Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanath View Post
    Yea, our DPS is good
    So we downed Wind Lord fairly easy, once we got the last few details in order. Then we went Heroic Elegon and we realized that there's no way we can down more than 4 waves - even if we wanted to. We're going with 2 melee, since bringing in another ranged way less geared than both our melee, just wouldn't make sense.

What seems to be the issue, is the healing - or the dmg to the raid. We rotated people to soak the explosion from the add, and that part works fine. But during the transition from ph 2 back to ph 1, the adds we get from the pylons seems to cause some issues. Basically we're running out of CD's to use, and we can't kill the fast enough. Then the tank tanking them takes a crap ton of dmg, while the tank on the boss reaches a really high amount of stacks.

10-man Normal Will of the Emperor question:

We have no plate dps in our raid group. our only plate wearers are the two tanks and the Holy Paladin. We've been 2-healing basically everything in MV so far. Can we down this without an off-tank to deal with the Emperor's Strengths? Do we have to three heal it? Our raid dps is not that strong (took us a long time to kill Elegon). We have 4 good dps, but we have a pretty terrible mage who's been holding us back, and a hunter who is still getting his act together. I don't know if we can kill the adds quick enough with only five dps (the elemental shaman - one of the good dps - would have to go resto) and no plate to tank the Strength. The Enh shaman would have to do it.

Any advice? What do we do?
    Our 11 are:
    Prot Pally
    Blood DK
    Rogue
    Warlock
    Ellie Shaman, can go resto
    Enh shaman
    Mage
    Boomkin
    Hunter
    Holy Pally
    Mist Monk
    Last edited by Karazee; 2012-11-05 at 05:46 AM.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post

We have no plate dps in our raid group. our only plate wearers are the two tanks and the Holy Paladin. We've been 2-healing basically everything in MV so far. Can we down this without an off-tank to deal with the Emperor's Strengths? Do we have to three heal it? Our raid dps is not that strong (took us a long time to kill Elegon). We have 4 good dps, but we have a pretty terrible mage who's been holding us back, and a hunter who is still getting his act together. I don't know if we can kill the adds quick enough with only five dps (the elemental shaman - one of the good dps - would have to go resto) and no plate to tank the Strength. The Enh shaman would have to do it.

Our 11 are:
    Prot Pally
    Blood DK
    Rogue
    Warlock
    Enh shaman
    Mage
    Boomkin
    Hunter
    Holy Pally
    Mist Monk
    My old guilds first kill of this in 10man we used 2 tanks 2 healers, the tanks held the strengths + the bosses.
    You don't NEED an offtank, it just makes it easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post

Our 11 are:
    Prot Pally
    Blood DK
    Rogue
    Warlock
    Enh shaman
    Mage
    Boomkin
    Hunter
    Holy Pally
    Mist Monk
    Any class can "tank" Strenght adds literaly! They do not hit you at all , instead they're trying to stun you all the time. I've been doing it with several different classes , all you need to do is to hold aggro on it and keep it away from the camp.
    Obviously do not get stuned , which is by all means easilly avoidable.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    So we downed Wind Lord fairly easy, once we got the last few details in order. Then we went Heroic Elegon and we realized that there's no way we can down more than 4 waves - even if we wanted to. We're going with 2 melee, since bringing in another ranged way less geared than both our melee, just wouldn't make sense.

What seems to be the issue, is the healing - or the dmg to the raid. We rotated people to soak the explosion from the add, and that part works fine. But during the transition from ph 2 back to ph 1, the adds we get from the pylons seems to cause some issues. Basically we're running out of CD's to use, and we can't kill the fast enough. Then the tank tanking them takes a crap ton of dmg, while the tank on the boss reaches a really high amount of stacks.
    The phase transition back to phase 1 can be tricky, and you need to be able to handle it very efficiently.

Make sure you destroy all the pylons close to at the same time to reduce the number of adds you get. We had the players call out when their pylon was low (<20%), and then wait a bit for the rest before destroying them.

Then we proceeded to run towards the console to stack up all the adds there. One of the tanks picked up the adds while the other tank gets ready to pick up the boss asap. When the floor appears, the add tank move them all together between the boss and the console (inside the ring), we stun them and quickly AOE them down. Once the adds are dead, the tank resets his stack and takes the boss from the other tank who then picks up the big add and you can continue as in the first phase 1.

To sum it up; destroy the pylons close to at the same time, stack up the adds and kill them quickly and efficiently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanath View Post
    The phase transition back to phase 1 can be tricky, and you need to be able to handle it very efficiently.

Make sure you destroy all the pylons close to at the same time to reduce the number of adds you get. We had the players call out when their pylon was low (<20%), and then wait a bit for the rest before destroying them.

Then we proceeded to run towards the console to stack up all the adds there. One of the tanks picked up the adds while the other tank gets ready to pick up the boss asap. When the floor appears, the add tank move them all together between the boss and the console (inside the ring), we stun them and quickly AOE them down. Once the adds are dead, the tank resets his stack and takes the boss from the other tank who then picks up the big add and you can continue as in the first phase 1.

To sum it up; destroy the pylons close to at the same time, stack up the adds and kill them quickly and efficiently.

Heroic Elegon down after several really close attempts - wiping on 0.9% GG. Anyways, cheers for the tips.

