15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Facism is certainly far right wing, at least in Europe, neo-nazis etc.

You even got groups like AFA(anti fascist action) which is 100% leftwing who violantly will fight facist groups.

I gotta say, some of those buttons look pretty kickass.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    Your boss was very nice. But not everyone's employer is comprehensive as yours. Why don't you held elections on weekends, then?
    Dunno, but I suspect it has something to do with Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays being religious days in various religions.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Im actually a student, but between forgetting to register, having multiple tests, not getting absentee, and the fact I'd have to take at 3 hours of the day to go vote where I would be allowed to, I fubar'd my vote.

I'd be far more accepting of the tea party if they just stuck to their "resposible finances" roots, but thats a discussion for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Dunno, but I suspect it has something to do with Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays being religious days in various religions.
    Even more of a reason to hold them on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Question to americans, are you nervous about the outcome or are you confident in your prefered canditate?
    I'm not American, but I am fucking terrified.

If Mitt Romney gets in he is going to cause a lot of trouble for the world. We'll see China become an enemy of America because of his branding them as a currency manipulator and a job thief. In return, China will increase their interest rates on the several trillions of dollars it has lent the US. This will mean they wont be able to pay back other nations such as Greece, Portugal or Spain on their interest rates, and these nations can't handle that lack of income.

Those countries will collapse and others in the Eurozone will follow because their debts are based on others not defaulting (Germany, France and the United Kingdom). Overall if he gets in I am seriously concerned for my business here in the U.K! While above is a pretty stark and dangerous reality, it is possible under his proposed plans, and if he does win my meeting with other members of the board will be about how best to move our company to a more secure and less volatile country who is less likely to get hit by these events.

Just a non-American International Business view on the situation for you all to ponder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I don't follow your meaning.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 09:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post

If Mitt Romney gets in he is going to cause a lot of trouble for the world. We'll see China become an enemy of America because of his branding them as a currency manipulator and a job thief. In return, China will increase their interest rates on the several trillions of dollars it has lent the US. This will mean they wont be able to pay back other nations such as Greece, Portugal or Spain on their interest rates, and these nations can't handle that lack of income.

Those countries will collapse and others in the Eurozone will follow because their debts are based on others not defaulting (Germany, France and the United Kingdom). Overall if he gets in I am seriously concerned for my business here in the U.K! While above is a pretty stark and dangerous reality, it is possible under his proposed plans, and if he does win my meeting with other members of the board will be about how best to move our company to a more secure and less volatile country who is less likely to get hit by these events.

Just a non-American International Business view on the situation for you all to ponder.
    You don't really have to worry about Romney winning. That ship has sailed. You SHOULD be a bit worried about the house and senate races.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I think holding an election on the weekend would actually deter a lot of voters.

Deleted
    So who's winning? I'm English lol and the coverage isn't that big over here, and I cba to turn on the TV either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post

Looks like a non-American, alarmist, end of the world scenario. Let me guess, all this plays out on 12/21/12 as a result of Romney winning?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthwings View Post
    So who's winning? I'm English lol and the coverage isn't that big over here, and I cba to turn on the TV either.
    The results wont start coming in untill the polls start closing. few hours still.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first polls don't close for another hour and a half.

Deleted
    Dolan shall win ! nah but hopefully Obama, wich i strongly believe

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    Looks like a non-American, alarmist, end of the world scenario. Let me guess, all this plays out on 12/21/12 as a result of Romney winning?
    Please avoid arguments. Its just an opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny, whatever the outcome will be the two parties are forced to make peace and deal with the deficit before the country goes bankrupt.
    There is some hope of cooperation in this mess after all

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I don't follow your meaning.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 09:34 PM ----------

You don't really have to worry about Romney winning. That ship has sailed. You SHOULD be a bit worried about the house and senate races.
    Romney is going to will in a landslide today. The race will be over before the polling places on the west coast are even closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    I actually tend to agree with this. I think good change is generally slow change, there's a lot of bad that can come from trying to shake things up too much.
    Welcome to the Republican party...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Romney is going to will in a landslide today. The race will be over before the polling places on the west coast are even closed.
    What makes you think Romney is going to win in a landslide when all the evidence is pointing to the contrary?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    Maybe, who knows. But hey, lets not try and paint me as a nutter who thinks the universe is about to implode because of him. Everything I mentioned is fact, and while he may not keep to his promises, and china might not increase their interest rates as much because of it, I do know that many high-profile companies around the world are preparing for the U.S. to start reducing their payments to other nations.

If you're going to start labeling people and making assumptions, you might want to get a clue on the facts first.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I think holding an election on the weekend would actually deter a lot of voters.
    Well I think it would be multifaceted: people who hate the influence of religion would see a decrease, all the drunken party college goers wouldnt vote because they're too hung over, and the hard working people who work weekdays would use their time off to vote, instead of their unquestionable right to democracy being denied by their boss.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    I'll keep this in mind, and we'll see tomorrow.