Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not bullying, its a video game. People need to stop being babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senor Forum View Post
    I corpse camp you for being a drama queen.
    How? You're too busy camping something more your size.

lololol
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    How? You're too busy camping something more your size.

lololol
    And it's Kevyne, with a ZIIIIIIIIING into left field!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    It's not bullying, its a video game. People need to stop being babies.
    Couldnt aggree more, the very fact some of the morons here are trying to link them just makes me laugh, youve plainly never been bullied in real life or you wouldnt be so disrespectful as to try and make out killing someone in a video game is as serious as said bullying.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    Couldnt aggree more, the very fact some of the morons here are trying to link them just makes me laugh, youve plainly never been bullied in real life or you wouldnt be so disrespectful as to try and make out killing someone in a video game is as serious as said bullying.
    100% agree with you. The guy actually comparing killing someone in WoW to punching children in the face is what really made my day. The stupidity is palpable. ;[

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthalis View Post
    Don't like pvp transfer to a pve server
    Haters got pwnd.

I pvp actively on my pvp server. That's why I'm there. If you're there to explore Azeroth, then that's fine with me. I'll kill you regardlessly if you should be so unlucky to be on the opposing faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Because PVP server leveling zones were intended so that the people actually leveling there would clash in fierce combat and enjoy somewhat balanced PVP with equal footing. Not made for people who far exceed the recommended level for that zone and ruin other people's leveling without them having a chance of fighting back. Also people who start ganking lower level people who stand no chance against them do something rather sickening. They are wasting their time and that's the only thing you can't really get back.

This sums it all up. I used to be on a pvp server and it would have been all okay if this was how it all goes. But alas, got tired of getting camped by max leveled toons while I was leveling a low level alt, so only option was to move servers. I was lucky tho, who didn't have a guild I was close to. Else it would have been much sadder to leave.
    Gotta wonder how pathetic some people can be? The reason why someone keep camping low levels is because they themselves don't stand a chance with someone their ownlevel & gear.
    Last edited by Lily Crowley; 2012-11-06 at 04:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

History is overwhelmingly rich with such acts. Educate yourself, sir.
    And in a modern Civilized World, those folks are tried for War Crimes. How can their even be such a thing as a war crimes ? It's war! It means anything goes right ? And why do we have the Geneva Convention rules? It's war! Anything goes! Damn those civilized people!

Deleted
    100% agree with you. The guy actually comparing killing someone in WoW to punching children in the face is what really made my day. The stupidity is palpable. ;[
    these people just make me want to bang my head on the desk, its at best moronic at worst incredibly disrespectful to try and compare people who are ganked on video games to real bullying victims.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 04:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Crowley View Post
    This sums it all up. I used to be on a pvp server and it would have been all okay if this was how it all goes. But alas, got tired of getting camped by max leveled toons while I was leveling a low level alt, so only option was to move servers. I was lucky tho, who didn't have a guild I was close to. Else it would have been much sadder to leave.
    who says that how it was made? theres nothing in the description of such zones that mentions `only similar levels are allowed to fight each other` dont make up bullshit and expect your argument to be taken seriously!

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 04:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    And in a modern Civilized World, those folks are tried for War Crimes. How can their even be such a thing as a war crimes ? It's war! It means anything goes right ? And why do we have the Geneva Convention rules? It's war! Anything goes! Damn those civilized people!

really you people are now mentioned war crimes and the geneva convention in relation to wow ganking? where is this going to top out? just when I think people couldnt get even sillier guys like you come along.

Eh, it happens. Makes friends that will come help you out. I do have to say that it's pretty lame that high level toons that can fly will run around ganking lowbies who can't get away - repeatedly.

Corpsecamping is technically pvp. It's also lame pvp. So yeah, it happens. And the guys who do it are lame - like the seniors who played on the Junior Varsity squad. Lame.

really you people are now mentioned war crimes and the geneva convention in relation to wow ganking? where is this going to top out? just when I think people couldnt get even sillier guys like you come along.
    Context my good man...context. We're not talking directly about ganking in WoW. The subject shifted to Professional Soliders in the real world.

