Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Foto View Post
    Okay well there is really no excuse for not exercising or not having enough time. You say that after all your stuff is done its almost 7pm, even if u r wow'ing or watching tv there is ample time for you to exercise inbetween wipes, ads, even if your studying do 15mins, then do a bit of exercise.
    'Depending on how much time you have, pumping out 15-20 pushups is a pretty quick and easy thing to do. So what I would do is whenever you have a brief moment to spare either do 15-20 push ups, or sit ups, or squats, or pull ups - pull ups can either be full chin ups or incline pull ups (some sort of bar with ur feet on the ground body straight and pull urself up to it.)

Alternating between these and maybe doing each 3-5 times will greatly help, you won't over work anything too badly and the other body parts can rest while you work the other 3 (push, pull, abs, legs). Obviously if you got time you can do a weight session but for now until your official 2 months starts, thats a great way to build some base strength fast whilst you aren't official exercising.

Start with 10 reps of each then build up if you're comfortable coz banging out 20 chin ups can make ou sore with no warm up and limited prior base fitness
    That's some nice beginner information, but I can pull 20 push ups with ease actually. I already do some regular shit training from time to time, like push ups, pull ups etc... but that's totally not showing any effect. If anything it only helps me not fall into skeleton mode once again..

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Okay, that's new for me. Does leg training ( or any other part of the body ) really has any effect on, lets say, my upper chest in terms of hormones? Or simply put... does leg training support my chest training?
    In order for your muscles to grow they need testoserone. I could try to explain it but this guy does it better than i can: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7KyNIKw7-g
    Last edited by Razzo; 2012-11-07 at 12:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    Given his body type I would agree. However, I am at sub 10% body fat and SUCK at climbing... can barely do 5.8s. Truly a shitty sport for us short and stocky folk.
    shhhh learn to dyno =p

Deleted
    That's some nice beginner information, but I can pull 20 push ups with ease actually. I already do some regular shit training from time to time, like push ups, pull ups etc... but that's totally not showing any effect. If anything it only helps me not fall into skeleton mode once again..
    If you do the same things over and over, your body will get used to it, thats why you arent seeing results

Quote Originally Posted by Razzo View Post
    In order for your muscles to grow they need testoserone. I could try to explain it but this guy does it better than i can: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7KyNIKw7-g
    Actually that's very understandable. When I had a car accident three years ago, I was under extreme stress and pressure. I could only guess that my testosterone level increased, too. I was quite aggressive for some time afterwards because I lost a lot of money (my beloved car basically) in that accident. That's about the same time I had my peak regarding muscle and strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Its not impossible to get enough protein, you must be a dumbass.
    You only need 2 grams of protein per kilo of body fat, ofc that can be difficult if you're in a deficit, but you will build low amounts of muscle in a deficit anyway.
    My first meal of the day is 80 grams of Protein and around 1200 calories, so no. Its not difficult.
    And yes, everyone is a hard gainer.
    You worked out for a year and gained 10 kg of muscles? Highly doubt it. Especially if it wasnt your first year.
    10 pounds id believe, but not kg.
    Namecalling...mature and giving for this conversation. I said that no ordinary man get the levels of proteins pr day required for fast muscle growth. You are obviously used to dealing with 80g protein in the morning. Maybe you could help him by elaborating on what you eat? Also the best use of proteins comes 15 minutes before and after a workout and I doubt hes having a meal in this window.

Actually that's very understandable. When I had a car accident three years ago, I was under extreme stress and pressure. I could only guess that my testosterone level increased, too. I was quite aggressive for some time afterwards because I lost a lot of money (my beloved car basically) in that accident. That's about the same time I had my peak regarding muscle and strength.
    That made no sense. At all.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 01:01 PM ----------

Namecalling...mature and giving for this conversation. I said that no ordinary man get the levels of proteins pr day required for fast muscle growth. You are obviously used to dealing with 80g protein in the morning. Maybe you could help him by elaborating on what you eat? Also the best use of proteins comes 15 minutes before and after a workout and I doubt hes having a meal in this window.
    Nice bro science bro.

Chicken, turkey, fish, lean cuts of meat, egg/eggwhites, fat free cheeses, high protein wraps, and soy beans is where I get the majority of my protein. I never use powder as it tastes funky and it's virtually impossible to find kosher powder.

Deleted
    I dont get it in the morning perse, and i dont eat before my workout, i do intermittent fasting so i workout on a empty stomach and then i eat the biggest meal of the day after my workout.

