Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just like the Forsaken, they are tied with Tauren for my second favorite race.

Night elf of some renown before Arthas raised her as an undead to serve him. Tragic Hero forced to do exactly what she fought against. After they ported her from wc3 into WoW and had to build on a dead storyline, they really didn't do much with it. All the "new" stuff is just fodder and well, she is who she always was; an undead nelf forced into a life she never wanted but refuses to "let her torment end" so to speak by keepin on keepin on.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I blame it on boobs. Otherwise, let's face it, her action are just as bad as Garrosh. She uses Plague to kill civilians and turn them into zombies. She views her followers as disposable minions that are only there to guarantee her own survival. She lies to her 'allies' about using said Plague and doesn't really give a damn about them.

But hey, she's an elven chick. Sure she's kinda dead for while, but those boobs. While Garrosh is an orc. Like, eww. For some reason, Mana Bomb is much worse than Plague bomb and using Val'kyr to turn people into zombies is completely ignorable. 'Survival of her race' and all that. Poor zombies need babies too, after all.

Seriously, she would've been made into villain if people didn't fap to her so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I just like the Forsaken, they are tied with Tauren for my second favorite race.
    The Forsaken from the perspective of exiles who suffered because of their Undead state and trying to scratch a living is cool and quite interesting.

However this has been long since forgotten and tbh wasn't really their focus even during Vanilla questing. The plaguing, necromancy, back stabbing and general genocidal techniques and aims of the Undead are now what the Forsaken are. Their character is no longer one of a misunderstood people, it's of an evil faction of Undead. This side of the Forsaken is also the part of the Forsaken Sylvanas is really pushing.

Deleted
    The most important thing for a leader is to always think about the best for it's people no matter the sacrifices you have to make. She has made a lot of sacrifices and in every line of her speach we can see that her utmost desire is the survival of her people.

Besides that ...

http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads...meh.ro4887.jpg

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    The most important thing for a leader is to always think about the best for it's people no matter the sacrifices you have to make. She has made a lot of sacrifices and in every line of her speach we can see that her utmost desire is the survival of her people.
    The problem starts where you survival pretty much requires killing other faction. Assuming Alliance gets completely defeated, Sylvanas would have to start killing Hordies to ensure 'survival of her people'.

Unless she breeds humans in captivity and then zombifies them. Both of which are rather nasty choices that should bring Ashbringer on her head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jontunnel130 View Post
    Night elf of some renown before Arthas raised her as an undead to serve him. Tragic Hero forced to do exactly what she fought against. After they ported her from wc3 into WoW and had to build on a dead storyline, they really didn't do much with it. All the "new" stuff is just fodder and well, she is who she always was; an undead nelf forced into a life she never wanted but refuses to "let her torment end" so to speak by keepin on keepin on.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Sylvannas_Windrunner

She's an Undead High Elf, by the time she was raised Night Elves weren't even known to exist yet. (Within the Human/ Undead Campaigns).

In WoW, she had a Night Elf model in vanilla--> early wrath because models for Blood Elves didn't exist yet, and night elves were the only race close to resembling them

Please read up on a topic before posting people, we don't want people to be misinformed
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    She is the only (horde) faction leader who isn't some 2D 'jolly do-good' (imo).

And don't say Garrosh is 'evil'. That guy is just stupid ... there is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Sylvanas "You! Minion! Assist these fools in helping them raise the corpses of these alliance into drones for my undead army, I need protection!"
    Player (looks are Sylvanas's exposed hips and firm boobs) "Durrrrr Okie dokie!"
    Hahaha! Trassk, you have absolutely no right to take the high road on this. Let's just jump back into that thread last week about Vol'jin's new model for a moment shall we?

holy cow! I'm so aroused right now O.o
    I see they didn't so much update his skeleton like Thrall but retextured. Its still a huge improvement, and love the revealing look ^^
    its troll warpaint. a troll chieftain is meant to look fearsome to his enemies.