Also, In this game and other games like Battlefield 3, Call of Duty. People always say "It's war! Anything goes" Yet, that's not 100% true. In Context of "It's war!" the civilized World has rules. Just because I have a gun and I'min a foregin country, doesn't mean I have a free pass to kill at will.

In the US, back in the "Wild West days", if you didn't like someone, you could just shoot him and maybe no one cares. I imagine some people used the same mindset of "It's called the Wild West, Move back East if you don't like it!" At the same time, they probably complained about the Indians for being savages.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2012-11-06 at 04:53 PM.

Killing someone your own lvl = great
    Killing someone your own level multiple times = awesome
    Killing a low lvl person with no defense against you = funny
    Killing a low lvl person with no defense against you every time they rez for more than 10+ times = you sir are a douche, but whatever

Deleted
    Context my good man...context. We're not talking directly about ganking in WoW. The subject shifted to Professional Soliders in the real world.

Also, In this game and other games like Battlefield 3, Call of Duty. People always says "It's war anything goes" Yet, that's not 100% true. In Context to "It's war" the civilized World has rules. Much like in the US back in the "Wild West days", if you didn't like someone, you could just shot him. I imagine some people used the same mindset of "It's called the Wild West, Move back East if you don't like it!" At the same time, they probably complained about the Indians for being savages.
    I couldnt care less man im not reading an essay this is a video game it has no relation to anything in real life and anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron with serious mental issues. nuff said

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    Killing someone who has no chance of defending themselves is the move of a coward the same as bullying. It'd be nice if people figured out that PvP is engaging with someone who could possibly give you a challenge

I think you need to learn what PvP actually means. Player vs Player. Regardless of level, if you are level 90 and kill a level 1 it's still PvP.

I couldnt care less man im not reading an essay this is a video game it has no relation to anything in real life and anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron with serious mental issues. nuff said
    That's fine, but you responded to a post, in response to a post, and you didn't know the context of what you were responding to. So If you don't want to read the essay, then maybe you shouldn't randomly respond to something out of context.

Don't worry, I'm sure Azeroth will get there eventually.

I have only corpse-camped one person. I was leveling a holy priest on a pvp server from 1-60. It was bad. Very bad. I got ganked by rogues so often, that I when I happened to be in the Hinterlands and saw a low level rogue, I camped them for over an hour.

Honestly, even mentioning civilized society, The Geneva Convention, etc, is freaking ridiculous. It's not even remotely applicable here.

If anything, Azeroth would be more easily compared to the Dark Ages, or any other time in history where society could be described as anything BUT civilized.

Don't worry, I'm sure Azeroth will get there eventually.
    Technically isn't it already there ? There is the quest chain in Stonetalon, in which a General nukes a Village. Garrosh appears and gets all excited that the General has turned him into a murder and lectures him about always holding fast to their honor above all else, he then punishes the General with a drop off the cliff (aka death). So you see, even in game, "It's war" doesn't cover killing anything, anytime you want :P

Honestly, even mentioning civilized society, The Geneva Convention, etc, is freaking ridiculous. It's not even remotely applicable here.

Again, Context. War crimes and Geneva convention was a side topic, not about WoW directly. Even though, as I noted above, even in Game, there is a sense of right and wrong during war shown by Garrosh.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2012-11-06 at 05:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between the third and fourth circle of hell
    I wish people would try to gank me. Sadly, the horde are very skiddish on Darkspear.

When you are getting camped, as in not ganked once but several times, don't be a baby about it. Try this:

+Get friends involved
    +Get your guild involved
    +Get random strangers in the area involved

Rather then getting mad or frustrated, escalate the fight and turn it into something fun. You can help your friends fight even at low levels with any kind of spammable crowd control or heals. At this point, you aren't getting ganked, you are part of a fight that could be fun. It gets even better if your ganker also escalates and you turn it into an open world battle.

If the above does not sound like fun to you, you should not roll on a pvp realm. You can play with your pvp realm friends via the cross-realm features the game now has, and when solo playing you can remain safely unflagged.

Desktop: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.8GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, Dual Nvidia GTX 470 SLI
    Laptop: 2.2GHz Core i7, 8GB DDR3 1333, 2GB Radeon HD 6990