100g Red Lentils - 22g of protein
    150g chicken - 38g protein
    150g broccoli - 5g protein
    x amount of milk - x protein

Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    That made no sense. At all.
    It did, in my head. Nevermind that.

Chicken, turkey, fish, lean cuts of meat, egg/eggwhites, fat free cheeses, high protein wraps, and soy beans is where I get the majority of my protein. I never use powder as it tastes funky and it's virtually impossible to find kosher powder.
    My plan is to somehow eat about 3400 calories a day for the first few weeks and then go up to 4000 for the last few weeks until I reach 85kg. 3500 calories should be enough to keep that weight then. Rule of thumb is "weight x 20kcal", right?

My plan is to somehow eat about 3400 calories a day for the first few weeks and then go up to 4000 for the last few weeks until I reach 85kg. 3500 calories should be enough to keep that weight then. Rule of thumb is "weight x 20kcal", right?
    I maintain around 85kgs by eating around 2500 calories a day while exercising 1-2 hours every day. It kinda depends on the person.

Deleted

A goal weight is a bad goal for a bulk, go for a time bulk instead of a weight bulk.

A goal weight is a bad goal for a bulk, go for a time bulk instead of a weight bulk.
    What do you mean by that?

What do you mean by that?
    He means you should bulk for 3-6 months then cut instead of going to a specific weight and maintaining. I think he is wrong but whatever. I have never been someone who agrees with the bulking/cutting pattern. Interestingly, neither does the lean gains guy that harzaka takes his diet from.

Agree.

Now with all the information of how to maximize your gain its time to simplify it a bit.

Food, training, sleep.

• Eat proper. Dont freak out if you eat a piece or two of cake. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is nobrainers. Supplement with some fruit or some nuts in between.
    • Hit the weights like there was no tomorrow. Use a program that suits your needs. Could be mine. Could be anyones.
    • Sleep right. Get a loong good sleep each night. Make sure you sleep in most dark as possible. Minimize noise.

With that you should be able to acheive your goal without going mental over eating habits, protein intake, maximum use of this and that. You seem motivated so it should be fun and easy for you to do this.

Deleted
    And no, you do not do ALL muscle groups or you don't bother, you put focus on what you find most important first. Why the fuck should I do leg training or lower back right now?
    Growth hormone release. Squats are excellent for this, if you only do one leg exercise do squats.

And yes, everyone is a hard gainer.
    Usually "hard gainer" means "someone that isn't eating enough".

You can obviously get your required protein by ensuring you eat correctly, its just easier to use a shake. The "golden hour" to which you are kinda referring is broscience, i.e not true.
    Last edited by mmocf0e017c162; 2012-11-07 at 01:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by runawaybishop View Post
    Growth hormone release. Squats are excellent for this, if you only do one leg exercise do squats.

Usually "hard gainer" means "someone that isn't eating enough".

You can obviously get your required protein by ensuring you eat correctly, its just easier to use a shake. The "golden hour" to which you are kinda referring is broscience, i.e not true.
    Hard gainer as in muscle, not in weight.

Deleted
    Hard gainer as in muscle, not in weight.
    Still correct though - its pretty much always a calorie and diet deficiency or timing issue.

Still correct though - its pretty much always a calorie and diet deficiency or timing issue.
    This has been scientifically proven to be false. Why would you state such bullshit? Next you are going to tell me the difference between a mastiff and a chihuahua is purely based on calorie and diet deficiencies or timing issues. Some people naturally grow more muscle than other people. And for good reason. Evolutionarily it makes sense that there would be significant biodiversity in the human race. Hard gainers tend to be better long distance runners (like a deer) while easy gainers tend to be strong and quick (like a panther) or super strong and slow (like an elephant). Each type of build is good at different things and allows the human race survive different types of natural environments.
    Last edited by jbhasban; 2012-11-07 at 02:47 PM.

Do you have anything to prove that? I remember to have read it several times and went looking for more articles about it. Here is one: http://www.leangains.com/2009/12/pre...etabolism.html
    He states that its effective for metabolism boosts as well as muscle growth. I know you shouldnt trust whatever you read but in my years of intense workout and passion about body development I never found and article that said otherwise. I don't go looking for myth busting every day so if you have concrete evidence I would very much like to know.

Deleted
    best advice you'll get from these forums: get advice from actual athletes and their coaches,not wow players.