Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LFR loot suggestion

So i'm sure alot of people have come across a couple of issues with lfr loot.

1.Gear just never seems to drop for you at all.
    2.The gear that drops you already have or you didn't need.
    3.No loot from boss or coin.

The problem is we have no control over the rolls. It rolls for you even if you don't need gear of a particular boss.

My suggestion to Blizz is to add an interface similar to the coin system. Where a window comes up after the boss is dead and says roll/pass. If there is nothing you need hit pass it gives you gold. Thus, (please correct me if im wrong) giving everyone else a better chance at obtaining gear. If you roll it gives you a chance at boss loot yes even if you already have that item. However if you use a coin then it looks at your gear after rolling if it sees the same item then it gives you something else thus making the coins have more value. (with exception of things like warriors, rogues and their weapons)

I'm sure there are a million and half reasons that Blizz haven't done something like this and i'm sure someone is going to poke holes all through this but this is just my suggestion.

Thanks for your time,
    Wipeanrunbak

Quote Originally Posted by Wipeanrunbak View Post
    Thus, (please correct me if im wrong) giving everyone else a better chance at obtaining gear.

Wrong. Everyone in LFR's roll's are independent and completely unreliant on the actions of the others.

Just because you roll does not mean 'if' you get loot you should get something you do not currently have. Blizzard will not put a guaranteed usability function into place. It would allow to much ease in gearing, and then never returning.

Random Number Generation is a cruel mistress.

*shudder* MC days..

3 weeks nothing but mage loot

anyone reading the forums during the MC days remembers the running jokes about locks and sacraficial chickens for lock loot and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyboombat View Post
    Random Number Generation is a cruel mistress.
    LOL! yea RNG sucks. Thanks for the quick feed back.

I'll take this new system over the old one any day of the week.

Sure it sucks I won the same chest piece twice in a row, but can't get the weapon I want. Sure it sucks on my Shaman I got 2 different cloaks in the same run. But I'll take this new system over the others any day of the week

I think it would be more reasonable to allow for passing on specific bosses, and as a result, it gives you a higher chance at loot from the ones you didn't pass from.

yea that would be a pretty cool option as the only piece i currently need is the bow from last boss in MV. Which I don't believe it exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    I think it would be more reasonable to allow for passing on specific bosses, and as a result, it gives you a higher chance at loot from the ones you didn't pass from.
    No.

The current system is ok and till today many players didn't understand how it works.
    Before the current system, drops were shown for everyone and every player who could use that could roll. This has some flaws since everyone rolls on an item even if they have or not.
    Today, this doesn't happen anymore. The rolls are individuals and the TOP ones receive the loot chosen from the loot table based on your spec and class.

Both of the systems are random and the new one is so much better than cata's system.

I equipped real fast killing bosses and using coins when I needed too. But, everything is RNG and this is fine. LFR is too see content, not to equip faster than usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XingoJenkins View Post
    Both of the systems are random and the new one is so much better than cata's system.
    Accept the part where you can run LFR for 3-4 weeks and get no loot.
    The current loot system just 'feels' totally wrong, you are running bosses and not seeing any loot. Rolling/looting should not happen behind the curtains so to speak.
    Last edited by mmoc1b829edf9e; 2012-11-06 at 06:23 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butger View Post
    Accept the part where you can run LFR for 3-4 weeks and get no loot.
    The current loot system just 'feels' totally wrong, you are running bosses and not seeing any loot. Rolling/looting should not happen behind the curtains so to speak.
    Happened under cata's LFR too
    Happens in quilds too if you don;t see the items drop
    The current system is leaps and bounds better than any loot system they have implemented to date.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I queue up for LFR to get some gear for my off spec and occasionally hit a boss a few times to get free loot. Why would I want to change something that works perfectly for me?
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Wipeanrunbak View Post
    So i'm sure alot of people have come across a couple of issues with lfr loot.
    It would seem to me that there is no issue other than you may not have got the drops you want yet. The loot system is fine the way it is, and if you keep at it eventually you will get most if not all of gear you can use from each raid. You're not meant to get everything you want in the first 4 weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frequency View Post
    Happened under cata's LFR too
    Happens in quilds too if you don;t see the items drop
    The current system is leaps and bounds better than any loot system they have implemented to date.
    It did happen in Cata too, but at least there was still the 'roll' part where you'd know you had a 'chance' for a piece of loot.
    I Agree the current system is more fair, however the system works behind the scenes, taking away the thrill of looting/rolling/viewing drops other ppl got/trading.

Cata's system allowed for faster gearing too, especially when ppl would be overgeard and greed/trade the items. (ofcourse this gets ruinig by ninjaing)
    One can argue about the rate of gear, for me it's not wirth it to grind LFR week after week, at this rate I feel like it'll take 4-5 months to complete a gear-set.

10+ Year Old Account
    One can argue about the rate of gear, for me it's not wirth it to grind LFR week after week, at this rate I feel like it'll take 4-5 months to complete a gear-set.
    welcome to raiding hun. this is exactly the same stuff that happens in normal's and heroics. my example: during the firelands patch, i went for 16 weeks without seeing a single upgrade. read "seeing" as in the bosses there didnt even drop a piece of gear for my class, let alone having a chance to roll for it. bad luck is bad luck and shouldnt change just because its lfr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

EIther you don't see the loot that drops and complain. Or you SEE the loot that someone else got and complain.

Either way, you still do not have the loot. The old system allowed people to blame others for them not getting what they want, and often harass those people.

