Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rt7 View Post
    if you're a dude you're basically assumed to be a pedophile and rapist
    I fix'd that for you, no need to thank me. Now just tell me where you live and what your name is so I can call the local authorities.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing to note here while on the subject of young fellow gamers, i see so many people judge younger players solely because of their age, Yet i have played since just after TBC launch, and have been the GM of a vast guild in that time, and played across many servers, and the most immature, annoying, and bad gamers are of around the 17number, They are at that point where they think they can take on the world, and know it all, Yet the younger gamers (11+) i've played alongside all strive to impress, they want to taken seriously as they know their age is against them, Ofcourse it won't be like this all round, there are very mature, and immature people of all ages, But this is in my experience^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my old guilds my GL was 50+ and his daughter played as well and was 12 at the time we all met her. I spent a few years there but it was always uncomfortable having to watch what we said when she was online.

I was much more comfortable after switching guilds to people closer to my own age who had the same type of humor I did and didn't mind.

That being said, I've run into plenty of 16 year olds in game who were mature enough to handle that type of humor as well as project an image that they were older.

My suggestion would be possibly looking for a smaller guild where you are comfortable with everyone.

I was always confused by that only 18+ or 21+ guilds. Like..do you demand peoples information and run a back round check? I know people who act older..and younger, than they actually are. It's not that hard to be like, "Lol yea I'm 18. Whatevs. WHAR DAH EPIX AT?!" Granted using that -exact- sentence may not work out so well on the whole 'subtle' level..

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deoffry View Post
    I was always confused by that only 18+ or 21+ guilds. Like..do you demand peoples information and run a back round check? I know people who act older..and younger, than they actually are. It's not that hard to be like, "Lol yea I'm 18. Whatevs. WHAR DAH EPIX AT?!" Granted using that -exact- sentence may not work out so well on the whole 'subtle' level..
    In some cases it's people being stupid, they think that having an 18+ limit means they will have a more mature guild, Which is utter crap lol
    In other cases it's because people advertise it as an age restricted guild, so that way they can feel ok about saying things in gchat that minors shouldn't hear, so this way if someone complains about things said in gchat they can say that's why they have an age restriction

Quote Originally Posted by Deoffry View Post
    I hate to break it to you and everyone else who thought this comment, but it's hardly rocket science. Guilds obviously don't do a background check before they allow people to enter, they're several reasons why they use that in their recruitment.

It discourages (but obviously doesn't stop) people under that age from applying.
    If they raid, then they probably want the raider to be the master of their own destiny. In other words able to actually decide when they want to raid and not be told when to raid by mommy or daddy.
    They want to be able to have mature conversation in guild chat. My guilds chat often consists of a sexual innuendo or two.
    Finally it gives them a very easy guilt free reason to kick a player if they are under the recruitment age. It stops that person being bitter about being kicked and gives the guild a valid defense if the kickee runs into trade chat trying to bad mouth the guild.

OP if I were you I perhaps would want to cut down the flirting as much as possible, but other then that continue as normal. Obviously don't ever agree to have her on realID have her phone number, personal info etc, but if she isn't ready to hear the things that you often come out with then it's up to HER and HER PARENTS to stop her from hearing those things. I think it's insane that people here are saying that you should tone anything down. Why should your enjoyment of a game be hampered by her intellectual (or lack-of) development. That's what parents are for.

@te
    just be happy you didn't invite her over
    *pedobearsmile*

Deleted
    WoW.

Nudity ?! This is a game for 12 yo, you sick or something ?
    Booze ?! Oh, that is ok.

@det but i like to flirt with some girls ( well i know how they look and how old they are)
    wow is like a chatroom, you don't see them you don't get to know the real version of them, just that i got some game elements^^

Deleted
    I started playing when I was 11/12 and I'm now 18. I don't care how old the player is and neither should you. As long as they're competent and can play well, who gives a fuck if they're black/white, 12 or 60.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    and the most immature, annoying, and bad gamers are of around the 17number,
    It's the 22-27 year-old bracket.

They're out of college. Had their first sexual experience (well, maybe this is WoW). May have their first job (yet still being supported by mom and dad)...and think they know all about life. Smart enough to understand their environment, but not wise enough to have learned from history -- they are the worst of all.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Youngest I have ever met was 17, probably because I can't have an interesting conversation with anyone younger - so I have no idea how you got to talking with a 12 year old, as it must have been pretty self evident.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    I started playing when I was 11/12 and I'm now 18.
    This might be the scariest thing I've read on the internet.
    We have people loose in the world now whose whole adolecense has been formed by World of Warcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    This might be the scariest thing I've read on the internet.
    We have people loose in the world now whose whole adolecense has been formed by World of Warcraft.
    No, as I can prioritise my real life to my gaming life. I don't cancel on plans for WoW, I don't take days off work to play WoW, I have a very good social life, girlfriend and I'm financially stable and capable without assistance of friends/family.

Your move.

I remember starting playing at about 13 yrs old, now I'm 19. Back then I really never paid attention to my guild because I was too busy being a noob and observing the new world around me.

Anywho, if I met someone about that age (or younger) I would feel pretty uncomfortable. Although now I look back on it, I did seem to project a more mature influence. Just the way I spoke and took most of the jokes thrown at me.

I kind of know how you feel OP, just on a less larger scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    It's the 22-27 year-old bracket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post

They're out of college. Had their first sexual experience (well, maybe this is WoW). May have their first job (yet still being supported by mom and dad)...and think they know all about life. Smart enough to understand their environment, but not wise enough to have learned from history -- they are the worst of all.

I gotta pretty much agree. I find it more pathetic and somewhat sad seeing an older person act so immature and childish.

At least when a younger person throwing a tempter tantrum you kind of see it as a normal thing.... not when you're in your mid 20's.
    Last edited by Exerionx; 2012-11-07 at 01:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found in my experience that guilds that either have age limits OR restrictions in the opposite direction (PG only gchat for example) tend to be filled with more immature people. I've been playing mmorpgs for more than a decade now and my age never has been an issue in any guild I've been in. There are other people like me who can give the impression they are quite older than they are simply because of how their brain works. I've always talked with people older than myself, I would approach adults and talk to them on a subject of shared interest when I was five years old. Age isn't very relevant to some when it comes to maturity, however with the majority age does tend to have relevance to the person's maturity.

If you're scared to be "friendly" then you probably are also acting in a manner that would be unacceptable in public in which case the problem is not the other people but instead is you. If you cannot be considerate of others when speaking then you should practice speaking in a manner appropriate for anyone. The difference is with online communication you cannot easily estimate the age of the person you are speaking with because you don't have any visual clues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Say things in conversation like "Darkwing Duck, that shit was awesome!! Even better than Rescue Rangers" and if they get confused and just watched Icarly and stuff, they're probably too young for you.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Say things in conversation like "Darkwing Duck, that shit was awesome!! Even better than Rescue Rangers" and if they get confused and just watched Icarly and stuff, they're probably too young for you.
    Animaniacs, imo
    The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started WoW when I was 12 I'm 20 now :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

Quote Originally Posted by Illkhan View Post
    Have you tried not being a creeper? Most people don't enjoy hearing disgusting sexual comments you know. Shouldn't matter what age they are.
    I think there's been a total of 2 maybe 3 people that I've met on WoW EVER that WEREN'T entertained by some sexual/inneundoy comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15