Lightbulb Trouble with Dailies and rep

I've been playing this game since it has released and I've seen blizzard change things for the good and bad. I appreciate them for holding my interest this long with a game that I continue to enjoy. With that said, I've seen some recent changes that have me scratching my head.

Blizzard has always tried to give options which should never be a bad thing but I HATE the fact that you have to do dailies as the core way to earn reputation. I don't think that players should be limited to just one way of gaining reputation. Reading these blue posts, I've gathered that blizz's response to players complaints is that you don't have to do them if you're burnt out or they don't take very much time to do. Keep in mind that these aren't quotes so please stop me if I'm horribly wrong.

People seem to have liked the tabard system, myself included and I can see where other players would like the daily option because people enjoying questing. Blizz at this point in the game when you have two great systems, why not make them both work?

If you included both options as a way of gaining rep but put a daily cap on rep so people aren't just burning through rep too fast, I'd be pretty happy. I think with a method like this, players could choose themselves if they wanted to run a 5man or if they wanted to do dailies. I personally think that blizz took out tabards because people would farm heroics and burn through the rep.

I personally have always hated dailies. I earn gold through professions, and I only quest to see the storyline. I've NEVER been a fan of dailies and hey thats my choice but to now tell me I have to do them if I want to see the rewards is just a jab to my play style and how I enjoy my time in game. I know you can't cater to just one player, but I think there are options so that multiple styles can be somewhat happy.

With dailies and caps, its a way to put a leash on how quickly people go through content and the more control they have over the pace, the longer players will stay subscribed. Hey, I'm not mad at you, its a business first I get it but giving so many options that make players happy just to take it away an expansion or two later seems like a step backward.

I'd love some feedback from other players and everyone who has an honest opinion about the topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamatastic View Post
    I've been playing this game since it has released and I've seen blizzard change things for the good and bad. I appreciate them for holding my interest this long with a game that I continue to enjoy. With that said, I've seen some recent changes that have me scratching my head.

Blizzard has always tried to give options which should never be a bad thing but I HATE the fact that you have to do dailies as the core way to earn reputation. I don't think that players should be limited to just one way of gaining reputation. Reading these blue posts, I've gathered that blizz's response to players complaints is that you don't have to do them if you're burnt out or they don't take very much time to do. Keep in mind that these aren't quotes so please stop me if I'm horribly wrong.

People seem to have liked the tabard system, myself included and I can see where other players would like the daily option because people enjoying questing. Blizz at this point in the game when you have two great systems, why not make them both work?

If you included both options as a way of gaining rep but put a daily cap on rep so people aren't just burning through rep too fast, I'd be pretty happy. I think with a method like this, players could choose themselves if they wanted to run a 5man or if they wanted to do dailies. I personally think that blizz took out tabards because people would farm heroics and burn through the rep.

I personally have always hated dailies. I earn gold through professions, and I only quest to see the storyline. I've NEVER been a fan of dailies and hey thats my choice but to now tell me I have to do them if I want to see the rewards is just a jab to my play style and how I enjoy my time in game. I know you can't cater to just one player, but I think there are options so that multiple styles can be somewhat happy.

With dailies and caps, its a way to put a leash on how quickly people go through content and the more control they have over the pace, the longer players will stay subscribed. Hey, I'm not mad at you, its a business first I get it but giving so many options that make players happy just to take it away an expansion or two later seems like a step backward.

I'd love some feedback from other players and everyone who has an honest opinion about the topic.
    Blizzard has gone back to the BC model of using tabards for vanity instead of letting tabards be used to plow thru a reputation in a single day doing something completely unrelated to that particular faction. While I find it annoying and frustrating it is logical and I've come to terms with it.
    Blizzard has invested a sizable amount of time in creating the faction, the lore, the models and everything else and to see it blown thru in a 3-4 hour period (yes, it would be possible to go 0/3000 Neutral to 999/1000 Exalted in under 4 hours), would be quite upsetting because there is a good chance that person 2-3 months down the line would be screaming about nothing to do.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always been quite fond of dailies, they never bothered me, but I must say this time around I get a bit burned. I have done every single available daily quest since I hit 90, and over the course of weeks, they really feel exhausting, specially in a crowded server like mine, where if you wanna complete them fast, you better group up (I don't mind this, I like it). I stopped doing the dailies from factions I reached exalted. I miss the tabard method greatly, it was nice having 2 ways of earning rep.

