Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Galleon no longer guranteed after maintenance?

Im wondering if they changed it so you can't have a pretty much guaranteed spawn after maintenance. Been checking with crossrealm friends and he doesn't seem to be up on any of their servers. Any1 seen him up yet?

He never was. He works like any other rare mob - he has a reset timer at "X" (basicly, let's say 3 days), and after X has passed, he then has a chance to spawn every Y interval (let's say 1hr). So basicly, kill him wednesday at 7 AM, he'll be able to spawn saturday at 7 AM, but might not do it untill 3 PM. He usually does within 12 hours, which means that he'll be back up again somewhere between tuesday and wednesday night - when the maintenance happens.
    If he spawns fast both times, or is left up for a long time / spawns slow, it'll "offset" the balance, and he'll start spawning later or earlier (but you won't notice it earlier, as it's during a maintenance) - ours is spawning during the evening on wednesdays now, or morning thursdays .

This is for EU, just substitute Wednesday with Tuesday and Saturday with Friday if you're US.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    He never was. He works like any other rare mob - he has a reset timer at "X" (basicly, let's say 3 days), and after X has passed, he then has a chance to spawn every Y interval (let's say 1hr).

This is for EU, just substitute Wednesday with Tuesday and Saturday with Friday if you're US.
    On Eredar EU he was always up immediately after the maintenance. Has always been that case, killed him every week between 5:45 AM and 6:00 AM on a Wednesday.

Last edited by Snuzzfizzle; 2012-11-06 at 11:14 PM.

Deleted
    Al'akir EU saw him twice the past 2 weeks now, every time after the maintenance.

Deleted
    World server went down on Turalyon a couple of days ago and Galleon spawned immediately afterwards, for what that's worth.

To the above posters. US had Maintenance today. When servers came up, Galleon was not up on any realm like it used to be previously. This is why the question was asked. No one cares about 2 weeks ago, we are talking today.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    To the above posters. US had Maintenance today. When servers came up, Galleon was not up on any realm like it used to be previously. This is why the question was asked. No one cares about 2 weeks ago, we are talking today.
    Smolderthorn US. It was up right away. So your statement is false.

few hours ago blackmoore-eu somehow DC'ed and was offline for ~3-4 minutes right after that and a few seconds he spawned, again - while after the latest maintenance he didn't .. its really weird
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

As I understand it when the game went live he spawned after each maintenance but it was quickly patched to stop that happening.

What I am sure of is that he is absolutely not guaranteed to respawn after a reset, I've seen a reset where he did not appear myself (US-Thaurissan). However for various reasons you might be more likely to catch him right after a reset - for one thing because that's the first time when you can be sure he hasn't been killed already. I'm sure he will sometimes spawn after a reset it just isn't guaranteed.

There might be different procedures that Blizzard uses for a rolling restart compared to a long maintenance period. One may reset Galleon's respawn timer while the other does not. I suppose we'll have more conclusive evidence when someone crashes the server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yisile View Post
    There might be different procedures that Blizzard uses for a rolling restart compared to a long maintenance period. One may reset Galleon's respawn timer while the other does not. I suppose we'll have more conclusive evidence when someone crashes the server.
    That happened on Bloodhoof EU this week, I dont remember the exact date but it was after thursday. Anyways the server crashed (this was done on purpose by a few individuals) and Galleon spawned right after.

Quote Originally Posted by scadouche View Post
    Read the official forums, several servers reported it not being up like it normally is after maintenance. It spawned on Illidan 6 hours later after maintenance and then proceeded to crash the server.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

US-Suramar it's 9:48PM Eastern (6:48PM Server) and he hasn't been up for the last 4 or 5 days. Wasn't up today either.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stormrage-US hasn't seen him for 4-5 days. No spawn after maintenance today.

Quote Originally Posted by scadouche View Post
    On Balnazzar, this. Same as every other week since release.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    On Eredar EU he was always up immediately after the maintenance. Has always been that case, killed him every week between 5:45 AM and 6:00 AM on a Wednesday.

Same on my realm.

Deleted
    He better be up when EU realms open. Hasn't spawned nearly for 6 days now on my realm. The worst f*cking thing about Galleon is that he actually drops BiS or 2nd BiS items for my mage. GfreakingG Blizzard, as if you didn't learn from Doomlord/Kazzak that unreliable world bosses with long spawn timers are absolutely retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post

I've got 10 total, 7 on my hunter, 2 on my DK, and 1 on my druid (hunter stopped needing loot). Your point being?

In any case, I'm still quite sure what I said is true - it's a coincidence with his timer that he spawned after maintenance.

Deleted
    He never was. He works like any other rare mob - he has a reset timer at "X" (basicly, let's say 3 days), and after X has passed, he then has a chance to spawn every Y interval (let's say 1hr). So basicly, kill him wednesday at 7 AM, he'll be able to spawn saturday at 7 AM, but might not do it untill 3 PM. He usually does within 12 hours, which means that he'll be back up again somewhere between tuesday and wednesday night - when the maintenance happens.
    If he spawns fast both times, or is left up for a long time / spawns slow, it'll "offset" the balance, and he'll start spawning later or earlier (but you won't notice it earlier, as it's during a maintenance) - ours is spawning during the evening on wednesdays now, or morning thursdays .

I used to agree with your theory. However, this week's spawn times were as follows:
    Wednesday 5:40 AM (right after reset, as always)
    Thursday 10:07 PM

Which doesn't make any sense, and implies that the spawn of Galleon is much more random than we want to believe. It spawned 34 hours after a kill, and after that it didnt't spawn for over 125 hours. (And yes it was camped the entire week, it didnt't spawn after thursday)

Are you serious?????

He never was.
    Stop that, just stop.

How would you like it if everyone just spewed shit to you whenever you tried asking a question?

On Tichondrius, he's been up EVERY Tuesday since release, the second the server comes up. If he's not there, it's likely because someone logged in before you, on top of him. He then resets and despawns for 20 seconds or so.