He's still hawt though!
    Not ugly, he's a stud and you know it! Say it! *pokes with stick*
    You basically spent the whole thread salivating over it and challenging anyone who said the slightest bad thing about it. Also, your avatar image used to be of a buff, topless troll flexing and I'm pretty sure you had something in your signature about how your avatar was soooo sexy too. Is it really a good idea to talk down to Sylvanas fans for doing the exact same thing you're doing?
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    No, it really isnt...

She allied herself with the Alliance forces sent to relcaim Lordaeron, managed to kill two incompetent Dreadlords, and backstabbed Garithos and killed said army he was leading, all she did was take advantage of the situation, otherwise "Securing" Lordaeron was completely out of her reach without help.
    That's quite a feat considering her forces where largely outnumbered. Instead of a suicidal frontal assault she manipulated the game to fit her. There is no way you can say that's a easy task or unimpressive.

I would be ashamed of any military leader who cannot expand their frontier when they have access to a limitless supply of reinforcements, especially when those reinforcements are every enemy you kill and raise into your ranks.
    Remember, she held her land for years before she was even able to raise re-enforcements. She held it from the scourge and the alliance.

She tried, and failed yet again, to kill Arthas in the Halls of Reflection, thats it. Last time I checked she wasn't there next to Tirion when he put the crown on Bolvar's head
    So because she could not defeat a far superior enemy she's a failure?

The Val'Kyr found her on their own, she didn't go out of her way to find any form of solution, the solution walked into her lap, rezzed her, and decided to serve her from that point on. To call that an achievement of her own merit is asinine, it was complete and pure luck.
    Luck or not, it serves the forsaken and she's using it to benefit the undead. What she's doing with what was given to her is impressive.

The Forsaken are better off because Sylvannas has been retardedly lucky from the beginning, nothing she has ever done has been because of her tactical genius, it has all been because of some mystical alignment in the storyline that helped her get through a tough situation.
    Your very first line is a direct proof of her tactical genius. not luck.

Like Scummer said already, Sylvannas is only in her position of power because of plot armor, nothing she has done as a leader is anything even remotely close to impressive.
    So tell me what Vol'jin has done that's so much more impressive? Or Cairne Bloodhoof. I'm sure we can analyse their achievements and make them negative as well.
    Last edited by mmoc95b0357cfe; 2012-11-07 at 02:44 PM.

Virginity.

It influences opinion.

Funny thing is, lets say that Arthas was a ''hot'' woman instead of the man he was, and he's still the EXACT same character... he would have a far larger fanbase than he currently has now. And if Sylvanas was a man by that instance, her fanbase would've been a lot smaller.

Everyone would be saying ''Arthas is a very strong woman, we don't have that many in WoW''

''She's a good leader, all of her evil actions to murder a billion people is just misunderstood''

You know... these things that people currently praise Sylvanas with, you know what I mean. Man like praising woman more then other man.

Ever noticed that in pretty much all of Sylvanas' artwork, she is never wearing pants but just a thong? She never appeared like that before any other time...

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Funny thing is, lets say that Arthas was a ''hot'' woman instead of the man he was, and he's still the EXACT same character... he would have a far larger fanbase than he currently has now. And if Sylvanas was a man by that instance, her fanbase would've been a lot smaller.

Everyone would be saying ''Arthas is a very strong woman, we don't have that many in WoW''

''She's a good leader, all of her evil actions to murder a billion people is just misunderstood''

You know... these things that people currently praise Sylvanas with, you know what I mean. Man like praising woman more then other man.

Ever noticed that in pretty much all of Sylvanas' artwork, she is never wearing pants but just a thong? She never appeared like that before any other time...
    This pretty much ^

Its sad. But its oh so true.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    The only thing I can gather is that she's considered 'hawt'.
    That does it for me.

Well not only. Also the fact that I saw her get killed and turned undead by Arthas in the WCIII campaign. I kinda felt bad for her.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post

Idk what you are on about. Pretty much everyone I know thinks that Arthas was the best (and most believable) villain that WoW has ever had.

