only serves for one simple purpose to make the other player sad or mad.

Seeing someone and killing them once and then be on their merry way is part of pvp. There is a code of conduct in everything, an unwritten law, that is in effect even in war. Corpse camping is definitly pass that code of conduct.
    Understanding that there is so many people that really needs help with their behaviour is really sad.

I moved to a PvE server, not because I was ganked to much (or corpse camped), and it was the best decision I have ever done in WoW, maybe second to my decision to quit WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    I used the be bullied back in Middle School so now I take it out on random people on my PvP-server.

Seems reasonable enough to me?

It's not like I can go and bully people IRL as that would just be mean.
    I'm not sure if you're actually serious. :|

Quote Originally Posted by LEG1ON View Post
    Lol. The only reason people in vanilla didn't gank someone 10 lower was the fact that 10 lower provided no honor. I play a rogue, I gank and corpse camp lowbies and wait for their friends and mains to show up then camp them as well. You don't like it PVE server -----> that way. Get over it and find a way out of the situation that doesn't involve whining about how you were killed. Pvp will continue to happen since most continue to roll on pvp servers.
    The majority actually plays PvE and on PvE servers, people like you are actively discouraging people from PvP and driving new players away, good job. I in all honesty can't see you being successfull at camping anything beside low level chars and horrible geared people who don't stand a chance from the very beginning.

I'm fairly sure I know who'd end up getting camped if you were to go up against my frost mage or warrior and it sure as hell wouldn't be me. One of the times I'm sad that stealth would eventually allow you to simply run away, mount up and wait for people to leave.

Deleted
    people on here need a massive reality check, killing someone in a video game does not equal bullying, bullying is a real issue and a serious one that should not be brought up as an exaggeration to win forum arguments, look at it this way? i was playing call of duty mw3 earlier on the xbox, one map a single player killed me 15 times....because they were a lot higher level with fully upgraded weapons etc.....does this mean I get to go off on one accusing them of `bullying` etc no of course it doesnt dont be so stupid its a damm game nothing more!

so why do wow players talk this way its completely and utterly idiotic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    people on here need a massive reality check, killing someone in a video game does not equal bullying, bullying is a real issue and a serious one that should not be brought up as an exaggeration to win forum arguments, look at it this way? i was playing call of duty mw3 earlier on the xbox, one map a single player killed me 15 times....because they were a lot higher level with fully upgraded weapons etc.....does this mean I get to go off on one accusing them of `bullying` etc no of course it doesnt dont be so stupid its a damm game nothing more!

so why do wow players talk this way its completely and utterly idiotic.
    To me it is rather big difference to be killed 15 times in a row by a superior player in a game with the sole purpose to kill each other, and to be corpse camped in WoW when it serves only one purpose and that is to make the other player feel bad. Killing people several levels under you gives you nothing in WoW, while in CoD you earn points or what ever.
    I wouldnt say anything if it was a BG, Arena or a dedicated PvP zone, but what people fail to understand, is that even if that player is playing on a PvP server, he might not be intrested in PvP at the moment. People fail to understand that behind thoose pixels they corpse camp there is actually a person (most often) with real feelings. If the corpse camping would serve any other purpose than to destroy the playing experince for the other player, I wouldnt say a thing, but it dont. The person doing the corpse camping only want the other player to feel sad or mad, and that is not a healthy behaviour, sadly.

If you get killed by a high level while you are leveling, farming or doing quests, you should accept it as part of beeing on a pvp server, and complaing about that is just stupid. Cant stand beeing ganked from time to time, then you have no business on a pvp server, but no one should have to be corpse camped or killed over and over again for the sole purpose to upset that player, imho.

Deleted
    Being ganked/corpse-camped has always been part of the game, love it or hate it. It's happened to me on numerous occasions, yes it makes you rage like you wouldn't believe when you think you're safe to res and next thing you know, you're running back to your body.

Saying that, I have no mercy when it comes to red, I got my ass handed to me enough so it's now time to turn the tables. If I see a low level enemy questing, I WILL kill him/her. I couldn't care less if it's frowned upon. I have the option to attack them so I will take it. If Blizzard were that bothered by it they would take away the ability to attack characters a certain number of levels below you.

I shall continue to attack low levels and allow it to put a small smile on my face when you see them lie there and target you as they try to work out what happened

What I don't do however, is camp there and kill again and again. Once is enough (unless they ganked my alt, in which case I will camp them a few times, usually to make sure they don't try it again).