Next reset we'll be going for the last 2 bosses in HoF and Heroic Spirit Kings

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Elegon down after several really close attempts - wiping on 0.9% GG. Anyways, cheers for the tips.

Next reset we'll be going for the last 2 bosses in HoF and Heroic Spirit Kings
    Heroic Elegon is the master of low % wipes.
    Half a dozen 0.7% wipes really hurts the spirit, but then once you get it down - it just makes it feel so much better.
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Why do you want all pillars to die at the same time? A posted a few posts above says they wait if others are at 20%....

I can understand assigning DPS to pillars so they have the most effective DPS and least loss due to switching/movement. But why would you EVER stop dps on the pillars?

(Spiritbinder died last night so this is our next heroic target).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    Why do you want all pillars to die at the same time? A posted a few posts above says they wait if others are at 20%....

I can understand assigning DPS to pillars so they have the most effective DPS and least loss due to switching/movement. But why would you EVER stop dps on the pillars?

(Spiritbinder died last night so this is our next heroic target).
    Transitions are whorish, less adds the better.

The fight isn't an insane dps check, i mean we couldn't even get close to Garajal but beat elegon by over a minute

Cleaning up transitions lead to our kill.

I would strongly suggest killing all the pillars at the same time.

Also, a bit of extra advice (dont know if i said this in the thread already) but AS SOON as the charges hit the pillars and they are attackable, switch.

8 less adds > the boss down 1% health.

Don't underestimate transitions, you really need them to go smoothly.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Yes, okay but how does killing them at the same time reduce the add spawnrate?

Maybe i'm completely oblivious to the spawn mechanic but i figured it was simply time based... Meaning the faster they die the better, So splitting up DPS is a good thing since then relatively most pillars will die at around the same time... Does this hold true or am i missing some... "Spawns adds based on how many pillars are down while there are still other pillars active" bit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, okay but how does killing them at the same time reduce the add spawnrate?

Maybe i'm completely oblivious to the spawn mechanic but i figured it was simply time based... Meaning the faster they die the better, So splitting up DPS is a good thing since then relatively most pillars will die at around the same time... Does this hold true or am i missing some... "Spawns adds based on how many pillars are down while there are still other pillars active" bit?
    Killing them all at the same time means he will go from 0% (spawns adds extremely extremely slowly) to 120% (maximum) and then instantly transition.
    It's by far the best way to minimize add spawn, whether you want to use the strat or not, is completely up to you.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Okay, i gues i'm a baddy I never realized he had a buff or something when pillars started dying.... Seems like a pretty key mechanic... *starts bashing head into a wall*

Thanks raxxed

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, i gues i'm a baddy I never realized he had a buff or something when pillars started dying.... Seems like a pretty key mechanic... *starts bashing head into a wall*

Thanks raxxed
    http://imgur.com/RF3ik

There's if you need extra information
    Raxxykins

We stayed on the boss until 2-3 seconds before the floor despawned to easier push 3 adds in the second phase 1.

Deleted
    At first we also stayed at the boss for max up time, but we realized that the transition into ph 3 is indeed a bitch and our Pala tank died on several occasions, cause we had too many adds up. Or a dps would die from aggro or a healer even.

We swapped to the pillars instantly, to minimize the amount of adds. Then the other tank and me would run towards the middle, trying to AoE and keep all adds on us. Once we met up at the middle, he would grab as many as he could, while I would run to the boss with whatever adds were still on me. Melee moved with me to cleave the adds I had on me and the ranged took out the other adds but still inside the bubble.

The enrage timer didn't seem to be an issue for us either, so unless you actually reach the enrage timer and wipe, I'd strongly suggest to nuke those pillars asap.

Deleted

You can easily kill 5 then 5 sets of adds, and will probably need to for your first kill. At a minimum 5 and then 4. For the last phase those adds rape like hell, so all kill individual pillars asap and meet at the control panel. Then kite the adds towards the middle, and use fade/images/bops and nuke them before the next protector spawns. You can't just tank them, they'll fuck you up.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Transitions are whorish, less adds the better.

The fight isn't an insane dps check, i mean we couldn't even get close to Garajal but beat elegon by over a minute

Cleaning up transitions lead to our kill.

I would strongly suggest killing all the pillars at the same time.

Also, a bit of extra advice (dont know if i said this in the thread already) but AS SOON as the charges hit the pillars and they are attackable, switch.

8 less adds > the boss down 1% health.

Don't underestimate transitions, you really need them to go smoothly.
    For us it was a massive healing check >.< 2 minutes off enrage and dying to the AOE crap 20 secs into the burn phase was the cause of most of ours.

Raxxed, I notice that you have killed everything in H MSV except for spirit kings. My question is, is it possible to skip them and still do heroic will, or did you sit out for that kill?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't do Heroic Will without doing everything in there. We tried like two weeks ago because Heroic Will looked a lot easier than Spirit Kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doabearelrol View Post
    Raxxed, I notice that you have killed everything in H MSV except for spirit kings. My question is, is it possible to skip them and still do heroic will, or did you sit out for that kill?
    Was sat for the kill.
    You need 5/6H to start H will
    Raxxykins

Quick question : is it possible to try will of the emperor HM without killing every previous bosses in HM ? We're thinking about skipping 4 Kings and go straight for Elegon and Will, can we do that ?

Thanks !
    Last edited by Recom; 2012-11-07 at 12:03 PM.