Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Rep tabards after revered

We should really have this. We can choose whether to grind the other 21k of rep by doing dailies or doing dungeons.

Why?

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by RTS View Post
    We should really have this. We can choose whether to grind the other 21k of rep by doing dailies or doing dungeons.
    Ill take the item that gives you 100% bonus any day over tabards.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would rather have it so that you could buy an Account bound rep. tabard when you've hit exalted, so that your alts can more easily catch up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RTS View Post
    Why? Why do you need this? you already can chose.. chose to either do what is necessary, or dont... that is your choice.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Nty, I want tabards to be the reward, not a helping hand.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

How about doing it like that fishing thing? Nat's Fishing Journal

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather have this at Friendly tbh. Options are good. If you would rather do dailies to rep grind, do them. If you prefer to grind dungeons, do that. If the fear is that you could get exalted through dungeons too quickly, put a daily rep cap on them.

Point is, give us options. I don't see why it has to be either-or.

I'm so sick of questing. So very very sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavol View Post
    I would rather have this at Friendly tbh. Options are good. If you would rather do dailies to rep grind, do them. If you prefer to grind dungeons, do that. If the fear is that you could get exalted through dungeons too quickly, put a daily rep cap on them.

Because grinding dungeons just wearing some faction their tabard makes no sense. Why exactly would this faction increase its reputation with you for that. Where when you quest and actually give them something. Just because you want a lazy way of getting what you want doesn't mean that it makes any sense lore-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavol View Post

Then why play a game that is built around questing? And then complain about it

Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    Because grinding dungeons just wearing some faction their tabard makes no sense. Why exactly would this faction increase its reputation with you for that. Where when you quest and actually give them something. Just because you want a lazy way of getting what you want doesn't mean that it makes any sense lore-wise.
    This is the worst argument I've ever seen.

You're slaying bad guys under the banner of a specific faction. Why the hell WOULDN'T they be happy you're doing this.

Also, tabards for rep have worked exceptionally well for two expansions and no one freaking complained about them because they provided CHOICE. People who preferred dailies did them and those who preferred dungeons did those instead.

Remember also that dungeon gear became irrelevant after the first patch meaning the entire point of dungeons, JUST LIKE DIALIES, were rep items.

It isn't laziness. It's choice. I don't understand why people are being so dense about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    it's working fine like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    This is the worst argument I've ever seen.

You're slaying bad guys under the banner of a specific faction. Why the hell WOULDN'T they be happy you're doing this.

Also, tabards for rep have worked exceptionally well for two expansions and no one freaking complained about them because they provided CHOICE. People who preferred dailies did them and those who preferred dungeons did those instead. Remember also that dungeon gear became irrelevant after the first patch meaning the entire point of dungeons, JUST LIKE DIALIES, were rep items.
    There were no choice. You didn't have dailies for the factions with tabards.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    There were no choice. You didn't have dailies for the factions with tabards.
    Wait what...have you played WotlK or Cataclysm?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Nty, I want tabards to be the reward, not a helping hand.
    If they managed to design tabards that were actually half-decent, maybe.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Wait what...have you played WotlK or Cataclysm?
    Sorry I was talking TBC and WotlK. Yes, they had factions with dailies, but most had to use the dungeon tabard.

While I do not think that they need to bring back tabards for dungeon running rep, I do wish they would add some other way to earn rep than just running dailies. While I do not have any ideas as to what this could be, Blizzard is full of brilliant people. I am sure someone there was some solid ideas for what to add.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    Why exactly would this faction increase its reputation with you for that. Where when you quest and actually give them something. Just because you want a lazy way of getting what you want doesn't mean that it makes any sense lore-wise.
    I guess they would do it for the same reason why Shado'pan dont give you rep for clearing their monastry from Sha, why Golden Lotus won't give you rep for stopping the mantis entering the vale, why the August Celestials won't give rep for cleansing the Jade Temple, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Skarest View Post
    While I do not think that they need to bring back tabards for dungeon running rep, I do wish they would add some other way to earn rep than just running dailies. While I do not have any ideas as to what this could be, Blizzard is full of brilliant people. I am sure someone there was some solid ideas for what to add.
    Actually, things would already be greatly improved if dailies would earn about 250 rep each, rather than the measly 100 that they do now. You can get roughly 1000 rep per day by doing dailies (for a single faction). You need 6K rep to get to friendly, right? Yeah; that's six days. Six bleeding days to get to 'friendly'-status!
    Now imagine you want to get to exalted with that 1K rep per day. Yeah...

I don't mind doing dailies, but I just don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. At all. If the dailies would be more rewarding in terms of faction progression, they wouldn't be as bad, if you ask me.
    I can understand why they wanted to get rid of the tabards: People didn't quest for those factions at all; they just got a tabard and went with it. So; okay, let's not do that anymore. But increase the rep gained from quests.

Buy item with toon that is Revered, whole ACCOUNT gets rep 100% faster (including toon going from Revered to Exalted).

You don't wanna daily? Then the rewards don't mean that much to you. It's not mandatory. If you CHOOSE to say that item is BiS and I need it, that is your choice.

Mounts aren't mandatory by ANY measure. I'm a collector, plenty hardcore at that. I made the choice to get all the reps to exalted. As of tomorrow, I am done, every Pandaren rep (except Nat Pagle...) will be Exalted. Some days were dreadful, with like 50+ dailies, but it steadily comes down, if you are persistent. Or break it up and stretch it out once you get to Revered. It takes the same amount of rep from Neutral > Revered, as it does Revered > Exalted, and for what? A new mount or 3? Grats, that will make you raid better, I'm sure...

Frankly, I'd have been fine with no change. Those who want the rewards put in the effort. If you can't do that, then re-think what you want to be doing in-game. The fact my alts will rep up 2x as fast, will just make my life alot less busy. Not even done my 1st alt to 90 yet, just because I'd rather wait to rep them up faster.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 01:10 AM ----------

Sorry I was talking TBC and WotlK. Yes, they had factions with dailies, but most had to use the dungeon tabard.
    Actually, TBC didn't. TBC had specific dungeons that awarded faction rep.

Hellfire Citadel - Thrallmar/Honor Hold
    Coilfang Resevoir - Cenarion Expedtion
    Auchindoun - 3/4 were Lower City, 1/4 was Consortium
    Caverns of Time - Keepers of Time
    Tempest Keep - The Sha'tar
    Magister's Terrace - Shattered Sun Offensive

The factions with dailies (and only dailies) were Ogri'la, Sha'tari Skyguard, and Netherwing. The Shattered Sun Offensive was the only faction to blend dailies with dungeon rep, something we effectively saw more of in WotLK and Cata (though the dailies got heavily de-emphasized, cause it was "slow").

Aside from normal quests (not dailies), and in a couple cases, repeatable turn-ins, there was no other way to raise rep with those factions. Now, that wouldn't be a TERRIBLE model to return to, but it would have to cap out at like Honoured with a faction, not allow you to get all the way to Exalted by running dungeons. And yes, I realize that Honoured with Shado-Pan is virtually handed to you by questing in Townlong anyways. Would make the min/maxers chain-run Shado-Pan til it caps, then quest the zone to get to almost Revered.

But that would be one change I wouldn't mind for my alts. Though, the 5.1 change that is coming is fine enough.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-11-07 at 06:13 AM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.