As mentioned above me - Fantasy does NOT = Reality. If anyone finds being ganked a form of bullying then I think you should stop playing the game immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by JackHeart View Post
    I started my first character in WoW on a PvP server, because of a friend was playing there. I played five years on a pvp server.
    I never minded a bit getting gank by someone from time to time, that is a part of a PvP server.
    Corpse camping is another business, that is just plain sick.

So this really scares me, that there is people that is so messed up that they getting a kick out of making other people sad. Corpse camping dont require skill, it only serves for one simple purpose to make the other player sad or mad.

Seeing someone and killing them once and then be on their merry way is part of pvp. There is a code of conduct in everything, an unwritten law, that is in effect even in war. Corpse camping is definitly pass that code of conduct.
    Understanding that there is so many people that really needs help with their behaviour is really sad.

I moved to a PvE server, not because I was ganked to much (or corpse camped), and it was the best decision I have ever done in WoW, maybe second to my decision to quit WoW.
    What are you talking about, "code of conduct". Unwritten rules are unwritten for a reason: they dont exist. If you role a pvp server, expect to be ganked/camped. People are just weak with this bullying crap. Sheltered, over protective kids are the norm now so we translate that to a video game. Im the bully, come stop me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JackHeart View Post
    To me it is rather big difference to be killed 15 times in a row by a superior player in a game with the sole purpose to kill each other, and to be corpse camped in WoW when it serves only one purpose and that is to make the other player feel bad. Killing people several levels under you gives you nothing in WoW, while in CoD you earn points or what ever.
    I wouldnt say anything if it was a BG, Arena or a dedicated PvP zone, but what people fail to understand, is that even if that player is playing on a PvP server, he might not be intrested in PvP at the moment. People fail to understand that behind thoose pixels they corpse camp there is actually a person (most often) with real feelings. If the corpse camping would serve any other purpose than to destroy the playing experince for the other player, I wouldnt say a thing, but it dont. The person doing the corpse camping only want the other player to feel sad or mad, and that is not a healthy behaviour, sadly.

If you get killed by a high level while you are leveling, farming or doing quests, you should accept it as part of beeing on a pvp server, and complaing about that is just stupid. Cant stand beeing ganked from time to time, then you have no business on a pvp server, but no one should have to be corpse camped or killed over and over again for the sole purpose to upset that player, imho.
    dude im sorry but if being killed in a video game hurts your `feelings` you have no business playing it as you plainly have difficultys distinguishing the video game world from the real world.

As for the fact that sometimes you may not feel like pvping, well id say what are you doing on a pvp server, that is what a pvp server is you are flagged for pvp all the time, if you only want to be pvp avalible at your leisure then roll pve and flag yourself when your in the mood....doesnt take a brain surgeon does it!

10+ Year Old Account
    title should be changed to "ganking on PvP server = instant douchebag!!"

altho its quite an easy fix to stop the ganking and camping of lowbies, lose honor AND conquest everytime you kill a lowbie

stops people from mindlessly camping lowbies to boost their own ego, lowbies can get back to grinding the many quests required to get to (the now) soul-crushing max level of 90, and people can kill people their own level. BAM! the slaughter of lowbies is greatly reduced (from players anyway)

i should be a pvp dev with the amount of brains it took to come up with this ground-breaking, astoundingly complicated (and never-seen-before-in-any-shape-or-form-but-was-actually-sorta-in-vanilla-and-removed-for-some-reason) solution
    Last edited by Jawless Jones; 2012-11-06 at 03:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    title should be changed to "ganking on PvP server = instant douchebag!!"

altho its quite an easy fix to stop the ganking and camping of lowbies, lose honor AND conquest everytime you kill a lowbie

stops people from mindlessly camping lowbies to boost their own ego, lowbies can get back to grinding the many quests required to get to (the now) soul-crushing max level of 90, and people can kill people their own level. BAM! the slaughter of lowbies is greatly reduced (from players anyway)

i should be a pvp dev with the amount of brains it took to come up with this ground-breaking, astoundingly complicated (and never-seen-before-in-any-shape-or-form-but-was-actually-sorta-in-vanilla-and-removed-for-some-reason) solution
    Wouldnt stop me, nor many others who dont care about the honour/conquest we get from killing the other faction, I dont do bgs or arena any pvp I enjoy is out in the world, ganking or similar level pvping. and I do it for the fun of it not the reward try again :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    What you most definitely should not do is resurrect and allow the camper to kill you again. That'll just fan the flames. Especially if you make the mistake of doing an emote at the camper.
    What will that do hurt the feelings of the bully, so he'll cry rage even more?

I don't gank lowbies. No challenge. No honor. Heck not even fun. But I do light camp fires on the heads of stinking undead and pretty boy BEFs if they continue to over and over and over wanting to die at SW gate. Will dance on their bodies. And will wave each time they come back for more.

