How Does A Shaman kill you in the air?

There I was thinking I was safe, sitting AFK in the air watching TV, and all of a sudden this shaman comes up to me in the air on a mount. And kills me. How? It's not like he's a druid and has an instant cast mount he can use to just attack and then instantly be flying again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Druids can't do it anyway because when they enter combat they can't mount anymore.

A Shaman can do it by parachuting next to you with Spiritwalker's Grace and burning you into oblivion with whatever they want. If he also had any pvp gear and you didn't, would have been even easier. Shamans are currently quite powerful when allowed to freecast in pvp.

This is a lie.

I had a druid do the same thing to me in Zuldrak yesterday, kept using his instant dot and then instantly returning into flight form in order to not die from falling as I was really high in the air.

And the Shaman was not using a parachute, he was flying on the horde mount and it didn't even look like he dismounted. I did notice before I died that I had a flame shock debuff on me, I suppose I could check DN, but I honestly have a hard time deciphering what it says. But I KNOW that he was both mounted, and did not dismount, and I KNOW that the druid was returning to flight form.

It is true. Druids can only go back to flight form 6 seconds after they last hit the enemy target. This means they potentially can go back to flight before hitting the ground. It is a matter of how high up you were. Regardless what Shangalar said is true.

Then all I have to say is either you confused what happened with the shaman out of frustration OR that he was exploiting a bug because he does have to dismount in order to take any action at you assuming you are over 40yds above ground. I would bet on the first scenario if I had to.

With all of that in mind, regardless of how high in the air you are you can always still get killed. In particular there is that 15 mins use stupid trinket that dismounts you meaning well...anybody who farmed the appropriate rare mob to get this item could kill you at least once every 15 mins. He would then parachute or slowfall or levitate etc. in order not to get killed himself from the fall damage.

Well during Hallow's end I was doing that to people on my rogue with KS and the instant cast broom mount. Good times. Now that the brooms are gone though I don't see how he could have an instant cast mount. Also any action he takes, like hit an offensive button with an enemy targeted, dismounts him. The only thing I can think of is a bug or what Deau's post says.

What zone were you in when this happened, out of curiosity?
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Deau View Post
    In particular there is that 15 mins use stupid trinket that dismounts you meaning well...anybody who farmed the appropriate rare mob to get this item could kill you at least once every 15 mins. He would then parachute or slowfall or levitate etc. in order not to get killed himself from the fall damage.
    Wrong. The item has a very small cast time making it impossible to use while falling. Trust me, I've tried it.
    "Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron."- Cracked.com

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The shaman could have dismounted above you and cast flame shock (and possibly spiritwalker's grace) (and possibly one or more attacks while falling). An elemental shaman coupling SWG with Ascendance (and possibly Elemental Mastery or Bloodlust) (and, ideally, a parachute) while falling can do some serious damage to a mounted AFK player.

It is completely possible, from the information you have provided, that:
    • You have less than ~300k health, and therefore were easily blown up by a pvp-geared level 90.
    • You were alt-tabbed (or not looking at the screen at all) for plenty of time for even a minimally geared shaman to chip away at your health, and tabbed/looked back just prior to your demise.
    • You were within 40 yards of a surface the shaman could have stood on to blow you up, and mounted up to watch the final flameshock ticks kill you.
    • The shaman was hacking.

My best guess is that the shaman flew above you, dismounted, popped CDs and blew you up most way, fell out of range, maybe tossed a quick heal, and mounted up to come finish the job (or repeated the cycle a couple times). You tabbed/looked back in time to see the shaman flying back up to make sure they finished the job, and they were rewarded with a nice view of your death and your plummeting corpse.

Side note: I've done the fly => dismount => DoT => land => remount => fly, etc. as a warlock many times myself.

15+ Year Old Account
    im not sure you guys know but engineering have new form of parachute that let you glide around slowly with full control of your descending so with ascendance and SWG its pretty easy to kill flying afk targets :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL0k5...eature=related

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by Damerflinn View Post
    This is a lie.

I had a druid do the same thing to me in Zuldrak yesterday, kept using his instant dot and then instantly returning into flight form in order to not die from falling as I was really high in the air.
    I'm gonna have to go ahead and call shennanigans :P

It could be someone making use of multi passenger mounts as the second person can mount in it from midair and when dismounted the passenger gain a parachute.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Wait...I have one but have not tried it. Turtle shell can be used without dismounting?

10+ Year Old Account
    The turtle shell doesn't work on lvl 90's. At least it didn't last time I checked. and I think it dismounts you.

It certainly works on 90's, I use it in bgs all the time. Catching the guy that cuts into field of strife just a hair too much is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by bot v2.38beta View Post
    Wrong. The item has a very small cast time making it impossible to use while falling. Trust me, I've tried it.
    I don't know how. It was regular practice to jump off cliffs and use the broom mid-flight. I did it quite a bit once I finally got mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    The turtle shell doesn't work on lvl 90's. At least it didn't last time I checked. and I think it dismounts you.
    I've had it used on me by the other faction when I was still floating above after their Sha kill.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I don't know how. It was regular practice to jump off cliffs and use the broom mid-flight. I did it quite a bit once I finally got mine.
    I was talking about the shell, not the broom.
    "Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron."- Cracked.com

Tooltip says "OVER" level 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    The turtle shell doesn't work on lvl 90's.
    It definitely does.

There's a short cast time, which means you can't use it while moving (or while mounted). Spiritwalker's Grace also does NOT let you use it while falling, unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It definitely does.

There's a short cast time, which means you can't use it while moving (or while mounted). Spiritwalker's Grace also does NOT let you use it while falling, unfortunately.
    Well I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Tooltip says "OVER" level 90.
    The tooltip says over level 94.