There is no one to harass now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    welcome to raiding hun. this is exactly the same stuff that happens in normal's and heroics. my example: during the firelands patch, i went for 16 weeks without seeing a single upgrade. read "seeing" as in the bosses there didnt even drop a piece of gear for my class, let alone having a chance to roll for it. bad luck is bad luck and shouldnt change just because its lfr.
    During my raiding career I've never seen something like that, but I guess it's possible. Anyway, at least Normal Raids are fun.
    It's pretty much the issue for me I guess, I don't want to do this dumb content (LFR) over and over again for a nice gear-set, it feels like a chore. (but don't have time for normal raids anymore)

Accept the part where you can run LFR for 3 weeks and get no loot.
    Good luck next time.

in 30 to 45 minutes you can clear both parts of MSV.

I can tell that I'm lucky, cause I got 3 items in the first run I did in part one. After that, I was looking for Bow from Will of the Emperor and used 3 or 4 coins already and nothing till now. Yes, rng sucks but is something necessary.

What I can suggest is to remove from loot rolls those players who already got everything from that boss. For example:

Player A is a Hunter.
    Player B is a Warlock.
    Player C is a Druid resto.

Player A is going first part of LFR Mogu Shan Vaults on week 2.
    Player B is going first part of LFR Mogu Shan Vaults on week 2.
    Player C is going first part of LFR Mogu Shan Vaults on week 2.

Player A already got bracers from the first boss of Mogu Shan Vaults on week 1.
    Player B has 1/2 items (ring) that he's eligible to use from the week 1.
    Player C never did Mogu Shan Vaults.

The loot that player A is eligible to receive from the first boss is only the bracers.
    The loot that player B is eligible to receive from the first boss is a bracer and a ring (2 items).
    The loot that player C is eligible to receive from the first boss is a bracer and a ring (2 items).

Boss dies.
    RNG comes in.
    Hunter rolls 97 < gets Item
    Warlock rolls 35 < gets Item
    Druid rolls 42

Hunter already got what he is eligible to get, so he will be "eliminated" from the loot rolls

Warlock 35 < gets Item
    Druid rolls 42 < gets Item
    Hunter rolls 0

Warlock will get one of both items he is eligible and gets another ring.
    Druid gets a bracer.
    Hunter gets gold.

Warlock still has with 1/2 items
    Druid now has 1/2 items
    Hunter still has 1/1 item.

What I want to suggest: Players who already have all items that he can use will not participate on the loot rolls.

Obs:
    Druid come back in week 3, but now he is Balance specced.

Druid will now have a new loot table for him, giving him 0/1 items made specially for caster dps specs (the 1/2 from the last week is for resto).
    Last edited by XingoJenkins; 2012-11-06 at 06:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    During my raiding career I've never seen something like that, but I guess it's possible. Anyway, at least Normal Raids are fun.
    It's pretty much the issue for me I guess, I don't want to do this dumb content (LFR) over and over again for a nice gear-set, it feels like a chore. (but don't have time for normal raids anymore)
    all i can say is sorry. bad luck hurts sometimes. you have to accept it if you "Really" want to complete that outfit. it would be nice to only have to down a boss once and get everything you needed from it, but that simply ruins it for other people who were not able to get on that first week. RNG keeps the pool of players healthy enough so that people like us, with bad luck, can still get a group to hopefully beat the curse.

i understand LFR might not be your preferred choice of gear progression, but i feel the same for other methods. and i suffer through them if the reward is something i want bad enough.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2012-11-06 at 06:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Good luck next time.

Boss dies.
    RNG comes in.
    Hunter rolls 97 < gets Item
    Warlock rolls 35 < gets Item
    Druid rolls 42

Hunter already got what he is eligible to get, so he will be "eliminated" from the loot rolls

Warlock 35 < gets Item
    Druid rolls 42 < gets Item
    Hunter rolls 0

Warlock will get one of both items he is eligible and gets another ring.
    Druid gets a bracer.
    Hunter gets gold.

Warlock still has with 1/2 items
    Druid now has 1/2 items
    Hunter still has 1/1 item.

What I want to suggest: Players who already have all items that he can use will not participate on the loot rolls.

Obs:
    Druid come back in week 3, but now he is Balance specced.

Druid will now have a new loot table for him, giving him 0/1 items made specially for caster dps specs (the 1/2 from the last week is for resto).
    Except this is implying that what the Hunter rolls affects what the Druid will get. Which it doesn't. With your system, even if you take out the hunter's roll, the druid will still not get loot, because that's not how it works. Its not a fixed amount of players that get loot. Its everyone who rolls higher (or lower) than a certain number. So even the NUMBER of people who get loot will be random. Everyone could hypothetically get loot. And, at an equally low chance, nobody could get loot.

And there is really no reason to use your system. Getting a piece of loot you already have is like having something drop in normal/heroic that nobody needs. Just vendor or shard it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good luck next time.

in 30 to 45 minutes you can clear both parts of MSV.

I can tell that I'm lucky, cause I got 3 items in the first run I did in part one. After that, I was looking for Bow from Will of the Emperor and used 3 or 4 coins already and nothing till now. Yes, rng sucks but is something necessary.

What I can suggest is to remove from loot rolls those players who already got everything from that boss. For example:

Player A is a Hunter.
    Player B is a Warlock.
    Player C is a Druid resto.

[...]
    You're missing the main point of the LFR loot system: Rolls are already independent of each other.

When the boss dies, a roll is done for every player in the raid. Anyone who rolls less than 10 (I'm picking an arbitrary number) will receive a piece of loot appropriate for their spec. Anyone who rolls 10 or more will receive gold.