But they're max level, and at least they fight back.

Only cowards kill lowbies. Yellow bellied cowards.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    What will that do hurt the feelings of the bully, so he'll cry rage even more?

I don't gank lowbies. No challenge. No honor. Heck not even fun. But I do light camp fires on the heads of stinking undead and pretty boy BEFs if they continue to over and over and over wanting to die at SW gate. Will dance on their bodies. And will wave each time they come back for more.

But they're max level, and at least they fight back.

Only cowards kill lowbies. Yellow bellied cowards.
    I kill whoever I see from the other faction level 90 or level 1. I didnt join a pvp server to ignore the enemy and let them walk on by. you have a problem with that thats your problem because I tell you one thing my friend, ganking isnt going to go away because of qq on the mmo champion forums :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the golden parts people have to know about World of Warcraft.

"If it's red, it's dead" - "If it's blue, fuck you"

You chose to opperate on a Player Versus Player realm, you have to accept the chances of being slaughtered, it's war.
    You of course have the choice of being on a PvE server, there you are safe till you are flagged, mostly. Yes, getting
    killed again and again, and again is annoying. It can lead to a harassment feeling if said person keeps on, and you can
    report it if you see it last way longer than anything should (means mostly more than 60 mins of being camped).

But again, I would more question the intelligence of the person whom does it, mostly I see it as because the person
    can't handle himself where he's supposed to. Some people are just... not bright and see humor in messing with people.
    Just like trolls...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    You don't even get anything out of it.
    Who the hell are you to tell me what I do or don't get out of something in-game?

I've often corpsecamped people because it almost always triggers a decent world PVP battle. They whine to their guildies. Their guildies show up. I whine to my guildies. My guildies show up.

You whiny, self-righteous Care Bears can head over to the PVE severs where you belong.

Also, welcome to the Internet. Enjoy your stay.

Killing someone who has no chance of defending themselves is the move of a coward the same as bullying. It'd be nice if people figured out that PvP is engaging with someone who could possibly give you a challenge and not one shotting someone with a white swing. The whole, I was trying to start world pvp argument is garbage, if you mount up and fly around the low levels of Azeroth looking for easy prey, it speaks to who you are and is not PvP. Unfortunately, rolling on a PvP server has come to mean you run the risk of dealing with some jackass who finds pleasure in making the game miserable for others, not that you would be able to engage in PvP while leveling. The flip side of this is if you actually engage in PvP at level, you're likely to see a max level alt swooping down on you to exact revenge, because the answer of most players is not to learn to pvp better but to log onto their level 90 hunter and try to make your life miserable for daring to disrupt their leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    Yes, contributing to the circle of hatred is really reasonable.
    Hooooooly dramatic, Batman.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 10:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    it speaks to who you are
    No, it really doesn't. Grow up and quit being so freaking dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    and is not PvP
    Yes, yes it is.

PvP = Player VS Player

This is World of WARcraft. Stopping someone who will eventually become a powerful enemy in their tracks and forcing them to find an alternative way to get to where they're going is a pretty sound tactic, in my opinion.

Anytime I'm being corpsecamped, I just suck it up (It's a game) and head to another zone that is appropriate for my level.

QQ cachoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You chose to opperate on a Player Versus Player realm, you have to accept the chances of being slaughtered, it's war.
    When did a war had PROFESSIONAL SOLDIERS out killing the villagers AT WHIM?

Freaking God, not even those involved in My Lai did it "just because".

Oh, you're talking about a fake war in a video game, right? You know it's just a story, man?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanji View Post
    more stupid "getting ganked in a pvp realm post"
    the argument "dont role a pvp server if you dont want to get ganked and killed" is bullshit, players can never pvp (like myself) , they just go to the pvp realm because their guild is there they cant help it. ganking low levels should be monitored and if it continues to happen to the same player the ganker should be instantly gm killed over and over for 20 mins or so to see how they like it.
    Don't roll on a PvP server if you can't hack it, is more apt I think. You don't seem to be able to.

10+ Year Old Account

Freaking God, not even those involved in My Lai did it "just because".

Oh, you're talking about a fake war in a video game, right? You know it's just a story, man?
    Well, don't know really to be honest, we haven't had any honest war for a long time. I mean, lately people blow up innocents and call it a good cause. *shrugs* But on PvP servers, NPC's are just there and enemy players is part of the opposing army.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

History is overwhelmingly rich with such acts. Educate yourself, sir.

You know it's just a story, man?
    It's a story that we, the players, are writing. Guess what happens on page 792? I corpse camp you for being a drama queen.