Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Warlock or Mage(PVP)

Im considering on opening a caster.
    I am a Huge pvp Fan, i find levelling and raiding ok but my preference is pvp.
    I cant decide which one, mage or warlock?

doesn't matter, if you're good you can get high ratings even with a monk
    this game sucks

Deleted
    i like both thats why im having a hard time to decide

Mage has more tricks and is easier IMO

Deleted
    more opinions?

Deleted
    I find fire mage to be one of the most fun classes to play

Deleted
    The thing that makes me think of warlock is the grimoire of sacrifice just seems like an amazing talent. What i dont like about a warlock is that the slow casting speed and Charging for burning amber just seems to long

Quote Originally Posted by Valor800 View Post
    The thing that makes me think of warlock is the grimoire of sacrifice just seems like an amazing talent. What i dont like about a warlock is that the slow casting speed and Charging for burning amber just seems to long
    GoSac +25% Damage bonus will not apply to Chaos Bolt after 5.1

Go Mage and Shatter ppl from 100-0

Quote Originally Posted by Valor800 View Post
    Im considering on opening a caster.
    I am a Huge pvp Fan, i find levelling and raiding ok but my preference is pvp.
    I cant decide which one, mage or warlock?
    Warlocks have always been and will always be pvp god mode.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Atm locks future doesnt seem bright.
    if your looking for perma opness go mage.

Deleted
    Just play the class you like the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemasisx View Post
    Atm locks future doesnt seem bright.
    if your looking for perma opness go mage.
    Only if you enjoyed broken Destro. Destro will still be powerful nuke spec beyond all comparison after they do whatever they plan to do.

I'm having a blast as Demo.

I'd say warlock but that's because demonic teleport is amazing fun.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by NPSlow View Post
    Only if you enjoyed broken Destro. Destro will still be powerful nuke spec beyond all comparison after they do whatever they plan to do.

I'm having a blast as Demo.

I'd say warlock but that's because demonic teleport is amazing fun.
    Except demo is more broken than destro.
    Destro is strong in the eyes of bad players - they see a 200k chaos bolt and they scream "OP, NERF!", whereas demo is able to provide good sustain, insane CC and those insane chaos wave crits for burst.

Mage has the capacity of not being nerfed nearly as much

Casters are all based around burst, and do little damage outside of it. Mages can do this every 30 seconds, Locks have to wait every 2 minutes. That being said, I find Locks harder to kill than mages on average - though good mages and locks are about equal. I highly suggest if you decide to play lock to play Demonology though, as Destro is all based around Chaos Bolt landing(which is frustrating at best to land, unless you're being completely ignored), and affliction is based around channeling Malefic Grasp.

On the flip side, Mages have trouble vs hunters - A lot of it. It can be frustrating at times if more than one person decides to focus you - and trust me this will happen a lot. Everyone hates warriors and mages. Frost mage is based around Frost bomb with either Deep Freeze or Frost Nova up - when 1v1 this is fine, but if it's a cluster fuck like bg, it can be really hard to land frost bombs on frozen targets without deep freeze. Fire is very powerful...if left alone. Once those procs start rolling you can utterly destroy people. Especially with Alter Time up, pyro>pyro>pyro>pyro on a frozen target is smexy...but it has even more issue landing deep freeze. Again, 1v1 - amazing. Bgs, eh... Still powerful, but overall I prefer Demonology lock over these.

All being said: All 5 specs are VERY very powerful. Frost is a little on the OP side, though not as bad as many make it out to be. Fire is balanced, but powerful. Affliction is weak if even a single person is looking at them - if left alone can destroy an entire team. Destro is similar. Demonology is the only one I feel works well in all situations.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Except demo is more broken than destro.
    Destro is strong in the eyes of bad players - they see a 200k chaos bolt and they scream "OP, NERF!", whereas demo is able to provide good sustain, insane CC and those insane chaos wave crits for burst.
    Pretty much this. Destro is bad for the most part, Demo does all that destro does, but better - and without casting(ever).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    and without casting(ever).
    This is my favorite part of playing Demo. If I need to I'd never have to cast a spell that isn't instant.

I disagree with you about burst though in my opinion Demo has plenty of burst beyond with 2m CDs up because of how Meta form works.

Also, Glyph of Demon hunting is OP in pvp.

So is this:

Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

I have a fully geared mage and warlock.

Mage = Huge burst and tons of survivablity.

Warlock = Sustained damage, tons of cc and a handful of defensive cd's + Heals.

Both are good pvp classes. Warlock is in 7 of the 10 final teams in the last tournament (only Shaman has more than that - 8, next is mage with 4).

You can't go wrong with either class in PVP. You can really choose which one you like more.

If you need some kind of guidance tehn maybe: if you want to do 3v3 arena mostly then go Warlock, if you are interested more in duels and 2v2 go mage (but both are good in all those types of pvp)

Deleted
    Mage is and will always be the best caster in wow pvp. Go mage to avoid regretting it later when you are fully geared on lock!

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Mage is and will always be the best caster in wow pvp. Go mage to avoid regretting it later when you are fully geared on lock!
    The only way there is a chance that you regret lock is when you are mostly interested in duels. Check the history of wow arena seasons...