He also has a fanbase that is much bigger than Sylvanas'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilananazz View Post
    That's quite a feat considering her forces where largely outnumbered. Instead of a suicidal frontal assault she manipulated the game to fit her. There is no way you can say that's a easy task or unimpressive.
    Taking Advantage of fatigued soldiers who just won a Battle when your small force is just as ready like they were before the battle is taking advantage of the situation with your opponent heavily at a disadvantage, I can hardly say that is very impressive.

and the Forsaken force was roughly 2/3 of the Alliance force, still enough to get an upper hand, not minor at all.

Remember, she held her land for years before she was even able to raise re-enforcements. She held it from the scourge and the alliance.
    Held her land against what exactly? An army of corpses who had no real leader using them? Arthas was essentially asleep until wrath, and wasn't controlling his forces, and Kel'Thuzad got too cocky and screwed up with Naxxrammas.

Not to mention the continuous backing of the Horde Military when she joined them, and bringing the Blood Elves into the fold to help her out if she needed them.

On top of that, the Alliance hardly had any forces pushing into Lordaeron, they had Chillwind Point, and that was just 2 Paladins, a priest, and a hunter or two, hardly a force to take anything. The only threatening thing to the forsaken was the Scarlet Crusade, who were too dogmatic and Zealous to do anything smart.

So because she could not defeat a far superior enemy she's a failure?
    my Comment was into regards of how people portray her during Icecrown Citadel, she hardly had a hand in Killing Arthas, and yet she is still accredited with aiding in his downfall.

Yet again, Last time I checked Sylvannas wasn't firing arrows at the Lich King when I killed him. The best she did was play with his sword and run away when he found out

Luck or not, it serves the forsaken and she's using it to benefit the undead. What she's doing with what was given to her is impressive.
    Impressive, by doing exactly what she hated Arthas for, yes, she is a real choice in character, going back on her "morals" the instant it suited her. She has become the very thing she was fueled with vengeance against, and not a damn has been given by her.

Your very first line is a direct proof of her tactical genius. not luck.
    Any idiot can take advantage of a situation when it is in their favor, to not win with such odds in your favor would be evident of more than just incompetence.

So tell me what Vol'jin has done that's so much more impressive? Or Cairne Bloodhoof. I'm sure we can analyse their achievements and make them negative as well.
    Horde leaders have never been my strong point, and as far as I'm concerned they have similar faults, but not to the degree of Sylvannas's leadership

anyways I'm out, got better things to do.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
    Virginity.

It influences opinion.

Kinda This.

After 5 years of marrage, Seeing a half naked pixel doesnt do it for me. All i see is another horde leader after her own agenda, using WMD, and rebelling against her Warchief.

After we put down Garrosh, we need to kill that bitch.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    Her story is well padded out compared to most leaders. She was a tragic character with a thirst for vengeance. I don't give a shit if she's considered hot... how can you find a rotten corpse hot anyway? All I care about is her character quality and how she makes the story interesting. Not everything should be happy rainbows and unicorns in fiction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just look at all the threads about how monks aren't very interesting and their starting zone sucks.

Monks are an incredibly deep and interesting class that breath new life into the game, plus their starting zone is the best yet, filled with story and amazing sights. People hail DKs so fondly, and why? Because they prefer grimdark death emo over most other things. Sylvanas is just a reflection of that, the grimdark death emo craze that most teens and early 20somethings have. That and she has boobs. She's basically every goth wannabe and emo kid's wet dream.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

When i was 12 and playing the WC3:RoC campaign i saw her defend her homeland and get killed along side her rangers. I still remember how cool it was when she broke one of the main bridges to Silvermoon and Arthas who said "Damn that woman".

She was a really nice character that got run it to the ground. The 180 degrees shift in Cataclysm with Guilneas and all is just stupid. She doesn't deserve to be turned in to the next Arthas.