I got a toon at 88 (a tailor & enchanter) that I will have to do dailies with to unlock the recipes I need, and honestly, I don't fancy questing with a caster anymore, considering some mobs (mantis hub of shado pan, anyone?) hit like a truck and are sooo packed together. The tabard would be a great solution for this.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Blizzard has gone back to the BC model of using tabards for vanity instead of letting tabards be used to plow thru a reputation in a single day doing something completely unrelated to that particular faction. While I find it annoying and frustrating it is logical and I've come to terms with it.
    Blizzard has invested a sizable amount of time in creating the faction, the lore, the models and everything else and to see it blown thru in a 3-4 hour period (yes, it would be possible to go 0/3000 Neutral to 999/1000 Exalted in under 4 hours), would be quite upsetting because there is a good chance that person 2-3 months down the line would be screaming about nothing to do.
    I agree with you completely. Rep through dailies means that there is a cap in place because you can only do so many quests a day. My point is, what if there is a cap on rep a day and you can reach that cap by either using a tabard or doing dailies. This wouldn't allow players to burn through exalted overnight but It'd give players the option of reaching their daily rep cap with daily quest or 5man heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamatastic View Post
    I agree with you completely. Rep through dailies means that there is a cap in place because you can only do so many quests a day. My point is, what if there is a cap on rep a day and you can reach that cap by either using a tabard or doing dailies. This wouldn't allow players to burn through exalted overnight but It'd give players the option of reaching their daily rep cap with daily quest or 5man heroics.
    And rep thru doing heroics means that all the time invested in the creation of the faction, lore and such is wasted... think about that... maybe if you were wearing the tabard that you got no loot and no cash and no exp from that particular dungeon..

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

there is a good chance that person 2-3 months down the line would be screaming about nothing to do.
    We're already here. For those of us that don't do the daily grind we are at a stand still. I log in twice a week to raid, once for RBG's and then as many days as I can to farm tillers. After that I log out and play other games.

No reason to run heroics/scenerios
    BG's suck due to bots/afkers
    I sometimes do LFR, some weeks i dont.
    pet battles, uh no.
    Challenge modes?!? I think there is some potential here, but I can't seem to get people interested in mini raids lol. I'd prefer to do these in guild but we can't seem to get 5 peopel that want to do them.

So if its nto orginized play then Im not really doing it.

Deleted
    basically tabards are retarded because you will end up doing only dungeons, no reason to do anything else (gear, rep, valor points)
    also there's much less room to proper faction characterization, cata and wotlk reps were terrible for a reason

And rep thru doing heroics means that all the time invested in the creation of the faction, lore and such is wasted... think about that... maybe if you were wearing the tabard that you got no loot and no cash and no exp from that particular dungeon..
    Haha I'd take that any day because that fits my play style. The creation of faction and lore isn't wasted because there are a great deal of players who would still choose to do dailies over 5mans the beauty of a system like this would be having a choice. I'd take no loot, gold, or exp from a few dungeons a day if it meant I wouldn't have to do daily quests to get my rep.

I appreciate the discussion. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Mazar View Post
    We're already here. For those of us that don't do the daily grind we are at a stand still. I log in twice a week to raid, once for RBG's and then as many days as I can to farm tillers. After that I log out and play other games.

No reason to run heroics/scenerios
    BG's suck due to bots/afkers
    I sometimes do LFR, some weeks i dont.
    pet battles, uh no.
    Challenge modes?!? I think there is some potential here, but I can't seem to get people interested in mini raids lol. I'd prefer to do these in guild but we can't seem to get 5 peopel that want to do them.

So if its nto orginized play then Im not really doing it.
    This game is a lot about what YOU do to get fun out of it. If fun is just raiding for then that's too bad you're missing out on a lot of other things Blizz implemented this xpac. I find myself hanging out in 2 Moons and then going off and doing something else.

Can't please everybody, all the time.

I don't really mind dailies all that much on one character. It takes a little over an hour to do Anglers, Tillers, Golden Lotus, Cloud Serpent, Shado Pan, and August Celestials on one character and thats not really that bad.
    But here is the rub...multiply that by six!

Doing dailies on six characters that is over six hours of game time just doing dailies. I don't have six hours of my day to devote to this game each day. Not to mention four other characters that are still stuck at level 85 cause I just do not have the time to level them up.

Raiding. ha. No time for raiding or even running dungeons when I try to get at least three characters through the daily rep grind each day.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have piles of open threads about dailies. Please do a quick search and post your thoughts in the relevant threads